Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West Chicago, IL
    Posts
    60
    Rep Points
    310.2
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SEI Click here to enlarge
    2 things,

    1. Any update on flash tune 2014 now Click here to enlarge

    2. is it possible for me to buy a 2nd ecu and just swap that instead? no dealers around me really (indonesia) and shipping might take a while
    We have been successfully flashing the 2014 here with great results. Our shop 2014 is putting down 610whp on our dynojet.

    I dont think you can swap ECU's as the ECU is married to the car. Like most MFG's you cant have more than one ECU married to a car at once.

    Eric

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7
    Rep Points
    12.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ALPHA Performance Click here to enlarge
    We have been successfully flashing the 2014 here with great results. Our shop 2014 is putting down 610whp on our dynojet.
    do you have a kit that we can flash at home with? like a cable that you can vnc through to program or something? mine is a 2012 E

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    110,158
    Rep Points
    27,512.4
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    276


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SEI Click here to enlarge
    do you have a kit that we can flash at home with? like a cable that you can vnc through to program or something? mine is a 2012 E
    I don't think they have a way to flash at home.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1
    Rep Points
    2.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    So to be clear...is there still no alternative to drilling the ECU? Any on the horizon?

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    110,158
    Rep Points
    27,512.4
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    276


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rory breaker Click here to enlarge
    So to be clear...is there still no alternative to drilling the ECU? Any on the horizon?
    I don't know I've seen OBD-II flash claims but haven't seen them demonstrated.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    241
    Rep Points
    281.3
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't know I've seen OBD-II flash claims but haven't seen them demonstrated.
    It would sure be nice if one of the major tuners could figure this out.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    110,158
    Rep Points
    27,512.4
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    276


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sdg1871 Click here to enlarge
    It would sure be nice if one of the major tuners could figure this out.
    Once one does you can bet they all will. Mercedes isn't making it easy.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    241
    Rep Points
    281.3
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Once one does you can bet they all will. Mercedes isn't making it easy.
    It could be worse like the BMW encryption for the F10 M5 engine which no one in the US can seem to crack, necessitating piggyback tunes. I will gladly have my E63's ECU popped out for a reflash over a piggyback tune.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    110,158
    Rep Points
    27,512.4
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    276


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sdg1871 Click here to enlarge
    It could be worse like the BMW encryption for the F10 M5 engine which no one in the US can seem to crack, necessitating piggyback tunes. I will gladly have my E63's ECU popped out for a reflash over a piggyback tune.
    Exactly at least the M157 guys have options.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    241
    Rep Points
    281.3
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Exactly at least the M157 guys have options.
    Indeed. One of the significant reasons I chose the 2015 E63 S over the 2015 M5 CP -- dramatically greater tuneability and power gains (especially torque) from a tune. That and the huge traction/acceleration from a stop and at low speeds advantage of AWD over RWD. And of course, dramatically better intake and exhaust noise.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    110,158
    Rep Points
    27,512.4
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    276


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sdg1871 Click here to enlarge
    Indeed. One of the significant reasons I chose the 2015 E63 S over the 2015 M5 CP -- dramatically greater tuneability and power gains (especially torque) from a tune. That and the huge traction/acceleration from a stop and at low speeds advantage of AWD over RWD. And of course, dramatically better intake and exhaust noise.
    All logical reasons. And yes, the sound of the new M motors is a disappointment.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    241
    Rep Points
    281.3
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    All logical reasons. And yes, the sound of the new M motors is a disappointment.
    The M5 does have its advantages over the E63 S.

    1. Better high speed acceleration (but living in the NYC area and never really exceeding 100 mph in driving this does not matter to me).

    2. Better styling inside and out (subjective but that is my opinion).

    3. Much better selection of paint colors (Mercedes is laughably conservative in its paint choices for the E63 with a million shades of black and silver/grey but no really bold blue).

    4. Better electronics (huge screen vs. W212's little porthole of a screen and iDrives seems more user friendly to me than COMAND).

    5. Better sound system (the HK in the F10 (I have one) is much better than either the stock HK or the $5400 B&O in the E63).

    6. Better lease deals and maintenance included. AMG leases are usually a lot higher in price due to higher MFs and lower residuals and Mercedes does not include maintenance.

    7. Dinan mods with their warranty that matches BMW's bumper to bumper warranty and Dinan's smooth integration into BMW dealerships who can install even complicated Dinan mods. AMG tuners don't have that other than a partial one through Eurocharged's engine warranty.

    8. Much better ED program in terms of discounts. You can approach 15% off MSRP with ED for BMW. The best I was offered with ED for the E63 was 8 percent off MSRP. Also, most MB dealers I contacted were clueless about ED as compared to BMW dealers.

    9. More responsive, proactive dealer network. Most MB dealers I contacted in my search for an E63 were quite non responsive -- not knowledgeable and most did not return phone calls or even give me a quote after an initial long conversation. BMW dealers act like they want your business a lot more.

    These are all advantages that I see in the M5. But at the end of the day, the E63's greater tuneability and massive gains especially in torque, engine/exhaust noise and the winter traction and starting and low speed acceleration conferred by its AWD won me over.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    241
    Rep Points
    281.3
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sdg1871 Click here to enlarge
    The M5 does have its advantages over the E63 S.

    1. Better high speed acceleration (but living in the NYC area and never really exceeding 100 mph in driving this does not matter to me).

    2. Better styling inside and out (subjective but that is my opinion).

    3. Much better selection of paint colors (Mercedes is laughably conservative in its paint choices for the E63 with a million shades of black and silver/grey but no really bold blue).

    4. Better electronics (huge screen vs. W212's little porthole of a screen and iDrives seems more user friendly to me than COMAND).

    5. Better sound system (the HK in the F10 (I have one) is much better than either the stock HK or the $5400 B&O in the E63).

    6. Better lease deals and maintenance included. AMG leases are usually a lot higher in price due to higher MFs and lower residuals and Mercedes does not include maintenance.

    7. Dinan mods with their warranty that matches BMW's bumper to bumper warranty and Dinan's smooth integration into BMW dealerships who can install even complicated Dinan mods. AMG tuners don't have that other than a partial one through Eurocharged's engine warranty.

    8. Much better ED program in terms of discounts. You can approach 15% off MSRP with ED for BMW. The best I was offered with ED for the E63 was 8 percent off MSRP. Also, most MB dealers I contacted were clueless about ED as compared to BMW dealers.

    9. More responsive, proactive dealer network. Most MB dealers I contacted in my search for an E63 were quite non responsive -- not knowledgeable and most did not return phone calls or even give me a quote after an initial long conversation. BMW dealers act like they want your business a lot more.

    These are all advantages that I see in the M5. But at the end of the day, the E63's greater tuneability and massive gains especially in torque, engine/exhaust noise and the winter traction and starting and low speed acceleration conferred by its AWD won me over. My car when it gets the Renntech full tune and sport mufflers will have 716 bhp and 859 lbs-ft. I am very happy it has AWD as I would hate to see the traction control light come on all the time and cut power and my friends with modded M5s/M6s complain that it does.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7
    Rep Points
    6.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Any New breakthroughs?

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    110,158
    Rep Points
    27,512.4
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    276


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by adreN Click here to enlarge
    Any New breakthroughs?
    Nothing new.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2
    Rep Points
    6.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Actually, i know that the m157's 2014 and upwards ECU does not need to be drilled.
    I think it has more to do with the fact that it has screws and can easily be open and sealed back up rather that cracking the Bosch ME7.7.1

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    110,158
    Rep Points
    27,512.4
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    276


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sighting Click here to enlarge
    Actually, i know that the m157's 2014 and upwards ECU does not need to be drilled.
    I think it has more to do with the fact that it has screws and can easily be open and sealed back up rather that cracking the Bosch ME7.7.1
    So you mean it's easier to remove than to crack OBD-II flashing essentially?

    But is there a OBD-II solution for the newer cars?

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2
    Rep Points
    6.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I need to see a pick from the 2012-2014 ecu's to be sure but my 2015 ecu has screws at the bottom and don't looked to be crazy sealed. So I imagine they just screw it open . then place the pin cable on to kick into test mode or whatever its called where it allows them to upload the map changes.

    The ODB handheld is not available yet as they have not cracked the codes yet.
    I know Brabus has because i have seen them load it through the ODB, it figures as they work closely with AMG.

    I remember reading on a Dimmsport post about them being close, they make the myGenius loader that we use in our Bosh ecu's. So maybe they are close. You could always reach out and ask them

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    110,158
    Rep Points
    27,512.4
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    276


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sighting Click here to enlarge
    I know Brabus has because i have seen them load it through the ODB, it figures as they work closely with AMG.
    Exactly doesn't really apply to everyone else and Brabus won't leak it.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sighting Click here to enlarge
    I remember reading on a Dimmsport post about them being close, they make the myGenius loader that we use in our Bosh ecu's. So maybe they are close. You could always reach out and ask them
    Personally I'm not concerned as the ECU out method works just fine. It will come in time. The main thing is having a solution available for tuning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •