Close

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: New video-DCT m3 takes down a FBO 335 with jb4, downpipes, FMIC and intake

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nobody said OEM pistons and rods...
    you know just as well as i do that 'stock block and head' mean the WHOLE thing (including contents/moving parts) is OEM.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1677 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    you know just as well as i do that 'stock block and head' mean the WHOLE thing (including contents/moving parts) is OEM.
    Um no because I can differentiate between a block, and pistons, and rods, and crank, and heads, and bearings, etc. That's also why they have shortblocks, longblocks, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Um no because I can differentiate between a block, and pistons, and rods, and crank, and heads, and bearings, etc. That's also why they have shortblocks, longblocks, etc.
    .... yes

when talking about 'do you have stock head and stock block'

that IS what people mean

if someone wants to JUST know about pistons/crank whatever.. then THAT is specifically asked about

it would be very rare for someone to ask 'stock block?' and actually mean if the block was custom made or from the factory... more often even if not internals, it'll be asking if it's AT LEAST sleeved/bored... in which case your answer is still yes? so your block isn't completely stock no matter if you're talking about actual internals, or the structure of the block itself

same for your head, i'm assuming it's had a port/valve job at least? in which case it's not exactly OEM, since it has less material.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    My lame is excuse is making more power than any other E9X and making so much of it the clutches slip at 7250 rpm. That's a lame excuse? Sorry I'm making too much power that's pretty damn lame.
    Until your car is up, running & actually beating other notable cars, you're just bench racing. And to date Terry has the fastest, most consistent N54 & Drew's VT3 is the fastest E9x M3.

You can keep bragging about setting the E9x power record & what the numbers on your dyno sheet, but until you put it on the tarmac it's not worth $#@!.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1677 Post(s)

.... yes

when talking about 'do you have stock head and stock block'

that IS what people mean

if someone wants to JUST know about pistons/crank whatever.. then THAT is specifically asked about

it would be very rare for someone to ask 'stock block?' and actually mean if the block was custom made or from the factory... more often even if not internals, it'll be asking if it's AT LEAST sleeved/bored... in which case your answer is still yes? so your block isn't completely stock no matter if you're talking about actual internals, or the structure of the block itself

same for your head, i'm assuming it's had a port/valve job at least? in which case it's not exactly OEM, since it has less material.
    I don't see how it would be rare to ask stock block and mean something entirely different than the question. It's not an aftermarket block, it's the block that came with the car. If someone wants details on if the INTERNALS are built then ask that question. I usually ask built motor or not, simple.

You ask if it's sleeved or bored? Good, then you'll get an answer to that question. As the answer to the question is it an OEM block is that yep, it's an OEM block manufactured by BMW last time I checked.

No porting and think I'm still on the stock valves too. Blessing of having an awesome NA motor as the basis.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1677 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Until your car is up, running & actually beating other notable cars, you're just bench racing. And to date Terry has the fastest, most consistent N54 & Drew's VT3 is the fastest E9x M3.

You can keep bragging about setting the E9x power record & what the numbers on your dyno sheet, but until you put it on the tarmac it's not worth $#@!.
    Bench racing is racing with text with little to no basis with real results achieved. My car has the numbers. Drews isn't the fastest he avoids the strip like the baby he is. Because nobody else is going to pay for his transmission, not even ESS no matter how hard he bends over for them.

I will keep bragging about having the most powerful E9X because I do and until someone else proves otherwise. It's a step forward pure and simple and the reality is I have the record. If that isn't worth $#@! to you I don't care but I'm not playing around with 4XX wheel hp here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bench racing is racing with text with little to no basis with real results achieved. My car has the numbers. Drews isn't the fastest he avoids the strip like the baby he is. Because nobody else is going to pay for his transmission, not even ESS no matter how hard he bends over for them.

I will keep bragging about having the most powerful E9X because I do and until someone else proves otherwise. It's a step forward pure and simple and the reality is I have the record. If that isn't worth $#@! to you I don't care but I'm not playing around with 4XX wheel hp here.
    Burn! *in Michael kelso voice*
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-rip
    fj cruiser- for sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

If that isn't worth $#@! to you I don't care but I'm not playing around with 4XX wheel hp here.
    BUT the best part about my 4xx WHP is that it actually works Click here to enlarge For the record, this is what clutch slip looks like:

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

NOT like the awkward downward section on your dyno graph @ 5k RPMs, which looks more like a tuning or hardware related problem. Using simple logic, here's how I'll support my claim: IF you were having clutch slip at 5,000 RPMs & 440 TQ, how is it possible that it was able "catch" & maintain grip for an additional 100 Ft Lbs (estimating "peak" TQ at just over 550 Ft Lbs from the dyno sheet)? The answer is it can't. If you look at the two graphs I posted, once the cars hit the TQ value the slipping starts at, the cars are incapable of successfully maintaing the curve & putting down the power, BUT your car somehow "caught" and successfully maintained the curve another 2.5k+ RPMs

Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1677 Post(s)

BUT the best part about my 4xx WHP is that it actually works
    Yes when you do something easy it's easy to make it work. Big fish or little fish? What do you prefer to be? You made your choice.

For the record, this is what clutch slip looks like:
    On those particular dynojets with that particular smoothing with that particular clutch setup sure. I guess I'm just building my trans again for fun eh?

NOT like the awkward downward section on your dyno graph @ 5k RPMs, which looks more like a tuning or hardware related problem. Using simple logic, here's how I'll support my claim: IF you were having clutch slip at 5,000 RPMs & 440 TQ, how is it possible that it was able "catch" & maintain grip for an additional 100 Ft Lbs (estimating "peak" TQ at just over 550 Ft Lbs from the dyno sheet)? The answer is it can't. If you look at the two graphs I posted, once the cars hit the TQ value the slipping starts at, the cars are incapable of successfully maintaing the curve & putting down the power, BUT your car somehow "caught" and successfully maintained the curve another 2.5k+ RPMs
    Why don't you pick up your phone and ask Gintani rather than engage in rampant negative rumors? If the line pressure was upped at certain rpm what do you think would happen?

Of course it can't be what I said, or Gintani stated, or anything of the sort. It has to be something else from the company that is also tuning turbos on the S65 V8 on the stock DME.

Go ahead and create a thread throwing this out there and we can have Gintani respond. I've got nothing to hide just start writing your apology now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I don't see how it would be rare to ask stock block and mean something entirely different than the question. It's not an aftermarket block, it's the block that came with the car. If someone wants details on if the INTERNALS are built then ask that question. I usually ask built motor or not, simple.

You ask if it's sleeved or bored? Good, then you'll get an answer to that question. As the answer to the question is it an OEM block is that yep, it's an OEM block manufactured by BMW last time I checked.

No porting and think I'm still on the stock valves too. Blessing of having an awesome NA motor as the basis.
    ok, if you want it that plainly... is it sleeved/bored?.. 'built'? (though i've surmised as much from other posts), what other internal modifications on have you done to get to where you are?

and what modifications have been done to said OEM head... completely stock? any reason not to port just to see if there's anything AT ALL to gain? or did you get it looked at and it really was THAT good?

stock springs/retainers/etc. etc. too?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

When I hear stock block and head, people are usually referring to the parts inside also. As I was saying earlier about the s2000, the 700whp has been made on stock piston, rods, bearings, etc. If you don't think that is built stronger out the factory than the s65 than you are nuts. Keep in mind its a 2.0L 4cyl. Never seen an s65 do that, but there has been a particular bmw motor that has. Here's a hint. Starts with an N and ends with a 4.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by justohigh Click here to enlarge
    When I hear stock block and head, people are usually referring to the parts inside also. As I was saying earlier about the s2000, the 700whp has been made on stock piston, rods, bearings, etc. If you don't think that is built stronger out the factory than the s65 than you are nuts. Keep in mind its a 2.0L 4cyl. Never seen an s65 do that, but there has been a particular bmw motor that has. Here's a hint. Starts with an N and ends with a 4.
    The s54 did it first
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-rip
    fj cruiser- for sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Here's another good hint - starts with an S and ends with a 54. Look how long it took - that's the thing; we haven't seen what it's even capable of yet... The N54 of course will have a head start, it's turbo from the factory. Trick the ECU into adding more boost - viola. This isn't so simple on an S54 or an S65.

The S65 is certainly superior, it is just a matter of time. You are looking at motors that have BSFCs rivaling a Prius - against a regular (albeit pretty good) motor with a turbo. A PSI on an N54 is not the same as a PSI on an S65 or an S54 - once the boost is in, it's not even a show anymore. I don't understand where this N54 superiority comes in - it's a good engine, but it's nothing crazy. I don't get it.

The S65 has made 700 HP - and it makes torque across a very wide power-band, something the N54 is INCAPABLE of doing - why isn't that seen as important? It took many years to get to the 700 HP range on the S2000 motor - it's not easy. I am heavily doubting that this was stock internals - and if it was, I have a feeling it wouldn't last. A friend of mine with a boosted S2K has half this power (~400ish at the wheels) and is concerned with his internals. Where are these 700 HP S2ks on stock internals? I am honestly curious - I just find it hard to believe he doesn't know this already.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    The s54 did it first
    lol - beat me to it. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    lol - beat me to it. Click here to enlarge
    Lol you beat me to the s2k responce. I had to look something up but I was about to go in on that one
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-rip
    fj cruiser- for sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Here's another good hint - starts with an S and ends with a 54. Look how long it took - that's the thing; we haven't seen what it's even capable of yet... The N54 of course will have a head start, it's turbo from the factory. Trick the ECU into adding more boost - viola. This isn't so simple on an S54 or an S65.

The S65 is certainly superior, it is just a matter of time. You are looking at motors that have BSFCs rivaling a Prius - against a regular (albeit pretty good) motor with a turbo. A PSI on an N54 is not the same as a PSI on an S65 or an S54 - once the boost is in, it's not even a show anymore. I don't understand where this N54 superiority comes in - it's a good engine, but it's nothing crazy. I don't get it.

The S65 has made 700 HP - and it makes torque across a very wide power-band, something the N54 is INCAPABLE of doing - why isn't that seen as important? It took many years to get to the 700 HP range on the S2000 motor - it's not easy. I am heavily doubting that this was stock internals - and if it was, I have a feeling it wouldn't last. A friend of mine with a boosted S2K has half this power (~400ish at the wheels) and is concerned with his internals. Where are these 700 HP S2ks on stock internals? I am honestly curious - I just find it hard to believe he doesn't know this already.
    http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/9386...e/page__st__50
    They had it at 600rwhp running and beating on it for a year b4 they took it to the next step. I believe there is another build out there pushing 800rwhp but has a build head with stock block.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I would honestly have an s2k already if it wasn't for it being a 2 seater. Your friend has nothing to worry about if his tune is good since people that are running 400hp on those motors say it is their mild tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/9386...e/page__st__50
    They had it at 600rwhp running and beating on it for a year b4 they took it to the next step. I believe there is another build out there pushing 800rwhp but has a build head with stock block.
    whats your point? This is bimmerboost not clubintegra, s2ki, or what ever else Honda forum. We know it's a great motor I was just using it as an example cause it was the first car to come to mind.
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-rip
    fj cruiser- for sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1677 Post(s)

ok, if you want it that plainly... is it sleeved/bored?.. 'built'? (though i've surmised as much from other posts), what other internal modifications on have you done to get to where you are?

and what modifications have been done to said OEM head... completely stock? any reason not to port just to see if there's anything AT ALL to gain? or did you get it looked at and it really was THAT good?

stock springs/retainers/etc. etc. too?
    Asked me if it's sleeved, simple as that. No big secret.

Of course the S65 heads are good. What is supporting the NA power as is?

I can't ported it but the heads aren't the limitation yet and I don't know if they ever will be for me. There isn't enough to gain right now to even bother with it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The guy above said he was interested in knowing so I linked it. This is also a "car" forum first and formost. If you think that way then you are really going to hate when sticky adds Americanboost for the guys here with American cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1677 Post(s)

You can't base it all on wheel horsepower on stock internals. It's not apples to apples. If that is all you are trying to do then go get a thicker head gasket fabbed up and go nuts seeing what you can do until it pops.

The S54 did 700 on stock internals before the N54 and with stock compression. So your hint sucked.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1677 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    The s54 did it first
    Bingo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I said a particular bmw motor. No where did I say first bmw motor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1677 Post(s)

The N54 of course will have a head start, it's turbo from the factory.
    And people act like this point is invalid.

It took many years to get to the 700 HP range on the S2000 motor - it's not easy.
    Exactly, tuning evolves. And it's not like hitting a peak figure on a dyno means you can do it daily and support that HP reliably.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1677 Post(s)

I said a particular bmw motor. No where did I say first bmw motor.
    Try to do it without bias toward a single motor when another already did a while ago what you were hinting at. And is making much more power too...

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast