Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

You know, when you have the most badass e92 m3 in the world nobody believes you

So, ya, I get it my trans needs to be done blah blah blah but that's not this. Anyway, I'm talking to a guy outside a bar. Ya, game 7, there ya go. Anyway, he has an Mfest jacket on and I'm like so you have a BMW blah blah blah. He says he has an M3 with a dinan motor and VF-Engineering supercharger.

So, I call bull$#@! because that's stupid. Anyway, I ask about his car and so forth and I get the basic stuff that says nothing. So I say I have an M3 and it puts down a lot of power built motor built trans etc and he's like oh well Dinan motor strong for boost makes it better or something. And what can I say? Without being a dick that is? He looks at me like I'm from Mars when I say the Dinan motor increases stroke and is a primary benefit for naturally aspirated builds as they reduce the space between the cylinder walls by a mm and don't sleeve. Ya, crazy me saying crazy things.

So, wtf do you do? How do you tell a guy he has no idea what he's saying and doesn't even know what he has? How do you actually tell a guy hey I've got like the most powerful E92 M3 out there and you no longer have a Dinan tune with your VF kit buddy without looking like a nutcase? It's not possible.

So guy went home and I left it at that. He went with cute girl might I add. In a G35 so minus 1 hotness point for her. But that's my night. Can't talk about cars with people.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Jesus, what time is it there?

Just smile and bid this guy a pleasant evening. It's like trying to rationally argue with someone about religion. Some people believe what they believe and nothing will change their minds. If he doesn't wish to or is incapably of having a critical discussion just agree that you both like BMWs and leave it at that.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

It's not that. I did wish him a good evening. He probably had a better evening than I did. But I mean I have yet to talk to a person in real life about BMW's that isn't a retard on the topic. Other than the dude from Max PSI.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Sounds like someone that has money to spend & knows nothing about aftermarket tuning/engineering

But he landed the girl so oh well
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Sounds like someone that has money to spend & knows nothing about aftermarket tuning/engineering
    It was just a guy talking. Pretty much it. There have been a couple times though where I met a guy who somewhat knew what he was saying.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

There are all kinds of owners: enthusiasts that spend a lot of time on the forums, ordinary people that appreciate the brand without knowing much and more. It is completely normal for someone with money and little knowledge to want to prove himself; it's just how some people are. Sometimes you just have to accept it, ask yourself who has the more badass M3 of the two of you, smile, and don't worry about it! It's all good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Karura Click here to enlarge
    There are all kinds of owners: enthusiasts that spend a lot of time on the forums, ordinary people that appreciate the brand without knowing much and more. It is completely normal for someone with money and little knowledge to want to prove himself; it's just how some people are. Sometimes you just have to accept it, ask yourself who has the more badass M3 of the two of you, smile, and don't worry about it! It's all good.
    I just wanted an intelligent discussion about BMW's off a forum. You know we think this is how it is. It isn't, nobody knows $#@!. And also, most of them aren't on forums.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

To be honest, I think this is why BMW (more M gmbh) is able to get away with throwing a turbo on the next M3.

I think 99% of the people (talking about the general person in public) do not understand that a turbo is against the grain of the M series. Instead, BMW is realizing that people equate "turbo" with "fast" - and that's the end of that story.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I just wanted an intelligent discussion about BMW's off a forum. You know we think this is how it is. It isn't, nobody knows $#@!. And also, most of them aren't on forums.
    Nearly all the local BMW enthusiasts frequent the forums here. All the N54 owners here know their $#@!, its pretty awesome.
    Click here to enlarge
    471whp on E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ammonia Click here to enlarge
    Nearly all the local BMW enthusiasts frequent the forums here. All the N54 owners here know their $#@!, its pretty awesome.
    Well no in OC. Last few times I talked to guys with BMW's and said oh hey I have an M3 supercharged built motor it actually puts out more hp than anyone else right now they think I'm full of $#@! or making things up. LOL it's fun though!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

You kids need to be happy you have an m3, you know how many people their are in the world without m3's.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

There are even less people without Ferraris. I should get one of those in their memory.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

There are even less people without Ferraris. I should get one of those in their memory.
    I don't even own a Ferrari in any of the racing games I have. Mostly because theirs none in there haha.

Wonder why they won't put themselves in most games.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scorpion Click here to enlarge
    I don't even own a Ferrari in any of the racing games I have. Mostly because theirs none in there haha.

Wonder why they won't put themselves in most games.
    Aren't they in Forza and Gran Turismo?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Aren't they in Forza and Gran Turismo?
    Yeah that's true, guess I was thinking more along the arcade type games like need for speed and what. With its popularity I'm sure it wouldn't hurt.
    Click here to enlarge