Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Yeah you are right. Tuning doesn't make any difference in these cars. It shouldn't even be mentioned that they both are on conservative tunes. They all run the same no matter what tune they are on. Guy again proves himself to be an idiot. Par for the course. Cool story bro
    BOOST, MORE BOOST, I WANT MORE BOOST!! isnt that what your used to saying Click here to enlarge ?

tuning has everything to do with it, but as a person that provides the hardware--- if you "get around to it", should probably leave the tuning talk to the people that tuned it.. would love to run an VTT STG 2 car around here, but sadly, he had to go with RB's but they are "about" equal, and i PERSONALLY know what they can do, so I prefer it as they are the benchmark fr hybrids, and i want the best an N54 can do.. and then ill line up against my brother-- if "someone gets around to it" (selling a stg 3 kit)

banned form another non-vendor thread in 4,3,2,1..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    If I want to tout my half a car win? BAHAHAHAHAHA you guys are hilarious, just go over Rob's house and hook him up with a BJ while you are at it. Many of you guys said the stage 2's were not even going to be close, etc etc blah blah blah. Here we have our first race on near even cars we come out ahead and the RB cheerleaders want to discount everything as they always do. Last time I checked a win is a win, and it was actually 2 wins. Honestly LM will never buy one our products so I could care less what he has to say, actually the people who are customers or are going to be are who concern me. The bored people who claim they surf this forum for a "brother" who has a 335 are just cool story bros and background chatter.
    I can't figure you out Vargas... not since day one but since I am not one to cause forum banter or stir people up this will be my final comment. I have no idea who said these won't be up to par with RBs but whoever it was, was clearly an idiot as they are both near identical upgrades. What I am pointing out is that the only superiority you will have in this market with these turbos will be long term reliability if they check out (which remains to be seen when these turbos have ~20-30k miles on them). It's pretty obvious neither has any sort of performance advantage on the dyno or street. What makes this interesting is that a manual car with a novice driver lost by only half a car... I don't know if this is to be attested to the fact that the RB's were stronger top end or the tunes were off... not onlyy that but one was running way more e85 which could have been tuned stronger but you said yourself the cars are both running a conservative tune... how conservative each is, is only in the tuner's heads.

good day
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Honestly LM will never buy one our products so I could care less what he has to say, actually the people who are customers or are going to be are who concern me. The bored people who claim they surf this forum for a "brother" who has a 335 are just cool story bros and background chatter.
    yourright, as i said above, i wont. but my brother will.. (different names BTW, so unless you plan on blacklisting the entire east coast, give up on trying to stop us) and apparantly neither will others, because you may only get them out "if you get around to it"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    haha here's a slip higher than the rb's to quiet marine.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Am I the only one who doesn't know about the GTX compressor wheel on the VTT stage 2s? I thought both the RBs and the VTTs were using the 15T for the compressor wheel?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idriveslo Click here to enlarge
    I didn't even realize sticky was there yesterday and I did not get to meet him.
    Attachment 30864
    EPIC

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    lol, there were several sticky sittings at the race yesterday, he wasn't very talkative though.
    There is no substitute.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Here were my two fastest runs of the day.

@idriveslo got me by a car.

In the other run I barely beat my friends GTR to the stripe.... but I went from a dig and he puttered out to the cones and tried to run me down.

In my other 3 runs I beat an M6 from a dig... he struggled on that launch though and was closing fast. Also beat a tuned vette (non z06) with intake and exhaust. I got beat by the Alpha 9 Porsche (surprise!).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    07 E92 335I | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS E85 Flash | DCI | BMS DPs | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCU Flash | Walbro GLS392 | E70 | 429rwhp/474rwtq

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I have a bunch of video from this event... I will throw it up when I get a chance. The fastest car was a 213 MPH Gen-2 Eclipse... Insane car - very very fast. His buddy had an older (I think) Eclipse that went off the track - and came too close for comfort to a house at the end of the track. It was a cool time - but figured they would roll on too... For a half mile, it takes a lot of the variant.

Not sure what all I have - the video is being processed right now. I know it's going to be pretty shaky - I have a pretty lengthy zoom lens on, and it was cold (excuse). Click here to enlarge

Cheers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWil335i Click here to enlarge
    Here were my two fastest runs of the day.

@idriveslo got me by a car.

In the other run I barely beat my friends GTR to the stripe.... but I went from a dig and he puttered out to the cones and tried to run me down.

In my other 3 runs I beat an M6 from a dig... he struggled on that launch though and was closing fast. Also beat a tuned vette (non z06) with intake and exhaust. I got beat by the Alpha 9 Porsche (surprise!).
    Were you the blue 335i?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Were you the blue 335i?
    silver. let me know if you have any videos from yesterday - there were 2 silver 335i cars - the other one had drag radials.
    Last edited by AWil335i; 06-02-2013 at 09:46 PM. Reason: added question
    07 E92 335I | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS E85 Flash | DCI | BMS DPs | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCU Flash | Walbro GLS392 | E70 | 429rwhp/474rwtq

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Were you the blue 335i?
    I might have a run of you. I am pretty sure I got one from all the bimmers there today. The 335i I was thinking of was a blue coupe - pretty heavy tints with chrome trim on the windows (I think de-badged) and ran a GT500. You know which one I am talking about?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There were two blue ones. One was the VTTS2 car, and the other was a FBO I think.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    why no roll race?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    why no roll race?
    the first race from a dig was so close that it was effectively from a roll we wanted to repeat it
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    the first race from a dig was so close that it was effectively from a dig we wanted to repeat it.
    The first race from a dig was effectively from a dig?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I saw that.
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    because they started the cars going from a roll and from a dig at the same point - so everyone went from a dig to get more MPH.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idriveslo Click here to enlarge
    haha here's a slip higher than the rb's to quiet marine.
    There is no quieting someone who loves to read what they wrote tell cool story bro stories all day. Let him talk its funny to me. Dude doesn't have an N54 yet wants to be relevant in the platform since he hasn't been since he was an RB tester back in the 20's so he uses "my brother has a 335 he wants to make faster as an excuse for never leaving a forum he doesn't even have any ties too. I guess his brother lives off the grid and has no Internet, cell phone or way to do research so big bro has to online shop for him. LM is the biggest drama starter on this forum who literally has no reason to be here. Which tells you, he just likes drama. Reminds me of a lot of girls I know. When you get an N54 let us all know. Thanks cool story guy

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mj6234 Click here to enlarge
    Am I the only one who doesn't know about the GTX compressor wheel on the VTT stage 2s? I thought both the RBs and the VTTs were using the 15T for the compressor wheel?
    These are protos. I had 15T, 16T, 19T GTX wheels made to my specs for a few stage 2's and dan is testing the 16T's. I will most likely be sticking with the 15T's but in GTX form over the 16T's but as always I'm trying new things, pushing the platform. RB is happy to sell you the same turbos with no changes since he started and some people think they can't be improved upon. I will be announcing stage 2 batch 2 in the next week or 2. There will be some fun options to choose from. Thanks for the support guys. Have a good night.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I had the other silver e92 at the event (car with the drag radials) ive got videos to post up later. I had a good race with a 2012 Mustang 5.0 with a tune/intake/exhaust.. the outcome was not how he planned it
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWil335i Click here to enlarge
    There were two blue ones. One was the VTTS2 car, and the other was a FBO I think.
    Hey, what was your full setup again? Flying no matter what it was.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm FBO, and run the in-line tank LPFP upgrade and was on the BMS race flash. Was running on Map 7 these runs, like I normally do.

Mixed in MS109 with E85 at the track to make it easier on the fueling system, but I didn't change anything about the tune from my daily driver.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    These are protos. I had 15T, 16T, 19T GTX wheels made to my specs for a few stage 2's and dan is testing the 16T's. I will most likely be sticking with the 15T's but in GTX form over the 16T's but as always I'm trying new things, pushing the platform. RB is happy to sell you the same turbos with no changes since he started and some people think they can't be improved upon. I will be announcing stage 2 batch 2 in the next week or 2. There will be some fun options to choose from. Thanks for the support guys. Have a good night.
    That's hot. /paris

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

There seems to be some confusion when it comes to the tuning on these two cars. Let me reiterate what was done. @mithiral67 's RB car was tuned for E40 the best it can given 450wtq was outlined as a goal in terms of peak torque down low. As we all know that 450wtq isn't and can't be held to redline as otherwise the RB car would be making A LOT more peak power Click here to enlarge It put down ~480whp, dynos have been shown as well as datalogs. Now, this car has had some map revisions after the dyno that may have made it put down more power at the event. Jake will send me latest logs and I'll post them.

Vargas car was tuned for E50. Not for E70 or a combo with any type of race gas. @idriveslo asked about throwing in 3 gallons of 100 octane for the event and I said it can't hurt of course. We didn't tune the car for race gas. The reason even E70 made it in the picture is just his fuel scalar setting in the map. We had it set for E70 because on E50 fuel scalar settings his fuel trims were maxing at 4500rpm due to torque so we upped them from E50 to E70 and the short term trims normalized.

All the 6AT vs 6MT comments and comments on timing corrections. For those that aren't aware 6AT cars, on average, timing correct more post shift than 6MT cars which would put the Vargas car in a slight disadvantage from that point of view. From the point of view of boost (I have to see the latest logs from the last map RB car ran) the vargas car ran about 1.5psi more at 5000rpm than the RB car but then the two would come down very close to each other. Bench racing would say the Vargas car had an advantage, maybe but it would also timing correct more, etc etc. 6MT car would definitely be at a disadvantage launching and shifting compared to a 6AT car doing a 2nd gear launch. So many things here guys...

Take it as you will of course. Given what I've read on e90 its a bit of a gong show. From what I've seen the cars perform very similarly given the tuning is also very similar. Don't expect miracles and I'm glad both guys enjoyed their day out and managed to come back from 1/2 mile racing without any issues! This is what's of most importance to this event/race. Winning is important but if you break down at the event or the next day what's the point Click here to enlarge Both cars have more in them with more aggressive tuning. The question is how much more than this is sufficiently reliable given both are daily driven.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast