Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    I'm sure the guy who sent TTM the funds up front is not an idiot, but his actions were idiotic in my opinion.

I remember JRCarts build with Evosport and it went in stages and I'm almost certain he did not pay for the entire build in any stage up front....
    You're correct - however, he still paid up front significant amounts of money, and at least the last stage of mods weren't done until the fit hit the shan. Not to mention the shenanigans with his insurance company.

....Not sure about HAvoc....
    Havoc has stated it on several occasions that he paid up front for his builds. And who could blame him given his job description?

....but when dealing with tuners I've never heard of someone paying 100% up front especially for labor that may/may not be performed, that's just retarded...sorry. I can understand paying for parts that are not in stock, but that's about it....
    But that is what he has done. He originally wanted a built 55 motor and several months ago changed his mind and wanted defined and available 63-based mods (a Weistec supercharger and headers). TTM will not respond to his attempts at collecting these mods. I find it hard to believe that a Weistec SC cannot be made available.

....Do I feel bad for the guy ? Sure. But I would never send someone I didn't know personally, especially someone in another friggin country, that much money. And I would have been super hesitant to do business with them if they asked for it like Bruce did. Hell, I had Weistec do almost $10k worth of work on my CLK BS and didn't pay them a cent until the work was completed. That's how business is done IMO....
    I completely agree with you - that's how is SHOULD be done. But, that's not how it appears to be in the tuning world with some companies. Some tuners (allegedly) want money up front to account for them turning away other customers while they set aside work time for someone's build. [Which as we all know is a total crock of crap - they always work on other cars at the same time]

....It assures the consumer gets what they pay and if an issue arises the business owner has to make it right or they don't get paid. If they've already been paid, they don't have much reason to fix the issues...especially if it's a sinking ship of a company....
    Again, I agree. But the problem with the whole scenario being played out on MBWorld right now is that nobody knew this was a 'sinking ship of a company'. Everybody was under the impression that Bruce was Christ incarnated. He was the man to get things done. He was the man that could be trusted.

Therein lies my main beef with the whole situation - forum users don't help at all when they don't post their bad experiences with individuals or problems with the product. And when they do, there is an automatic push to quieten them down. Vendors will state that they are just protecting their reputation, but it doesn't work like that. If you generate your reputation and income from forums like this, you better be able (and willing) to handle criticism.

In fact, there is a current vendor who refuses to publicly acknowledge any problem when somebody starts a thread. Instead, they contact the people privately and sort out their issues. However, those users never come back to report on what the issue was or whether they were made whole. That is sketchy business on several fronts (IMO).

....Either way, it's a $#@!ty situation but one that would have mitigated if the OP had been a little bit smarter with his money. I still can't believe that Bruce hasn't responded to that thread over there...
    Agree completely on both counts. The OP should have handled his money differently. But he didn't. And he didn't deserve to be robbed in the process.
    That Bruce hasn't responded to anyone and has deleted the messages from Facebook really portends a bad outcome for this situation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mainah Click here to enlarge
    Havoc has stated it on several occasions that he paid up front for his builds. And who could blame him given his job description?
    I might be able to. What is the job description?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mainah Click here to enlarge
    You're correct - however, he still paid up front significant amounts of money, and at least the last stage of mods weren't done until the fit hit the shan. Not to mention the shenanigans with his insurance company.

But that is what he has done. He originally wanted a built 55 motor and several months ago changed his mind and wanted defined and available 63-based mods (a Weistec supercharger and headers). TTM will not respond to his attempts at collecting these mods. I find it hard to believe that a Weistec SC cannot be made available.

I completely agree with you - that's how is SHOULD be done. But, that's not how it appears to be in the tuning world with some companies. Some tuners (allegedly) want money up front to account for them turning away other customers while they set aside work time for someone's build. [Which as we all know is a total crock of crap - they always work on other cars at the same time]

Again, I agree. But the problem with the whole scenario being played out on MBWorld right now is that nobody knew this was a 'sinking ship of a company'. Everybody was under the impression that Bruce was Christ incarnated. He was the man to get things done. He was the man that could be trusted.

Therein lies my main beef with the whole situation - forum users don't help at all when they don't post their bad experiences with individuals or problems with the product. And when they do, there is an automatic push to quieten them down. Vendors will state that they are just protecting their reputation, but it doesn't work like that. If you generate your reputation and income from forums like this, you better be able (and willing) to handle criticism.

In fact, there is a current vendor who refuses to publicly acknowledge any problem when somebody starts a thread. Instead, they contact the people privately and sort out their issues. However, those users never come back to report on what the issue was or whether they were made whole. That is sketchy business on several fronts (IMO).

Agree completely on both counts. The OP should have handled his money differently. But he didn't. And he didn't deserve to be robbed in the process.
    That Bruce hasn't responded to anyone and has deleted the messages from Facebook really portends a bad outcome for this situation.
    We are on the same page...but I really don't have much sympathy for the guy. Sure I hope he gets made whole. But if any tuner were to ask me for payment up front for anything other than parts not in stock I'd tell them to $#@! off.
    As far as Bruce not responding and deleting posts in his FB page, well, I'd say the outcome is already pretty certain.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I have learned you NEVER pay up front for a project. I did not pay 100% up front as if I did I would have no carrot to dangle.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

It's also worth mentioning the fact that this guy has threatened legal action. That being the case, it would make no sense for Bruce to post online and potentially open himself up to litigation. But as we see time and time again with this type of $#@!, there is always something the OP leave out. Sure this guy has documented his story very well and laid it out for everyone to see. But as we all know, there are three sides to every story. Perhaps Bruce is remaining quite because he'd rather let the lawyers deal with it. I don't know...but from what I've seen thus far, it looks like the OP is up a creek without a paddle.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

It's also worth mentioning the fact that this guy has threatened legal action. That being the case, it would make no sense for Bruce to post online and potentially open himself up to litigation. But as we see time and time again with this type of $#@!, there is always something the OP leave out. Sure this guy has documented his story very well and laid it out for everyone to see. But as we all know, there are three sides to every story. Perhaps Bruce is remaining quite because he'd rather let the lawyers deal with it. I don't know...but from what I've seen thus far, it looks like the OP is up a creek without a paddle.
    I don't know what side Bruce could possibly have that would explain this...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Seems to be the trend...not one vendor has lasted. Go with the big boys or play with risk

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I'm sure the guy who sent TTM the funds up front is not an idiot, but his actions were idiotic in my opinion. I remember JRCarts build with Evosport and it went in stages and I'm almost certain he did not pay for the entire build in any stage up front. Not sure about HAvoc but when dealing with tuners I've never heard of someone paying 100% up front especially for labor that may/may not be performed, that's just retarded...sorry. I can understand paying for parts that are not in stock, but that's about it.
    Do I feel bad for the guy ? Sure. But I would never send someone I didn't know personally, especially someone in another friggin country, that much money. And I would have been super hesitant to do business with them if they asked for it like Bruce did. Hell, I had Weistec do almost $10k worth of work on my CLK BS and didn't pay them a cent until the work was completed. That's how business is done IMO. It assures the consumer gets what they pay and if an issue arises the business owner has to make it right or they don't get paid. If they've already been paid, they don't have much reason to fix the issues...especially if it's a sinking ship of a company.

Either way, it's a $#@!ty situation but one that would have mitigated if the OP had been a little bit smarter with his money. I still can't believe that Bruce hasn't responded to that thread over there...
    I never initially paid evosport up front but I still got the shaft, but in the end they made it right. I gave them a deposit for a winter build, not even sure of the exact amount any longer. As they progressed through the build they would call me up and ask for some more money, they also asked for a small cash advance becuase they were moving to a larger shop. I would send them a check and throw it in the mail or wire them the funds. I thought the build was progressing but it was not until I flew out there and walked into their shop and basically saw nothing done except my heads pulled off that I realized I was scammed. I basically paid evosport for my Weistec blower but evosport never delivered or installed it...or even purchased the unit from Weistec. I had to call a tow truck and have my CLK towed from evosport to Weistec where Weistec finished the build. That is when the $#@! hit the fan and Sticky started that thread. As I mentioned evosport finally made things right and I got just about all the money I was owed by them. Obviously this is the Cliffs notes version but I really do not want to go there again. Evosport is done and I say good riddance. Remember, I was the first "investor" they approached three years ago, I was wise enough to not get sucked into that mess, a couple guys lost a lot of money in that "investment deal".

From that point forward I learned to not pay a tuner up front, I trust Wesitec but I do not even pay them for everything up front on my builds, we have a nice arrangement and everyone is happy, they know I am good for the money and I wire them funds as they need them, they have delivered on every promise.
    Last edited by JRCART; 07-16-2013 at 02:48 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

It is good advice to never pay for everything up front only for the materials necessary to do the job so there is incentive to finish it. Paying for 100% up front is a good way to get burned especially with someone there is no preexisting relationship with.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @JRCART welcome back, how was the holiday (j/k)!

I was one of those potential investors. When I spoke to JR (I believe we were in Vegas) he asked if I was nuts. He said I would have better luck at the craps tables....so that is where we went and about 5 hours later he was correct!
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    @JRCART welcome back, how was the holiday (j/k)!

I was one of those potential investors. When I spoke to JR (I believe we were in Vegas) he asked if I was nuts. He said I would have better luck at the craps tables....so that is where we went and about 5 hours later he was correct!
    Even if we had lost at the craps tables we would have at least gotten free drinks and room and meal comps, that's more than the guys that invested in evosport got out of their deal lol.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It is good advice to never pay for everything up front only for the materials necessary to do the job so there is incentive to finish it. Paying for 100% up front is a good way to get burned especially with someone there is no preexisting relationship with.
    I had a preexisting relationship with evosport, they did my initial build on my CLK two years before that and everything was perfect so people need to proceed with caution even when dealing with a tuner with a preexisting relationship.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So is EvoSport gone gone or not.

I can't comment on them due to my legal agreements with them 7 years ago. But lets say I filed BBB and BAR complaints and we settled out of court.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m3dragon Click here to enlarge
    I can't comment on them due to my legal agreements with them 7 years ago. But lets say I filed BBB and BAR complaints and we settled out of court.
    Oh damn...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m3dragon Click here to enlarge
    So is EvoSport gone gone or not.
    Well Simon and Brad are doing a pretty good job keeping the negatives off MBworld once again which I don't get why in Brad's case considering he is supposedly no longer involved.

I honestly don't know at this point but probably best to just stay away.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Oh damn...

Well Simon and Brad are doing a pretty good job keeping the negatives off MBworld once again which I don't get why in Brad's case considering he is supposedly no longer involved.

I honestly don't know at this point but probably best to just stay away.
    brad has nothing to do with evosport any longer. He was bought out by Simon and the other investors(his own decision) nearly two years ago. Last I heard he was working for Cosworth.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I heard the Cosworth thing too but he is still censoring favoring Evosport on MBworld. For whatever reason he just blocked links to GermanBoost. Whatever.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I heard the Cosworth thing too but he is still censoring favoring Evosport on MBworld. For whatever reason he just blocked links to GermanBoost. Whatever.
    He is still a mod on MBW ????

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Even Money Click here to enlarge
    I thought they came from girodisc, and wouldn't you rather have the two piece?
    Yes the original EVO1 rotors were made by girodisc take a look they the same and I know since ive had both on my cars. RB now makes the EVO2 which is also a good rotor but not as light as the girodisc. Id go for girodisc if performance/ rotational mass loss is your goal

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

He is still a mod on MBW ????
    Admin actually...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123