Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This despite all our bachelor/bachelorette reality shows, imagine that.
    I've learned how to treat a women from watching jersey shore, so I know nothing can go wrong now haha.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scorpion Click here to enlarge
    I've learned how to treat a women from watching jersey shore, so I know nothing can go wrong now haha.
    I don't even know if I would call those things women.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I won't say it is 9 out of 10. I'd say it's probably reversed. Women initiate all the divorces practically don't they? They call the shots with their body, the kids, your body, your money, your house, your things, etc.

How do you know what she will be like after the marriage? Sex dries up, your bank account dries up, she's off to the next.
    BC you should KNOW her long before marriage. This is a losing argument in here but i have so many ignorant friends who treat their wives like $#@!, and yea sure than the woman files. And they curse them and act like their $#@! don't stink when they're the ones neglecting their family.

A whore will always be a whore, that's your job to figure out.

Money is a trouble area but if you communicate, dont lie, and understand each other it shouldnt dry up...

My argument basically is I think people marry just to marry sometimes, not for the right reason.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    BC you should KNOW her long before marriage. This is a losing argument in here but i have so many ignorant friends who treat their wives like $#@!, and yea sure than the woman files. And they curse them and act like their $#@! don't stink when they're the ones neglecting their family.
    I agree you definitely should but there is no way to really know how age and children will affect her.

A whore will always be a whore, that's your job to figure out.
    Absolutely.

My argument basically is I think people marry just to marry sometimes, not for the right reason.
    Do not disagree. My argument is that it is a financial liability regardless.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    There's a few of you guys here who's wives I've met as well as those who have talked about their wives or told me what they are like and truly they are great women with and the marriage is great. So I just want to make it clear not all women are terrible and not all marriages are terrible.

It just seems that marriage can be a big liability and IF it goes sour the woman has all the power to clean you out.
    @Sticky, marriage is what you put into it. I know you've heard it before but it is the truth. It requires as much - if not more - foresight, planning and effort as your career choice. Most men, including myself, did not realize the magnitude of work it takes to have a successful and fulfilling marriage.

Our marriage has never been "terrible" as I poorly portrayed in my first post here. My point was this - if your wife/partner does not share your view of finances and/or child rearing you will likely be a statistic (or in a miserable marriage). I was with my wife for 3 years before marriage so it wasn't a shotgun 3 month engagement and a diamond ring.

Why would she hide bills from you though that would eventually have to be dealt with? To not scare you off? That's a bit messed up. At least she figured it out though. Some women just rinse and repeat and until they get too old and no man is willing to put it with their crap any longer.
    The college bills she assumed - as she had for her first 23 years - that Daddy would just right a check for it and be done. Well, Daddy's business took a big hit circa 2007/2008 and his resources were needed to save the family lumber brokerage business - not bail out his adult daughter marrying another adult with a proper career.

I totally understand her Dad's stance. My father in-law and I get along great and we are good fishing beer drinking buddy's today. He's a fabulous grandpa to our son as well. No ill-will at all for that choice to send the college bill to our address.

The bills were less of a "hiding game" and more an insight to her naivete at the time. It was a reality check for her that the Disneyland Dad deal has an expiration date at adulthood. She just assumed Dad would take care of it and instead I took care of them. I hope that makes sense.

My wife and I are WAY beyond that today. She's got herself an excellent career with pretty decent pay and today, we are on the same page financially. I wouldn't want it any other way - the grass is very green right here!

With the dual-income from two professionals, I find the modern marriage to be a SOLID financial investment. However, I knew firsthand I couldn't be with someone longing to be a stay-at-home mom someday. Hot women in business suits still drive me nuts.

What us boys need to realize, is the tremendous amount of effort and attention it takes to maintain a happy marriage. It is not the simple "bring home the bacon" and all is well mentality we see portrayed today.

The work is worth the reward, IMO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats why I married a foreign woman, less problems to worry about such a cultural influences and traditional ideologies that can wreak havoc in a house hold.

Technically, being married has its finiancial positives over premaritial relationships - a waste of money, might as well spend it on prostitution and get better results, its just if it ever ends the finiancial part of it can turn into a nightmare, and a woman being a woman when her mind is set on revenge, then oh well we all should know by now how that will turn out

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    BC you should KNOW her long before marriage.....
    Then the greater the chance of not getting married to her...lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    It was a reality check for her that the Disneyland Dad deal has an expiration date at adulthood. She just assumed Dad would take care of it and instead I took care of them. I hope that makes sense.
    Makes complete sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    Thats why I married a foreign woman,
    I'm thinking a foreign woman may be the way to go. The women here tend to want to party and ride the carousel until getting toward the end of their desirability at which point a mad dash for a man to take care of them. Just what I tend to see.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    Then the greater the chance of not getting married to her...lol
    that is exactly my point

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    some advice DO NOT let your wife take care of all the finances !!!! to many friends have done this and one day they find out there 80,000 in credit card debt with nothing to show for it . find out the wife was using credit to pay house,car,shopping ,dinners,ect... always look at the accounts at least once a month if you are going to be this guy!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cwarren Click here to enlarge
    some advice DO NOT let your wife take care of all the finances !!!! to many friends have done this and one day they find out there 80,000 in credit card debt with nothing to show for it . find out the wife was using credit to pay house,car,shopping ,dinners,ect... always look at the accounts at least once a month if you are going to be this guy!!!
    Asking the wife to take care of finances would be like asking your dog to watch your steak while you step out for a bit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Marriage isnt a tough deal at all, if it is, you married the wrong person. Next month is my 21st year and never been happier. Before all you single guys start, I did $#@! you boys would think is gross before I was married. I travelled Europe, I $#@!ed anything with a pulse [ and sometimes without one] and had a blast.

I still enjoy my life, I still love being married.
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Asking the wife to take care of finances would be like asking your dog to watch your steak while you step out for a bit.
    You have a lot to learn young padawan
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    I $#@!ed anything with a pulse [ and sometimes without one]
    Hahahahha! Nice line.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You have a lot to learn young padawan
    I doubt I'm wrong on that one. Plus my father said the biggest mistake he ever made in his life was allowing my mother to assume any control of his finances. That's enough for me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I doubt I'm wrong on that one. Plus my father said the biggest mistake he ever made in his life was allowing my mother to assume any control of his finances. That's enough for me.
    Im afraid that says more about your father than your mother!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im afraid that says more about your father than your mother!
    Hah maybe a bit of both. All I know is I don't ever want a woman to use my own finances against me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Its all about making sure you marry the right one bro. My wife married me when I had a english stately home FcUK Hall! We had nothing and were happy. Now, well now we are quite comfortable and still happy. We dont want for much, have good friends, a great social life and 2 great kids.

Cant think of anything else I would need. OK a wife who won £4000000 on the lottery would be cool too!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Finding a girl in SoCal who is happy with you when you have nothing or little is impossible. They all think they are entitled to some guy with millions and to be pampered like some queen just because they have a vagina.

My friends wife is complaining recently because he had trouble finding a new job after he got fired, because one of her friends had a kid, and because another girlfriend bought a house. I swear it's like a never ending list of things to keep a woman happy and it is constantly changing based on what her friends are doing. It's idiotic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Been married for ~8 years. I've found it to be overall very rewarding despite the occasional headache. My wife is fairly pampered (doesn't work, doesn't watch our son during the day, doesn't cook or clean, etc) but she's good with money and for the most part keeps me happy. Click here to enlarge

When we first married I did a prenup but it was relatively fair. It basically just documented each of our assets going in to the marriage (mine were fairly considerable in comparison), and stated that in the event of divorce the only common assets are those that we specifically have joined. Like homes where I've listed her on the title, etc. Over the years I've listed her on most everything except those assets I originally had. But at this point its more for estate planning than anything else.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Its all about making sure you marry the right one bro. My wife married me when I had a english stately home FcUK Hall! We had nothing and were happy. Now, well now we are quite comfortable and still happy. We dont want for much, have good friends, a great social life and 2 great kids.

Cant think of anything else I would need. OK a wife who won £4000000 on the lottery would be cool too!
    This... was with Sam (my wife) for 8 years before getting married, i heard so many people $#@! changes when you say I do, $#@! changes when hes pregnant, $#@! changes when the kid is born... well im still waiting for a change LOL

Spot on , your views mirror mine

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This... was with Sam (my wife) for 8 years before getting married, i heard so many people $#@! changes when you say I do, $#@! changes when hes pregnant, $#@! changes when the kid is born... well im still waiting for a change LOL
    Good points Chuck. +repped

On another note, when "$#@! changes" and you're with a partner that works with you not for you or against you - both of your "$#@! will change" seamlessly and together. The net result is nothing changed and you're in this game together with your wife, partner best-friend (hopefully!). Sounds like you and wife were cut from a similar cloth. Nice score dude.

The two most difficult yet rewarding jobs a man can be blessed to have - father and husband.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This is easy marriage is a great thing I have been married for eight years, the only
    Advice I can give you just make sure you invest in the right business partner.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol ^

to clarify what i said earlier, meant she's pregnant, not he LOL

and thanks @MisterEm , returned

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast