2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Bring him back already
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

2 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Who cares, if you haven't noticed the overall maturity level is WAY up and the amount of drama / trash talk just for the sake of trash talking is WAY down. That is not a coincidence. If you were wanted to keep this place with this kind of vibe you would kick him out for good Sticky. Or make him restart with a new name and rep from scratch. Then he wont try to bully so hard.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Tony , with all due respect, the door swings both ways, maybe if both of you would cut down on the bickering, the maturity you seek would continue....
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Tony , with all due respect, the door swings both ways, maybe if both of you would cut down on the bickering, the maturity you seek would continue....
    You really must not be paying attention. Go back and just check the threads where things went haywire. I post about a product, or dyno, or anything. Next thing you know. LM is in there trash talking, derailing the thread, and causing drama. EVERYTIME, once he starts I tell him he is a douche bag. He doesn't stop, finally he took it too far and tried to the same with the guy who owns the forum and got banned for it. It should have happened long ago. The guy went from being a great asset to a full cancer on this forum. You can say what you will, since he has been gone, the vibe has been MUCH more friendly and most of the drama and bickering has stopped. Put two and two together, its pretty simple. The guy FEEDS off being able to put a forum into a $#@! storm and just loves the drama. Maybe he is bored in life, who knows. But it seems from the outside looking in, when he stopped being relevant (RB beta tester, Level 10 tranny upgrades, etc) he couldn't deal with not being front and center so he chose to disrupt things to keep himself in the middle of everything. That's what children do, mommy is not giving me attention. Let me throw my bottle on the floor so she has to pay attention to me. In my eyes, good riddance to that guy for good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your right, I don't follow every thread, especially since it's summer time and I'm not sitting in the house anymore on nights/weekends...so my forum visits are much less, however I guess what I was saying is two wrongs don't make a right. I know you have the ability to block him so that should be enough if you see fit. Plus, I'm sure after the break, everyone should have a second chance and return to normal.... I dunno maybe I'm wrong but we'll never find out if he isn't let back on.

@Sticky said he doesn't ban on this forum, that's why we have the rep system.....
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

After the way things went down, i would be shocked to hear he even comes back. I know i wouldn't.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Did I miss something here? LM got banned? I don't read every thread so can some bring me up to speed on what happened? If they don't mind.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sticky talked about it in the other "Bring Lost Marine back" thread or whatever it was called. Completely understandable decision.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    Sticky talked about it in the other "Bring Lost Marine back" thread or whatever it was called. Completely understandable decision.
    Thanks I will check it out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have weighed his absence against the quality of the forum posting and interaction during it. I don't know what to say other than the quality is up, bickering is down, and there is far more technical discussion going on. The forum has been better without him, what do you want me to do?

I made the timeout long enough for him and anyone else to cool down. That said, if the sole purpose of being here is negative disruption then what is the point? If someone is a contributing member and positive the community and no doubt I want that person here. It's more up to him than me but the forum has been more enjoyable than ever.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Who cares, if you haven't noticed the overall maturity level is WAY up and the amount of drama / trash talk just for the sake of trash talking is WAY down. That is not a coincidence. If you were wanted to keep this place with this kind of vibe you would kick him out for good Sticky. Or make him restart with a new name and rep from scratch. Then he wont try to bully so hard.
    I wouldn't ban him for good he helped me a lot and I really appreciate that which is why he got so much rep from me in the first place. I'm very disappointed in his behavior and actions behind the scenes and I don't need the headache. I would think it should be beneath him anyway. That said, stripping him of the rep I gave him may become necessary we'll see. It's definitely an option.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    It does but it does not always swing the same distance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    why not just bring him back and tell him to cut the $#@!? If not boot him for good?
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    why not just bring him back and tell him to cut the $#@!? If not boot him for good?
    Exactly.... Repped
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

7 out of 11 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Please act like a vendor ,you look like a little child who need the help from Sticky to dump LM because he does not like you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikecoupe Click here to enlarge
    Please act like a vendor ,you look like a little child who need the help from Sticky to dump LM because he does not like you
    Please respect our vendors, you look like you just want to stir up drama.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    I don't boot for good but essentially a similar scenario is set to take place after his timeout is up and he has had plenty of time to think about it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Please respect our vendors, you look like you just want to stir up drama.
    respecting a vendor who acts like a child ?no way Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikecoupe Click here to enlarge
    respecting a vendor who acts like a child ?no way Click here to enlarge
    I wasn't making a polite request.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    IMO, LM is a skeptical entity on this forum and sometimes that comes across as being a douche when in fact he is just insisting that new vendors prove themselves before everyone in the community buys into baseless claims. He was tough on Vargas at first, I do not doubt that but once he had a proven product he was ready to help someone (his friend or brother) build a stage 3 vargas car. To me that seemed like an olive branch showing he was ready to end the skeptical tone and move forward, again that's IMO. A few reasons to bring him back sooner than later:
    1. He is helping organize an event on the east coast that has been sorely missed. The roll on event at Atco. This should be getting the attention it deserves and nothing against Angie and Garth, because I know how freaking busy they are with the shop, it is not getting the marketing it deserves on this forum. One thing I am sure no one will debate is that LM draws a crowd, positive or negative he increases traffic to threads just by posting in them.

2 He has made an amazing addition to his car recently (got to see it first hand, very jealous) and I am sure the community would benefit from seeing the quality of this mod and see the progression first hand rather than having to go elsewhere to find the info.

3. We are all men here (mostly, sorry to the ladies of Bimmerboost this is not meant to be a knock against you) and we have large egos at times (some more than others) and sometimes things are said that are offensive or threatening even but at the end of the day this is the $#@!ing internet people. Have we gotten to the point where two men with differing opinions can't get into it online without interference from moderation. We are talking about feelings and empty threats over the internet here not dual pistols at 20 paces. Man up is all I am saying on this one. If you met Steve you would know he is a very good guy who loves cars and is passionate about this particular community.

4. As far as the level of tech talk ect improving while he has been gone. Nonsense. This place has been (sorry to say) boring and the tech talk that has gone on is generated by new product releases and pushing the limits, it is not as if every members automotive IQ went up once LM was removed... Come on people, get real here.

I sincerely hope BB returns to the forum atmosphere that we all grew to love, an open forum where posts are not deleted, members are not censored by moderators but rather the community and people can say what they want without the banhammer being smashed down.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    1. He is helping organize an event on the east coast that has been sorely missed. The roll on event at Atco. This should be getting the attention it deserves and nothing against Angie and Garth, because I know how freaking busy they are with the shop, it is not getting the marketing it deserves on this forum. One thing I am sure no one will debate is that LM draws a crowd, positive or negative he increases traffic to threads just by posting in them.
    That's his own fault and I'm not marketing for him after his behavior. I offered to, his own fault once again. It's a drag strip rental, big $#@!ing deal. I'm supposed to throw a parade?

2 He has made an amazing addition to his car recently (got to see it first hand, very jealous) and I am sure the community would benefit from seeing the quality of this mod and see the progression first hand rather than having to go elsewhere to find the info.
    Wow a blower, amazing.

3. We are all men here (mostly, sorry to the ladies of Bimmerboost this is not meant to be a knock against you) and we have large egos at times (some more than others) and sometimes things are said that are offensive or threatening even but at the end of the day this is the $#@!ing internet people. Have we gotten to the point where two men with differing opinions can't get into it online without interference from moderation. We are talking about feelings and empty threats over the internet here not dual pistols at 20 paces. Man up is all I am saying on this one. If you met Steve you would know he is a very good guy who loves cars and is passionate about this particular community.
    No, I'm sorry, you don't know the extent of what took place. I personally am content to never deal with this individual again. After seeing he can not be trusted, will defame you, and absolutely ludicrous personal threats that is not someone mentally stable who goes insane over being told to take some time off. You may feel a certain way but I know how I feel and well, I own the place and take what was done/said very seriously. I even had to block the nutjob on facebook and report him thankfully after that seems something clicked in his head about real ramifications. All he had to do was behave like an adult as I'm with you, it's the internet. He took it too far.

4. As far as the level of tech talk ect improving while he has been gone. Nonsense. This place has been (sorry to say) boring and the tech talk that has gone on is generated by new product releases and pushing the limits, it is not as if every members automotive IQ went up once LM was removed... Come on people, get real here.
    Considering I read this place daily from morning until night the forum has been much smoother, friendlier, and simply better. Flaming nonsense dragging threads down may be "interesting" to you but it lowers the quality of the forum. Posting quality is up, simply a fact.

I sincerely hope BB returns to the forum atmosphere that we all grew to love, an open forum where posts are not deleted, members are not censored by moderators but rather the community and people can say what they want without the banhammer being smashed down.
    Since when are posts deleted? Since when can't you speak? Since when are you censored? If my telling someone to please take time off for ludicrous threats of their own volition is a banhammer being smashed down I think someone has lost perspective. Yes, it's a forum, don't take a personally and then personally take it too far. He has himself to blame. This place is much more enjoyable without someone constantly trying to tear it down.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I am not going to go back and forth with you here sticky. In the end its a waste of both of our time. Were you really scared for your well being or life? By someone online 3,000+ miles away from you? I can't see how a grown man can actually be scared of someone on the internet. The only thing on the internet worth being scared of is our $#@!ing government.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am not going to go back and forth with you here sticky. In the end its a waste of both of our time. Were you really scared for your well being or life? By someone online 3,000+ miles away from you? I can't see how a grown man can actually be scared of someone on the internet. The only thing on the internet worth being scared of is our $#@!ing government.
    I'm not sitting on my porch with nightvision goggles and a pistol but the point of the matter is it shows serious instability and a desire to harm. Why does anyone need that and why condone it? I have better things to do than deal with someone throwing a huge hissy fit over being asked to calm down and take a break. The problem is obviously behavior based and that behavior needs to be augmented and corrected, not indulged.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Considering I read this place daily from morning until night the forum has been much smoother, friendlier, and simply better. Flaming nonsense dragging threads down may be "interesting" to you but it lowers the quality of the forum. Posting quality is up, simply a fact.
    Strongly disagree. Post & thread quality AND activity are both down since LM's ban has been in effect; the OpenFlash N54 tablet is probably the only "technical" based thread that's been posted since he left. This can clearly be proven by logging in, I can beat that 8 times out of 10 Sticky you're the last commenter in the latest bumped threads. Perfect example:
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky
    Wow a blower, amazing.
    Yea, a blower A) from one of the forum sponsors, B) who has clearly illustrated through their posts & products that they have the most knowledge tuning various M motors (N/A and supercharged), and C) have just recently teamed up with SuperSprint, so I think you owe Evolve & their products a lot more respect.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast