Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 69
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    73
    Rep Points
    222.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    M156 brethren - Be careful with Evosport! (shut down again)

    I know this isn't an M156-specific issue, and I'm sure many already know, but it would seem that the final nail in the coffin has been hammered in for Evosport.

    Just in case there are some members here who are not aware of what is going on with Evosport as of late, I just wanted to make sure all M156 guys are careful.

    Here's the MBWorld thread that has emerged lately:

    http://mbworld.org/forums/clk55-amg-clk63-amg-w208-w209/501045-evosport-not-sendig-my-items.html

    A bunch of guys are out of money. Another user (Havoc) has been completely shafted. After what he endured with VRP, I sympathize mostly with him.

    Apologies in advance if a similar thread has been posted recently (Sticky - feel free to delete if this thread is redundant).

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,781
    Rep Points
    31,555.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Definitely not redundant. Reading this now.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,781
    Rep Points
    31,555.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,781
    Rep Points
    31,555.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Same old same old.

    Locked out though? So perhaps they are done? I don't know but guess nothing improved with the new place:

    Click here to enlarge

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    73
    Rep Points
    222.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    It certainly doesn't look good. I really hope those who have paid for products are able to get reimbursed. Seems like there's at least a few who paid for rotors and brake products, and then there's Havoc (who we can only speculate how much he's lost).

    The upsetting thing about it is that they're obviously been having financial problems for quite some time, yet they have continued to take payments for orders from customers.
    Since they aren't delivering these products to those who have paid, it would appear that they are using customers payments to keep their heads above water.

    No matter what way you look at it, it's theft.

    That Havoc guy with the SL55 build appears to have paid Evosport up front in 2011:

    In Feb, 2012 he wrote: "I paid Evosport in full over a year ago for my build so this is not costing me another dime and won't need to put anymore money into it."

    http://mbworld.org/forums/5059984-post217.html

    I'm going to guess that he dropped a lot of money on this build. To be told AFTER Evosport has been locked out of the premises that not only is the build not going to go ahead, but several key components have been STOLEN from the Evosport premises is an absolute disgrace.

    I'll tell you this - Havoc, jrcart, and anyone else who has been deceived by Evosport according to how it has been portrayed on the forums - I really admire you all. Seriously.
    If this had happened me, I'm fairly certain I would be 'organizing' a face-to-face meeting with Evosport to get something back (and then I'd be arrested and regret it).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    284
    Rep Points
    290.7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Another tuner going down. How do these tuners get themselves into trouble in the first place?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,781
    Rep Points
    31,555.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mainah Click here to enlarge
    and then there's Havoc (who we can only speculate how much he's lost).
    Why is this dude always getting taken advantage of? Isn't he the one who tried to get 1000 hp with remote mount turbos? Heh, everyone knew that was going to fall apart. It's like he just keeps making the same mistakes.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mainah Click here to enlarge
    I'm going to guess that he dropped a lot of money on this build. To be told AFTER Evosport has been locked out of the premises that not only is the build not going to go ahead, but several key components have been STOLEN from the Evosport premises is an absolute disgrace.
    Well once Brad was gone everything was supposed to turn around. Kind of sad how this all just kept sinking no matter how much cash was thrown at them. HPF is done, now Evosport, wow.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,781
    Rep Points
    31,555.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Adrenacide Click here to enlarge
    Another tuner going down. How do these tuners get themselves into trouble in the first place?
    It's one after the other. Man it's tough out there.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I know the guy on MBWorld Jim Brady rounded up a few investors and I think they threw something like $250k into the place for majority interest. Sad to see that it didn't work out, I'd like to know the details of exactly what went wrong. I bet the World Challenge CLK63 racing effort had something to do with it. Wouldn't be the first time a small tuner/shop tried to go racing and got burned. I was actually asked to participate in the investment group with Jim Brady...glad I didn't but also sad to see it didn't work out.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,781
    Rep Points
    31,555.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I'm sure the guys that didn't invest are feeling pretty good right now.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm sure the guys that didn't invest are feeling pretty good right now.
    I know I am.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,198
    Rep Points
    1,800.2
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Adrenacide Click here to enlarge
    Another tuner going down. How do these tuners get themselves into trouble in the first place?
    Revenue is down, bills are up & business costs are the same. Unless you're offering a significantly higher quality product (or service), this isn't exactly a small business "friendly" economy. As much as it sucks that a "good" tuner might go out of business, it sucks a lot more for customer's that get taken advantage of.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    284
    Rep Points
    290.7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Revenue is down, bills are up & business costs are the same. Unless you're offering a significantly higher quality product (or service), this isn't exactly a small business "friendly" economy. As much as it sucks that a "good" tuner might go out of business, it sucks a lot more for customer's that get taken advantage of.
    Agreed, taking advantage of customers when you know you can't produce the goods is horrible.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,198
    Rep Points
    1,800.2
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Adrenacide Click here to enlarge
    Agreed, taking advantage of customers when you know you can't produce the goods is horrible.
    Well look at Forged Performance, destroyed that guys GTR and charged him $250k in the process
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,781
    Rep Points
    31,555.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Well look at Forged Performance, destroyed that guys GTR and charged him $250k in the process
    Man that was a bad one.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,198
    Rep Points
    1,800.2
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Man that was a bad one.
    Apparently it's been resolved.... I just looked for that thread on GTRLife to link to it & the OP was updated. Still, $250k and the time he's lost his GTR would make me furious
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,781
    Rep Points
    31,555.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Apparently it's been resolved.... I just looked for that thread on GTRLife to link to it & the OP was updated. Still, $250k and the time he's lost his GTR would make me furious
    For $250k... I'm not sure what I'd do but I can tell you I would be quite loud.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Posts
    2,698
    Rep Points
    2,103.3
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @Sticky yes im sure its tough out there for companies like EVOSPORT and HPF because their owners cant stop F'ing around with their customers money and f'ing their customers over every chance they get. Once word, KARMA!

    Best of luck to those who got ripped off. File your claims.

    To these companies, I say good riddance.
    Click here to enlarge



    EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,781
    Rep Points
    31,555.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I'm not shedding any tears.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    284
    Rep Points
    290.7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Well look at Forged Performance, destroyed that guys GTR and charged him $250k in the process
    That's exactly the example I was thinking of when writing that. That has to be the best example of a tuning company taking advantage of it's customers.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,781
    Rep Points
    31,555.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Adrenacide Click here to enlarge
    That's exactly the example I was thinking of when writing that. That has to be the best example of a tuning company taking advantage of it's customers.
    I'm sure it happens more often than any of us know. That's just a damn good publicized example.

    I know my friend had his M3 get a V10 swap and thinking he was going to get turbos too by Evosport on his E92 M3. Haven't heard from him about it in a long time I should call.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    284
    Rep Points
    290.7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm sure it happens more often than any of us know. That's just a damn good publicized example.

    I know my friend had his M3 get a V10 swap and thinking he was going to get turbos too by Evosport on his E92 M3. Haven't heard from him about it in a long time I should call.
    You should, and tell us if he's had anything done.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,781
    Rep Points
    31,555.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Adrenacide Click here to enlarge
    You should, and tell us if he's had anything done.
    I'll try on this.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,116
    Rep Points
    962.7
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky yes im sure its tough out there for companies like EVOSPORT and HPF because their owners cant stop F'ing around with their customers money and f'ing their customers over every chance they get. Once word, KARMA!

    Best of luck to those who got ripped off. File your claims.


    To these companies, I say good riddance.
    Didn't you just recently order rotors from evosport after me and another tried to steer you away from them?? how did that work out did you get the rotors or did they burn you as well?

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,643
    Rep Points
    2,262.8
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    $#@! Brad
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •