Close

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,032
    Rep Points
    57.3
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    OE Tuning Handheld Tuner

    I have a relative with a completely stock 2010 C63. Car has about 8K miles on it. He wanted to completely transform it in terms of Exhust + tune. I ordered a set of Supersprint Headers+ Supersprint Xpipe , this was a catless system.

    I also bought a set of AFE Pro Drys S filter and fitted them in the Airbox
    Click here to enlarge

    The CEL was popping up ofcourse cause the car wasn't tuned yet and the O2 Sensors were reading "catalyst effeciensy below threshold".

    The owner of the car heard about the handheld tuner option and he preferred to get one, just to have it in hand when needed. Especially, if the dealer were to flash back his ECU to stock, he would have no problem flashing it back to his modified file in no time.

    I contacted Jeremy from OETuning in SoCal, @SALES@OETUNING. I got the handheld tuner within 5 days to Qatar since I first contacted him. The device is pretty straightforward. I read out the stock software and sent it via Email to Jeremy. I got the stock file saved Plus two modified files. One was a pump gas tune and the other was a race gas tune. I loaded the pump gas of 97Ron~92 octane tune. The car's response changed drastically. I tested the car out on my Android OBD2 device from 60-120, 80-100, and 60-80 on a certain road and tested again on the same road after we flashed the new software.

    Here are the best tappings before the tune:

    60-80: 2.8s
    80-100: 3.3
    60-120: 10.9

    Click here to enlarge

    And here are the impressive results after the tune at the same road in a hotter weather:

    60-80: 2.2
    80-100: 2.5
    60-120: 8.6, a 2.3 seconds improvement.

    Click here to enlarge

    I also raced a 2013 C63 BS belonging to a friend, we all know a C63 BS dynos in the 420-430whp range in stock form. I pulled away from it easily.

    Thank you OEtuningClick here to enlarge.






    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013







  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Posts
    2,704
    Rep Points
    2,103.5
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Very nice.
    Click here to enlarge



    EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    164
    Rep Points
    118.3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Impressive. car looks to be putting power nicely after the upgrades. Enjoy

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,904
    Rep Points
    31,882.8
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
    I have a relative with a completely stock 2010 C63. Car has about 8K miles on it. He wanted to completely transform it in terms of Exhust + tune. I ordered a set of Supersprint Headers+ Supersprint Xpipe , this was a catless system.

    I also bought a set of AFE Pro Drys S filter and fitted them in the Airbox
    Click here to enlarge

    The CEL was popping up ofcourse cause the car wasn't tuned yet and the O2 Sensors were reading "catalyst effeciensy below threshold".

    The owner of the car heard about the handheld tuner option and he preferred to get one, just to have it in hand when needed. Especially, if the dealer were to flash back his ECU to stock, he would have no problem flashing it back to his modified file in no time.

    I contacted Jeremy from OETuning in SoCal, @SALES@OETUNING . I got the handheld tuner within 5 days to Qatar since I first contacted him. The device is pretty straightforward. I read out the stock software and sent it via Email to Jeremy. I got the stock file saved Plus two modified files. One was a pump gas tune and the other was a race gas tune. I loaded the pump gas of 97Ron~92 octane tune. The car's response changed drastically. I tested the car out on my Android OBD2 device from 60-120, 80-100, and 60-80 on a certain road and tested again on the same road after we flashed the new software.

    Here are the best tappings before the tune:

    60-80: 2.8s
    80-100: 3.3
    60-120: 10.9

    Click here to enlarge

    And here are the impressive results after the tune at the same road in a hotter weather:

    60-80: 2.2
    80-100: 2.5
    60-120: 8.6, a 2.3 seconds improvement.

    Click here to enlarge

    I also raced a 2013 C63 BS belonging to a friend, we all know a C63 BS dynos in the 420-430whp range in stock form. I pulled away from it easily.

    Thank you OEtuningClick here to enlarge.
    This is a pretty darn good review!

    What did you use to time it?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,032
    Rep Points
    57.3
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This is a pretty darn good review!

    What did you use to time it?
    Hello @Sticky. This is what I use. its an App for Samsung called "Torque". You can download it in your Android or, as in my case, your tablet. It connects through the OBD2 via wirless bluteooth, Here it is:
    Click here to enlarge

    It is really good. It displays live data from your ECU. IAT's, commanded AFR's, Ignition timing, Air Temps, and many many more. You can also record performance start and end points like I did. This really helps seeing whether you gained anything after a certain mod.

    The best thing about it is that you can also log actual and live data, where you can download on Excel and sen it to your tuner from custom tuning.

    You should get it for your BMW man.
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013







  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    271
    Rep Points
    531.2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    +1 on the Torque app. Used this in my E55 to monitor IAT's and AFR's. To get the true AFR's though you have to install a wideband. But it is a great overall app.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,904
    Rep Points
    31,882.8
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
    You can also record performance start and end points like I did. This really helps seeing whether you gained anything after a certain mod.

    The best thing about it is that you can also log actual and live data, where you can download on Excel and sen it to your tuner from custom tuning.

    You should get it for your BMW man.
    Is it accurate though? Without GPS how does it take slope into account?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,032
    Rep Points
    57.3
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Is it accurate though? Without GPS how does it take slope into account?
    It does not take slop into account. It gives you your elapsed time from point A to point B or from certain speeds. It's usually on par with the Vbox when I tested them both at the same time.
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013







  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,904
    Rep Points
    31,882.8
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
    It does not take slop into account. It gives you your elapsed time from point A to point B or from certain speeds. It's usually on par with the Vbox when I tested them both at the same time.
    I see, thanks.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •