Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West Chicago, IL
    Posts
    60
    Rep Points
    310.2
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    AMS ALPHA 9 1/2 mile video! E63 Vs ZR1

    We recently had the pleasure of attending the WannaGoFast 1/2 mile event in Chicago. The turnout was great and we use the opportunity to do some more fine tuning and testing of our ALPHA 9 turbochargers. While the full package has not been completed we still wanted to test the turbos themselves. As you will see they are doing quite well considering outside of the tune they are the only modifications to this car Click here to enlarge

    The video below is one of an earlier run where we were running less then full boost and certainly not the 787whp level we dynoed. We attempted to run that full power level but the ECU was limiting us. Late in the day Sunday our tuners found the ECU limitation and have since fixed the problem.

    For more info please visit www.alphaperformance.com

    Enjoy the clip!


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,157
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    4 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    DAMN!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,009
    Rep Points
    5,697.7
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    57


    3 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    That's awsome, I heard that event was great. That ZR1 didn't have a chance. My buddy with the white cobalt SS was there, he hit 160 in the half. I had no clue it was a standing start!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,117
    Rep Points
    962.8
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    what was the weistic E63 hitting in the half mile for comparison ? wasn't weistec / JRcart supposed to run at this event since it was his home town and was going to run ecambell in a shootout of the 1000+hp clk's
    Last edited by ezec63; 06-11-2013 at 12:57 AM. Reason: spelling error

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,032
    Rep Points
    57.3
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nice Run. You totally trashed the ZR1
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013







  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West Chicago, IL
    Posts
    60
    Rep Points
    310.2
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    what was the weistic E63 hitting in the half mile for comparison ? wasn't weistec / JRcart supposed to run at this event since it was his home town and was going to run ecambell in a shootout of the 1000+hp clk's
    what they ran was a rolling start half mile vs what we did from a dig. can't compare the two Click here to enlarge

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    282
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    5 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ALPHA Performance Click here to enlarge
    what they ran was a rolling start half mile vs what we did from a dig. can't compare the two Click here to enlarge
    Are you implying that you can take the 1000hp CLK from Weistec?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West Chicago, IL
    Posts
    60
    Rep Points
    310.2
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    3 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    Are you implying that you can take the 1000hp CLK from Weistec?
    I'm not implying anything

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    Are you implying that you can take the 1000hp CLK from Weistec?
    I think what he said was pretty clear - why do you have to be so confrontational ?

    I drove the Weistec M157 E63 at the NFZ event and IIRC I was trapping high 160's (wasn't paying too much attention to the dash at those speeds). Considering the Alpha car from a dig achieved close to what I did from a 40mph roll, and the fact that the Weistec car had more mods (DP's)...that tells me the Alpha package is damn good. Considering their history of work with modding turbo cars, I'd say they are on the right track with the M157.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    282
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    I think what he said was pretty clear - why do you have to be so confrontational ?

    I drove the Weistec M157 E63 at the NFZ event and IIRC I was trapping high 160's (wasn't paying too much attention to the dash at those speeds). Considering the Alpha car from a dig achieved close to what I did from a 40mph roll, and the fact that the Weistec car had more mods (DP's)...that tells me the Alpha package is damn good. Considering their history of work with modding turbo cars, I'd say they are on the right track with the M157.
    Nobody asked for your inputs. Thank you!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    Nobody asked for your inputs. Thank you!
    It's a public forum, I don't need your permission to post. I provided a very good and firsthand comparison between the ALPHA and Weistec E63's - what have you done ? Don't bother answering that, it was a rhetorical question that we all know the answer to.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    282
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    It's a public forum, I don't need your permission to post. I provided a very good and firsthand comparison between the ALPHA and Weistec E63's - what have you done ? Don't bother answering that, it was a rhetorical question that we all know the answer to.
    Hahahahah. What have I done?
    I own an M157, a tuned and it's currently the quickest ML at the drag. I also have a very fast C63 bolted with headers and a custom tune.

    If you had any brains, you would know Weistec's CLK would Absoloutely destroy AMS's E63, make no mistake about it

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    Hahahahah. What have I done?
    I own an M157, a tuned and it's currently the quickest ML at the drag. I also have a very fast C63 bolted with headers and a custom tune.
    So you have an M157 ML - LOL, sorry but that's not what we are talking about here. We are talking about the M157 E63, specifically an M157 with upgraded turbos. You don't have upgraded turbos do you ? You haven't driven an E63 with upgraded turbos have you ? I have, hence my post being a direct comparison to the ALPHA upgraded turbo M157.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    If you had any brains, you would know Weistec's CLK would Absoloutely destroy AMS's E63, make no mistake about it
    Once again, we are not talking about the Weistec 1000whp CLK's. They were mentioned, but once again you are going off topic and derailing another thread. I don't think anyone can argue that the ALPHA E63 with ~750hp is going to hang with a 1000whp CLK....so I'm not sure why you keep bringing it up other than to be argumentative and combative. Welcome back, nice to see you've grown up and have so much to offer. Click here to enlarge

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    282
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    5 out of 10 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    This post by Portman is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.



  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    The Argument was between me and AMS between the CLK from Weistec and the E63 from AMS. go back and read my #7 post. you came out of nowhere, (like you always do) and started a whole new argument.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    Hey dummy, Ive driven an E63 and a CLS63 belonging to my brother. All are tuned and one of them ran a 10.8 @ Yas marina. You are complete Joke dude



    GET A LIFE



    Read your PM :-)
    I think this is part of your problem. You think everything is an "argument". And as far as me coming out of nowhere...let me try to explain this for you since you seem to be a bit mentally challenged. It's a PUBLIC FORUM. That is what people do here....they enter an thread/discussion and comment. Kind of like what you did when you asked AMS if they were implying something. So, basically you did exactly what you are accusing me of doing....coming out of nowhere Click here to enlarge.

    The only difference is that I came out of nowhere to discuss the topic of upgraded turbo M157's but you came out of nowhere and derailed yet another thread with your negativity and combativeness.

    If you go back and look at ezec63's post he asked about the Weistec upgraded turbo E63, WHICH I DROVE. So I therefore have firsthand knowledge of the topic being discussed. You however think because you own and have driven various TUNED M157's that it gives you some sort of knowledge of what is being discussed here but it doesn't. We are not talking about tuned M157's, we are talking about and comparing M157's with turbo upgrades...like the one I piloted from Weistec at the roll on event ALPHA referenced.

    What is even more hysterical is that you are referencing your experience with tuned M157's to substantiate your "argument" about a 1000whp CLK being faster than an E63 with ~750hp. Click here to enlarge No one in their right mind would ever argue that the heavier E63 with less hp is going to take a CLK with 1000whp. But then again, you are not in the right mind.

    GET A CLUE

    Click here to enlarge

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    282
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    I think this is part of your problem. You think everything is an "argument". And as far as me coming out of nowhere...let me try to explain this for you since you seem to be a bit mentally challenged. It's a PUBLIC FORUM. That is what people do here....they enter an thread/discussion and comment. Kind of like what you did when you asked AMS if they were implying something. So, basically you did exactly what you are accusing me of doing....coming out of nowhere Click here to enlarge.

    The only difference is that I came out of nowhere to discuss the topic of upgraded turbo M157's but you came out of nowhere and derailed yet another thread with your negativity and combativeness.

    If you go back and look at ezec63's post he asked about the Weistec upgraded turbo E63, WHICH I DROVE. So I therefore have firsthand knowledge of the topic being discussed. You however think because you own and have driven various TUNED M157's that it gives you some sort of knowledge of what is being discussed here but it doesn't. We are not talking about tuned M157's, we are talking about and comparing M157's with turbo upgrades...like the one I piloted from Weistec at the roll on event ALPHA referenced.

    What is even more hysterical is that you are referencing your experience with tuned M157's to substantiate your "argument" about a 1000whp CLK being faster than an E63 with ~750hp. Click here to enlarge No one in their right mind would ever argue that the heavier E63 with less hp is going to take a CLK with 1000whp. But then again, you are not in the right mind.

    GET A CLUE

    Click here to enlarge
    What an iditotClick here to enlarge

    Maybe its the beanieClick here to enlarge

    Mr. I drove Weistec's E63, as if its a big deal, you mentioned it over thirty times already. lol. What a loser. Are you sue your over 40?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Points
    794.0
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    5 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    What an iditotClick here to enlarge

    Maybe its the beanieClick here to enlarge

    Mr. I drove Weistec's E63, as if its a big deal, you mentioned it over thirty times already. lol. What a loser. Are you sue your over 40?
    AMS said they are not comparing to Jim or my CLK so I don't understand why you say they are. You ask Luke if he is over 40 yet you are the one who starts name calling...

    You need to relax my friend.
    Click here to enlarge

    I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    What an iditotClick here to enlarge
    You just can't participate without hurling insults, can you ?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    Maybe its the beanieClick here to enlarge
    And now you start with the anti-semitism ? Inappropriate does not even begin to describe it...

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    Mr. I drove Weistec's E63, as if its a big deal,you mentioned it over thirty times already. lol.
    Really ??? You did ?? When ? Where ?? And you are just mentioning it now ?? LOL!! Funny because I just spoke to Steve at Weistec and he has no clue who you are much less ever driven their test car. LOL. Keep the lies coming pal LOL.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    What a loser. Are you sue your over 40?
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone here knows who the childish loser is here. Once again your participation here is filled with nothing but lies, anti-semitism, misinformation and an overall $#@!ty demeanor. Enjoy your time back, it will be short lived I'm sure.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    AMS said they are not comparing to Jim or my CLK so I don't understand why you say they are. You ask Luke if he is over 40 yet you are the one who starts name calling...

    You need to relax my friend.
    +1
    Don't bother, Earl. I wouldn't be surprised if you start getting the same PM's from him that I've received threatening to kill me and calling me all kinds of disgusting anti-semitic things.

    Why @Sticky allows this creep to continue to participate here is beyond me Click here to enlarge

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Points
    794.0
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Luke, will email you shortly as it is time for a road trip. I will be bringing the car and trailer out to the boys and rather than dead head back, I might need to bring a boat out to marathon!!!
    Click here to enlarge

    I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    282
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge



    Really ??? You did ?? When ? Where ?? And you are just mentioning it now ?? LOL!! Funny because I just spoke to Steve at Weistec and he has no clue who you are much less ever driven their test car. LOL. Keep the lies coming pal LOL.
    u


    .
    ahahahahhaah. what an idiot. I was talking about you. How you keep braging about driving the E63 from Weistec.

    WOW, you had to call Weistec about me. ?????

    ahahahahah.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    282
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge

    You need to relax my friend.
    I'm not your friend!

    Stay out of this one "Friend"

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Points
    794.0
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    0 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    This post by ecampbell is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.


    Click here to enlarge

    I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    0 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    This post by LZH is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.



  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    ahahahahhaah. what an idiot. I was talking about you. How you keep braging about driving the E63 from Weistec.

    WOW, you had to call Weistec about me. ?????

    ahahahahah.
    Bragging ? Are you really an adult ?? I was simply stating that I have first hand knowledge of an M157 that has upgraded turbos - which is the topic here. Sorry if you can't grasp that and that you are speaking with "tune only" experience which does not apply here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •