Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Hawthorne California police arrest man for filming them, shoot his dog in front of everyone

Video speaks for itself. Why it was necessary to put multiple rounds into this dog or arrest the owner in the first place I have no clue:

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Because cops are $#@!ing scumbag $#@!S, that's why.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Was it really necessary to handle it this way? Couldn't they have ordered the guy to get his dog back in the car?

It's like any opportunity to discharge a weapon they do it. Pepper spray, shot in the air, tazer, or just moving away were all options.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I hope this is investigated and this cop is fired. There is no excuse for the way this was handled. These guys perpetuate the stereotype that cops are a$$holes. From my experience, a lot of these guys were not popular in school and this is their way of getting respect. In my best Cartman voice, "you will respect my authoritah!" Douche bags!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by eric84405 Click here to enlarge
    I hope this is investigated and this cop is fired. There is no excuse for the way this was handled. These guys perpetuate the stereotype that cops are a$$holes. From my experience, a lot of these guys were not popular in school and this is their way of getting respect. In my best Cartman voice, "you will respect my authoritah!" Douche bags!
    Going on the hawthorne police facebook page the outrage for this is strong...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Reason why I keep as little interaction with cops as I need. Answer their questions and keep in plain and simple. It's sad that its come to this...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    bleh.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2100+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scorpion Click here to enlarge
    Reason why I keep as little interaction with cops as I need. Answer their questions and keep in plain and simple. It's sad that its come to this...
    I prefer to deal with them as little as possible.

My cousin's roomate is a cop. When I mentioned protect and serve he said, '$#@! that I'm not here to serve anyone.' He talks like he has been brainwashed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In all honesty it was the dog owners fault. He should have put the dog in the car and raised the windows so the dog couldn't get out.
    Check out the guys record....not his first run in with the cops there he's involved with a pending lawsuit for excessive force. But, I still don't think that was the way the cops should have handled it. I mean, did that Rottie pull a gun ?? No, so why didn't they just taze the dog ?? Makes no sense and seeing that dog kicking around dieing made me sick.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He wasn't expecting it to jump out. If he tried to touch the ignition to roll up the windows they probably would say he was attempting to flee the scene. I'd argue by putting the dog in the car he was aware of what was going on and attempting to diffuse the situation and the police escalated it.

I don't think you need to put several shots into the dog. The easiest thing to do would be to let the owner put the dog back in the car and roll up the windows. This was an option, instead they chose excessive force.

If they didn't overstep their boundaries in the first place...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    No, so why didn't they just taze the dog ?? Makes no sense and seeing that dog kicking around dieing made me sick.
    I watched the video with my dog on the bed. When I saw it kicking and just dying. I just died inside. It had no $#@!ing clue what happened to him, just squirming and kicking around. That poor thing, I'm just dead inside. I'm holding my dog right now just feeling sick. I don't even know why i just watched that.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    He wasn't expecting it to jump out. If he tried to touch the ignition to roll up the windows they probably would say he was attempting to flee the scene. I'd argue by putting the dog in the car he was aware of what was going on and attempting to diffuse the situation and the police escalated it.

I don't think you need to put several shots into the dog. The easiest thing to do would be to let the owner put the dog back in the car and roll up the windows. This was an option, instead they chose excessive force.

If they didn't overstep their boundaries in the first place...
    Dog owner could have leashed him to the stop sign.

Welcome to Hawthorne.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dog owner could have leashed him to the stop sign.

Welcome to Hawthorne.
    True he could have. But should he need to because cops will shoot it to death unless he does otherwise?

He could have also left it at home, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ture...guess the takeaway here is avoid engaging cops at all cost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ture...guess the takeaway here is avoid engaging cops at all cost.
    Definitely.

Look at how this one handled the same thing though, option to go for gun, taser instead. Dog still lives:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Because cops are $#@!ing scumbag $#@!S, that's why.
    +1. bullies with a badge....
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by sr20seb is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    That video makes me sick. I have 3 dogs and if a cop did that to any of them, there would be hell to pay. Deadly force against an innocent dog is just wrong. I bet the cop walks free with a slap on the wrist.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    It's the dog owners fault 100%. Why is he there taunting the cops? If he takes himself out of the situation and leaves nothing happens to him or his dog. Meanwhile he has to start talking crap to the officers who are on the scene which has absolutely nothing to do with him. He wasn't just filming them on his camera phone. He was also talking to them as well, and no he wasn't asking about the weather, he was being an $#@!:

"Why aren't there black cops here?"

He was put in handcuffs, once you put the individual in handcuffs that's it. You don't just release him again 10 seconds later so he can go get his dog. That's not how cops operate. If he was under arrest and was being told his miranda rights then those handcuffs are definitely not coming off. The officer tried to grab the leash to bring the dog under control and the already aggressive dog attacked him. At that point he's justified to use lethal force on the animal. He doesn't know the animal, he doesn't know the owner, he just knows he was attacked by an animal that can put down nearly 2 tons of pressure with his jaws.

You can sit here all you want and judge what's happening here on this video. You're not there, you're in your house, you're watching this on youtube, you can pause it rewind it do whatever else you can. The people involved in this video can't do that, this is happening to them in real life, in real time with split seconds to make decisions.
    Great post. But, wouldn't you agree that a tazer would have been more appropriate ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He was put in handcuffs, once you put the individual in handcuffs that's it. You don't just release him again 10 seconds later so he can go get his dog. That's not how cops operate.
    They they operate in a completely idiotic fashion. Let's assume you handcuff someone by a pool and the cops and the suspect slip and fall in. Leave the guy handcuffed so he drowns? I can come up with several situations where what you said just flies against common sense.

Is it worth discharging a weapon and killing a dog in front of people simply because handcuffs staying on are "how cops operate." Really?

It's the dog owners fault 100%. Why is he there taunting the cops? If he takes himself out of the situation and leaves nothing happens to him or his dog.
    It's 100% the cops fault. He was filming them as was his right and they used a made up catch-all to arrest him. They said ht was "interfering" with them. Really? What interference do you see? More like they were pissed off he was filming them so they abused their power as cops do all the $#@!ing time.

$#@! these cops and $#@! their excessive use of power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They they operate in a completely idiotic fashion. Let's assume you handcuff someone by a pool and the cops and the suspect slip and fall in. Leave the guy handcuffed so he drowns? I can come up with several situations where what you said just flies against common sense.

Is it worth discharging a weapon and killing a dog in front of people simply because handcuffs staying on are "how cops operate." Really?
    Was the dog attacking them? Or was he just taking a $#@! on the lawn? Are you serious with that?

It's 100% the cops fault. He was filming them as was his right and they used a made up catch-all to arrest him. They said ht was "interfering" with them. Really? What interference do you see? More like they were pissed off he was filming them so they abused their power as cops do all the $#@!ing time.

$#@! these cops and $#@! their excessive use of power.
    I see him taunting the cops, he's got no business there, the crime scene is closed and he's walking about asking for trouble. Guess what trouble found him, he's also mouthing off to them, look at my earlier post. Yeah that's called interfering. Again this scene has nothing to do with him, why does he feel the need to start $#@! with cops? Also look at how he's resisting them as they're trying to get him to sit down on the ground. He's a hostile individual, he's not going to get let go.

And then you go on and say how the operate is stupid. Tell me what experience do you have in the crime field, you a cop? Have you gone through any law enforcement training in your life? OH wait, wait, I know what you're going to bring into this, your big mouth which half the time spews out nonsensical crap.

Dog attacked the cops, both the owner and the animal were hostile. The officer didn't just shoot the dog as he first charged them although he could. He tried to grab the leash to get the dog under control and got attack. Dog is dead, end of story.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great post. But, wouldn't you agree that a tazer would have been more appropriate ?

Not all cops are allowed to carry tasers. I have no idea if the officer that shot him had one or not. Also the tasers that the cops carry are specific for bringing down people. Who knows what it would do to a dog, or how a dog would react. They think like animals not like people, if you cut the power to the taser the dog can be just as hostile as it was before.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Was the dog attacking them? Or was he just taking a $#@! on the lawn? Are you serious with that?
    The dog was being a freaking dog protecting its owner. So you need to put bullets in it? Shoot first? Awesome police work.

I see him taunting the cops, he's got no business there, the crime scene is closed and he's walking about asking for trouble. Guess what trouble found him, he's also mouthing off to them, look at my earlier post. Yeah that's called interfering. Again this scene has nothing to do with him, why does he feel the need to start $#@! with cops? Also look at how he's resisting them as they're trying to get him to sit down on the ground. He's a hostile individual, he's not going to get let go.
    I see him exercising his first amendment rights legally recording police officers. They escalate the situation, unnecessarily. They try to assert their power and basically say, "hey let's show this guy who's boss and take him in. How DARE he tape us?"

I saw no resistance he puts his hands behind his back immediately and had the foresight to take the dog out of the situation and put him in his car. It's hot in California, no wonder the windows were down as it would be sadistic to leave an animal in a car with the windows up in this heat right?

Have you gone through any law enforcement training in your life? OH wait, wait, I know what you're going to bring into this, your big mouth which half the time spews out nonsensical crap.
    You're right, I haven't learned how to shoot people's pets in public yet. How much training does that take?

Dog attacked the cops, both the owner and the animal were hostile. The officer didn't just shoot the dog as he first charged them although he could. He tried to grab the leash to get the dog under control and got attack. Dog is dead, end of story.
    Cops had no reason to arrest him they asserted their authority because they hate anyone challenging their power or recording them (why do cops always confiscate video or ask to not be recorded then? Well?) so they used a catch all crime to arrest him.

I guess officers have no non-lethal means of resolving the situation or protecting themselves eh? Always has to be that gun. Always has to be that trigger pulled as soon as they can. Let's spray this dog with bullets in broad daylight as families watch.

Punk with a badge, hope he loses his job.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not all cops are allowed to carry tasers.
    But they can carry a gun? WTF.

Who knows what it would do to a dog, or how a dog would react.
    I just posted a video of what would happen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The dog was being a freaking dog protecting its owner. So you need to put bullets in it? Shoot first? Awesome police work.
    Nice job on twisting the events at how they played out. You know when I read your 1st post you made it sound like the dog was running through a field of daisies and the big bad cops came down with machine guns and put a bunch of bullet holes in him. Then they all high-five each other for good job.

The officer tries to grab the leash to get the dog under control, the dog attacks him, officer then opens fire. Yeah that actually happens if you watch with your eyes open.

I see him exercising his first amendment rights legally recording police officers. They escalate the situation, unnecessarily. They try to assert their power and basically say, "hey let's show this guy who's boss and take him in. How DARE he tape us?"

I saw no resistance he puts his hands behind his back immediately and had the foresight to take the dog out of the situation and put him in his car. It's hot in California, no wonder the windows were down as it would be sadistic to leave an animal in a car with the windows up in this heat right?
    He's not just only taping them, the music is blaring out of his car, and he's also talking to them, irritating them, trying for something to happen. Again he says "Why aren't there black cops here." Again you twist the actual events that actually happened to just make it seem like you're right. If you think you're right and that these events actually don't transpire on that same video you posted then you're just a delusional person. Mental sickness.

You're right, I haven't learned how to shoot people's pets in public yet. How much training does that take?
    So we both agree here, you know jack $#@! about police work. Now put yourself in the cops shoes, you're the cop and the dog is attacking you. Or how about this, you have a gun on you and you have your child around (For the love of god do not procreate...but let's just pretend here as a believable scenario since you'll never be a cop.) And that dog acts the same way towards your child as he did to the cop. We already know the answer that you won't use your firearm to kill the dog and protect your kid. Explain to me what you will do in that scenario to keep your kid safe then.

Cops had no reason to arrest him they asserted their authority because they hate anyone challenging their power or recording them (why do cops always confiscate video or ask to not be recorded then? Well?) so they used a catch all crime to arrest him.

I guess officers have no non-lethal means of resolving the situation or protecting themselves eh? Always has to be that gun. Always has to be that trigger pulled as soon as they can. Let's spray this dog with bullets in broad daylight as families watch.

Punk with a badge, hope he loses his job.
    It wasn't about recording them again as you're twisting things, nothing mentioned out of the police department states that he was being arrested for recording the cops. Read the news tidbit, he was playing loud music in his car while they're responding to a burglary call. Makes sense to me not to play loud ass music and taunting cops, yes he was taunting them throughout that video. He didn't secure his dog properly, it wasn't necessary for him to be there doing what he was doing. The situation escalated and that's the end of it. The cop is clearly protecting himself as the animal is attacking him, again if you can't see that in the video, you're delusional.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast