Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

14 out of 14 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Chicago Half Miles Videos(vargas stage 2 unveil)

Figured I would post this up over here as well since tony is on these forums frequently.

Well we had some success today. Stayed dry all morning, unfortunately we did get rained out around 330-345 but we all got 4-7 runs in.

First I will say this about the event itself.
    Wannagofast management and planning is pretty poor. Things were very slow, a little chaotic and generally not run very well. Lunch especially was abysmal, we were promised a catered lunch to fill us up after a half day of racing. During the lunch break we were greeted by only 3 baskets of tomales and hot sauce, which was followed 20 minutes later by some sliders showing up. VERY poor planning here, this was par for the course throughout the day. Now, on to the races.

My car is a FBO 09 e92 6AT with alpina flash and VARGAS stage 2 hybrid turbos.

All I got on my go pro were 3 races, more will trickle in as others post stuff.

As follows...

Me vs. Lamborghini Murcielago from a dig (very unhappy lambo owner Click here to enlarge)

Me vs FBO RB turbo 335is who put down 479whp
    from a dig, both get decent launches and it's a dead heat. Our traps were identical all day at 150mph

Me vs Same RB turbo car as above, he spins first gear. I nailed a very hard second gear launch and walked away hard race was over as soon as it started.

Here is my very brief synopsis of RB vs Vargas for stage 2 kits. They are a dead heat, both kits are extremely equal. As they are intended to be, no apparent advantage to either kit. Though as you can see I did still win both races, and am now pretty partial to my kickass vargas turbos! Tony does good work!

There were quite a few other N54's there to represent today as well. I would say nearly 10 in total, and a 15-20 car BMW showing. Very good day, I hope some of the other guys chime in here and use this as a place to post up some of those vids/pics when they get them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    what tune do you have? and what was the boost set to?

car looks strong
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Car is tuned by PTF boost is 20 pounds tapering to 16.5 or so if i recall correctly. Sorry if that's not right so many last minute revisions this week.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

What rpm were you shifting at? Can't wait to get my stage 2 vtt turbos.
    Titanium Silver E92 09 BMW 335i xdrive 6AT
    KW V3 coilovers, AMS FMIC, AR Catless DP, Walbro 455 LPFP, BMS DCI, Alpina B3 Trans Flash, Vargas HPFP and Rail
    Protuned via Cobb by JR TUNED @ PandL Motorsports
    75%E85/25%93 blend 430awhp/470lbs tq on AWD Dynojet
    Dyno Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6Ed...ature=youtu.be

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    was the smoke from the murcielago at 20 sec. from the tires or clutch, it looks likes it came from the engine bay but i cant tell

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Awesome!!! I love to see N54 putting in work, regardless of the tune or hardware they're running
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idriveslo Click here to enlarge
    First I will say this about the event itself.
    Wannagofast management and planning is pretty poor. Things were very slow, a little chaotic and generally not run very well. Lunch especially was abysmal, we were promised a catered lunch to fill us up after a half day of racing. During the lunch break we were greeted by only 3 baskets of tomales and hot sauce, which was followed 20 minutes later by some sliders showing up. VERY poor planning here, this was par for the course throughout the day. Now, on to the races.
    this, is what i hear a lot.. the planning and execution. everyone thinks they can jut rent a place, charge people, and it will go well. If its not gonna be a decent meal, dont include it. set th event up how you, as a racer want it to flow.. its all about flow..

looks like you had some good runs though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    was the 335is manual? looked like a lot of sloppy shifting

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    @mithiral67
    I believe his car is a 6MT
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Damn, that was really sick. Lambo had no chance, even from a dig which is the saddest part.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes, his car is 6MT.

I was able to run the Vargas car against my FBO no meth for the last run and Dan beat me by a car. I really wish one of us had a gopro for that run.

I trapped 146.15 and he was 146.10

All of the N54's represented well and it was fun hanging out at the track with everyone... much more fun than arguing on the message boards.
    07 E92 335I | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS E85 Flash | DCI | BMS DPs | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCU Flash | Walbro GLS392 | E70 | 429rwhp/474rwtq

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Hey, great runs guys! Both cars have more left in them. Some smoke coming up from that Murci, was his car running right? That's an ass kicking and a half, almost unbelievableClick here to enlarge

@mithiral67's car was tuned for 450wtq peak as per his request by Jake...I etuned @idriveslo's car with peak 20psi down low, 18.5psi@6000rpm, 17psi at 6500rpm with timing in the 12-13.5deg range...more left in both setups in both timing and boost departments but given they were going 1/2 mile we decided this first time out to play it a bit safe just in case
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Hey, great runs guys! Both cars have more left in them. Some smoke coming up from that Murci, was his car running right? That's an ass kicking and a half, almost unbelievableClick here to enlarge

@mithiral67's car was tuned for 450wtq peak as per his request by Jake...I etuned @idriveslo's car with peak 20psi down low, 18.5psi@6000rpm, 17psi at 6500rpm with timing in the 12-13.5deg range...more left in both setups in both timing and boost departments but given they were going 1/2 mile we decided this first time out to play it a bit safe just in case
    yeah, looked like the clutch was frying for a moment, right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Am I the only one that thinks the RB car did extremely well given the information provided. It appears to be running less E85, has no fueling upgrades and is a 6MT. Without knowing the true details of the tuning and how aggressive it is between both vehicles, the RB car appears to be more impressive.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    The 335is was my car and yes, I am not the best shifter. This was the first race event I have ever done, so a little new at pounding through all the gears at wot. I generally don't do that on the street being I don't hate my clutch and don't need to. Sorry I didn't do better on the second run. Wish I could have done another but had to run after that one.

I was also having some issues with power after shifting, I will post logs shortly.
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stormtrooper335 Click here to enlarge
    was the smoke from the murcielago at 20 sec. from the tires or clutch, it looks likes it came from the engine bay but i cant tell
    It might have, but the murc was trapping in the 13Xs all day, so Dan would have taken him in any race unless he really botched the launch.
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I will post of logs and the trap slips later, we got hammered last night and had to leave my car and walk home, all the $#@!s still in there.
    Last edited by mithiral67; 06-02-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry here is a full mods list since I cant edit my original post. And I was surprised by the results to be honest. I had talked with dzenno beforehand about who he though would take it, and we both agreed the RB car should edge me out. I have to be pretty pro vargas since I have a set of his beta turbos on the car. But @mithiral67 and I had a hell of a fun time battling it out. That first race between us was the most even race of the day and I know without variables every single one would be that close.

Side note aw335i's car HAULS ASS on stock fram turbos! That thing was kicking ass! We had an awesome n54 turnout there yesterday for sure. Was very nice to see everyone Click here to enlarge

My full mod list is as follows:
    VARGAS Stage 2 stock frame hybrid turbos with GTX compressor wheel and upgraded thrust parts
    Pro Tuning Freaks pro tune from Dzenno
    ALPINA trans flash
    VRSF 7" FMIC
    Quaife LSD
    BMS DCI/BMS catless downpipes/BMS oil thermostat mod
    Walbro 450lph standalone LPFP
    Continental sport contact 3 255/40/18 summer tires
    Was running on a tank of 70% ethanol 30% 110 leaded

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Am I the only one that thinks the RB car did extremely well given the information provided. It appears to be running less E85, has no fueling upgrades and is a 6MT. Without knowing the true details of the tuning and how aggressive it is between both vehicles, the RB car appears to be more impressive.
    Since when does more E85 and a fuel pump upgrade give you more HP? They may allow you to run more HP if tuned for them. I think it's really hard for people to actually accept that while a good upgrade RB's are not magic as they have been look at for years. It's a hybrid upgrade, I have said over and over I do not expect stage 2's to make any more power over RB's we built them to perform as well and added a few things to hopefully make them live a little longer, people wi still try to discount it but the first part is proven. Dan, cool videos and thanks for repping for us out there!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Since when does more E85 and a fuel pump upgrade give you more HP? They may allow you to run more HP if tuned for them. I think it's really hard for people to actually accept that while a good upgrade RB's are not magic as they have been look at for years. It's a hybrid upgrade, I have said over and over I do not expect stage 2's to make any more power over RB's we built them to perform as well and added a few things to hopefully make them live a little longer, people wi still try to discount it but the first part is proven. Dan, cool videos and thanks for repping for us out there!!
    Exactly! the point of these vargas hybrids really wasnt to go out and beat rb's every day. It was to outlast them at similar performance levels. Haha had a few people ask about the vargas sticker on the back of the car tony. Happy to do it, great results, fun day!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My mod list for comparision

Rob Beck Turbos
    Pro Tuning Freaks pro tune from Jake
    Stock clutch on a manual trans
    Helix FMIC
    Stock Ediff
    BMS DCI
    A/R downpipes
    Stock fueling
    Worlds stickiest All Season Conti DWS 275/30/19
    Was running on a tank of 40% ethanol 60% Shell 93

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here are my logs from the run. My timing doesn't look great, but it is what it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    very confusing statement... what was the point of running e70 then mixed w race gas? lol
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You can see where I started to spin in first and got off the throttle to correct, I didn't do that in the second race and it costs me pretty bad. Dan, look at second, just hooking up, makes no $#@!ing sense why my all seasons get full traction at wot, but they do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    yeah, looked like the clutch was frying for a moment, right?
    Yeah that was the clutch. It looked like he was going to have a good start but either that clutch is worn out or his held his foot on it too long.

Good runs. Not that it would matter but i'm sure those wheels are hurting that Bull in the mph department a good bit
    Alpha ///N - YouTube: 95CSL
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast