Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

M156 brethren - Be careful with Evosport! (shut down again)

I know this isn't an M156-specific issue, and I'm sure many already know, but it would seem that the final nail in the coffin has been hammered in for Evosport.

Just in case there are some members here who are not aware of what is going on with Evosport as of late, I just wanted to make sure all M156 guys are careful.

Here's the MBWorld thread that has emerged lately:

http://mbworld.org/forums/clk55-amg-clk63-amg-w208-w209/501045-evosport-not-sendig-my-items.html

A bunch of guys are out of money. Another user (Havoc) has been completely shafted. After what he endured with VRP, I sympathize mostly with him.

Apologies in advance if a similar thread has been posted recently (Sticky - feel free to delete if this thread is redundant).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Definitely not redundant. Reading this now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Same old same old.

Locked out though? So perhaps they are done? I don't know but guess nothing improved with the new place:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

It certainly doesn't look good. I really hope those who have paid for products are able to get reimbursed. Seems like there's at least a few who paid for rotors and brake products, and then there's Havoc (who we can only speculate how much he's lost).

The upsetting thing about it is that they're obviously been having financial problems for quite some time, yet they have continued to take payments for orders from customers.
    Since they aren't delivering these products to those who have paid, it would appear that they are using customers payments to keep their heads above water.

No matter what way you look at it, it's theft.

That Havoc guy with the SL55 build appears to have paid Evosport up front in 2011:

In Feb, 2012 he wrote: "I paid Evosport in full over a year ago for my build so this is not costing me another dime and won't need to put anymore money into it."

http://mbworld.org/forums/5059984-post217.html

I'm going to guess that he dropped a lot of money on this build. To be told AFTER Evosport has been locked out of the premises that not only is the build not going to go ahead, but several key components have been STOLEN from the Evosport premises is an absolute disgrace.

I'll tell you this - Havoc, jrcart, and anyone else who has been deceived by Evosport according to how it has been portrayed on the forums - I really admire you all. Seriously.
    If this had happened me, I'm fairly certain I would be 'organizing' a face-to-face meeting with Evosport to get something back (and then I'd be arrested and regret it).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Another tuner going down. How do these tuners get themselves into trouble in the first place?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mainah Click here to enlarge
    and then there's Havoc (who we can only speculate how much he's lost).
    Why is this dude always getting taken advantage of? Isn't he the one who tried to get 1000 hp with remote mount turbos? Heh, everyone knew that was going to fall apart. It's like he just keeps making the same mistakes.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mainah Click here to enlarge
    I'm going to guess that he dropped a lot of money on this build. To be told AFTER Evosport has been locked out of the premises that not only is the build not going to go ahead, but several key components have been STOLEN from the Evosport premises is an absolute disgrace.
    Well once Brad was gone everything was supposed to turn around. Kind of sad how this all just kept sinking no matter how much cash was thrown at them. HPF is done, now Evosport, wow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Adrenacide Click here to enlarge
    Another tuner going down. How do these tuners get themselves into trouble in the first place?
    It's one after the other. Man it's tough out there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I know the guy on MBWorld Jim Brady rounded up a few investors and I think they threw something like $250k into the place for majority interest. Sad to see that it didn't work out, I'd like to know the details of exactly what went wrong. I bet the World Challenge CLK63 racing effort had something to do with it. Wouldn't be the first time a small tuner/shop tried to go racing and got burned. I was actually asked to participate in the investment group with Jim Brady...glad I didn't but also sad to see it didn't work out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I'm sure the guys that didn't invest are feeling pretty good right now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm sure the guys that didn't invest are feeling pretty good right now.
    I know I am.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Revenue is down, bills are up & business costs are the same. Unless you're offering a significantly higher quality product (or service), this isn't exactly a small business "friendly" economy. As much as it sucks that a "good" tuner might go out of business, it sucks a lot more for customer's that get taken advantage of.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Revenue is down, bills are up & business costs are the same. Unless you're offering a significantly higher quality product (or service), this isn't exactly a small business "friendly" economy. As much as it sucks that a "good" tuner might go out of business, it sucks a lot more for customer's that get taken advantage of.
    Agreed, taking advantage of customers when you know you can't produce the goods is horrible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Agreed, taking advantage of customers when you know you can't produce the goods is horrible.
    Well look at Forged Performance, destroyed that guys GTR and charged him $250k in the process

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Well look at Forged Performance, destroyed that guys GTR and charged him $250k in the process
    Man that was a bad one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Man that was a bad one.
    Apparently it's been resolved.... I just looked for that thread on GTRLife to link to it & the OP was updated. Still, $250k and the time he's lost his GTR would make me furious

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Apparently it's been resolved.... I just looked for that thread on GTRLife to link to it & the OP was updated. Still, $250k and the time he's lost his GTR would make me furious
    For $250k... I'm not sure what I'd do but I can tell you I would be quite loud.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @Sticky yes im sure its tough out there for companies like EVOSPORT and HPF because their owners cant stop F'ing around with their customers money and f'ing their customers over every chance they get. Once word, KARMA!

Best of luck to those who got ripped off. File your claims.

To these companies, I say good riddance.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I'm not shedding any tears.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That's exactly the example I was thinking of when writing that. That has to be the best example of a tuning company taking advantage of it's customers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

That's exactly the example I was thinking of when writing that. That has to be the best example of a tuning company taking advantage of it's customers.
    I'm sure it happens more often than any of us know. That's just a damn good publicized example.

I know my friend had his M3 get a V10 swap and thinking he was going to get turbos too by Evosport on his E92 M3. Haven't heard from him about it in a long time I should call.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm sure it happens more often than any of us know. That's just a damn good publicized example.

I know my friend had his M3 get a V10 swap and thinking he was going to get turbos too by Evosport on his E92 M3. Haven't heard from him about it in a long time I should call.
    You should, and tell us if he's had anything done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

You should, and tell us if he's had anything done.
    I'll try on this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky yes im sure its tough out there for companies like EVOSPORT and HPF because their owners cant stop F'ing around with their customers money and f'ing their customers over every chance they get. Once word, KARMA!

Best of luck to those who got ripped off. File your claims.

To these companies, I say good riddance.
    Didn't you just recently order rotors from evosport after me and another tried to steer you away from them?? how did that work out did you get the rotors or did they burn you as well?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    $#@! Brad
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast