Close

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yage202 Click here to enlarge
    Careful. People in the income inequality debate will attack the source of your data and not the substance of the argument being made.
    I made no argument, simply threw out some information that supported different views. Most people are very narrow minded when looking at sociological issues and do not consider contributing factors or 2nd/3rd-order effects.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nawlinstornado Click here to enlarge
    This I don't agree with. Unfortunately, the New Americans (aka European settlers) have quite the history of discrimination.

I would also say that no other persecuted group in America has received more compensation for those sins, either.
    In this country's short history it's a toss up between the native Americans and black people, I wasn't talking about what was done to people prior to their arrival to this country. If you're taking about the turn of the century European immigrants, they had a chance due the fact they weren't black; they weren't automatically disqualified from schools/jobs/success and to the color of their skin. Slavery, Jim Crow laws, being demonized by a country for the better part of a century unless you were good at sports..... Click here to enlarge

I'd love to know about the compensation you speak of. Affirmative Action? Outside of that, I can't seem to think of anything.
    Last edited by redux; 07-18-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have a question that i should know the answer to but I am not sure..

Has George Zimmerman ever been proven to be racist at all? In any way? Just read an article about TM father saying if he wasnt black he would be alive.

Where is the basis of this race argument stemming from. GZ is a minority himself, has he been proven to dislike blacks? The whole race things seems so fn stupid to me. No one can accept that TM may have simply looked suspicious, reacted in a violent or non peaceful way, and an altercation happened and ultimately shooting without assuming race drove the entire thing?

If he has been shown that he is racist i can somewhat understand that, but how is GZ automatically assumed to be a racist?

I didnt follow on TV but this thread got me interested and I looked a lot up and all the evidence shows that TM was beating up GZ why and what happened before no one will really know the truth, but do people really think that is GZ followed a white kid who than beat the $#@! out of him, that he wouldnt shoot him too? I highly doubt it would of ended any different.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    I have a question that i should know the answer to but I am not sure..

Has George Zimmerman ever been proven to be racist at all? In any way? Just read an article about TM father saying if he wasnt black he would be alive.

Where is the basis of this race argument stemming from. GZ is a minority himself, has he been proven to dislike blacks? The whole race things seems so fn stupid to me. No one can accept that TM may have simply looks suspicious, reacted in a violent or non peaceful way, and an altercation happened and ultimately shooting without assuming race drove the entire thing?

If he has been shown that he is racist i can somewhat understand that, but how is GZ automatically assumed to be a racist?
    If anyone has been proven a racist it would be TM and his repeated use of the word cracker(a racial slur) when speaking about GZ(Who isn't white lol).

If it was a black, white, hispanic, etc. the outcome would have been the same. A kid was bashing GZ head in to the pavement, his reaction was legal and would have happened regardless of race. Now would GZ had followed him and asked him questions if he was a white prep student? Probably not. The area had a history of recent crimes committed by black people.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    GZ isn't a racist.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The more i think about this the more ridiculous every celebrity, our president, new reporters look for being so god damn stupid.

The black people stating it was due to race are simply making them self look prejudiced. Sure speak of an unjust death, or gun control, etc...

But unless GZ has been proven a racist the assumption of him being one makes anyone stating that look very unintelligent.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by redux Click here to enlarge
    No other group was faced with the same amount of a poverty and persecution in this country as the blacks.
    Ya, Native Americans had it easy. Same with those fellas that built that railroad.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This I don't agree with. Unfortunately, the New Americans (aka European settlers) have quite the history of discrimination.

I would also say that no other persecuted group in America has received more compensation for those sins, either.
    Nice to see someone thinking.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No other group was faced with the same amount of a poverty and persecution in this country as the blacks. Bigotry was essentially a state sponsored institution until the mid 60's, wide spread access to an equal-ish education didn't start until the 1980, and real opportunities for equal employment for decent jobs didn't start until the early 1990's. So you're basically looking at 20 years of black people having an equal chance to succeed;
    So, take the change in your pocket and go back to Africa if you think it will be better there and stop your whining. But, if you are going to stay in America, become proud AMERICANS (assimilation), WORK hard without expecting anything to be handed to you, and STFU.

How many immigrants come to American with nothing but the change in their pockets because they feel it will be better here and make something of themselves and overcome persecution and poverty?
    And do so, Without all the affirmative action and public assistance, and without generations of time spent acclimating themselves to this county?

Maybe you need to start asking WHY you are looked at the way you are and DO something about it instead of whining all the time an demanding things ?????

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    . If you're taking about the turn of the century European immigrants, they had a chance due the fact they weren't black; they weren't automatically disqualified from schools/jobs/success and to the color of their skin.
    Again, you prove that blacks like yourself feel that they are the ONLY people that were ever persecuted in this country and you do NOTHING to educate yourselves about the past.
    Take some time to educate yourself.
    The chinese that were brought in mass numbers to the US to build the railroads were treated like slaves and persecuted in America
    The irish and italians were beaten and killed, many on the docks as soon as they got off the boat, and faced the same persecution.

You want to know what a TRUE AMERICAN is:
    I'll tell you about my grandmother's best friend.

She immigrated with her family from Japan when she was a child for financial opportunities.
    Her family were rounded up and placed in detention camps after Pearl Harbor.
    All her family's belongings were stolen from them.
    They left the camps with nothing after the war.

This woman is like family to me.
    When I learned of Hiroshima and about her experience when I was very young, I became very upset and I emotionally apologized to her.
    She responded by laughing and saying the Japanese would have dropped a atomic bombs on EVERY one of our cities if they had them and that I shouldn't be upset. She said the Japanese would have killed her family instead of detaining them like the US did. She said that all that she went through, and all of her struggles, made the life she has now in America possible and that she is proud to have earned her right to be an AMERICAN rather than just being born here. She has never referred to herself as "japanese american" the idea, and term, is insulting to her.

Now, THAT is an example of a TRUE AMERICAN.

Blacks need to figure this mentality out. Like EVERY other group has.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
    So, take the change in your pocket and go back to Africa if you think it will be better there and stop your whining. But, if you are going to stay in America, become proud AMERICANS (assimilation), WORK hard without expecting anything to be handed to you, and STFU.
    Did you ignore the rest of that post? That whole assimilation thing, it's happening.

Maybe you need to start asking WHY you are looked at the way you are and DO something about it instead of whining all the time an demanding things ?????
    Huh? When did I demand anything? Are we starting with the assumptions game again?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Again, you prove that blacks like yourself feel that they are the ONLY people that were ever persecuted in this country and you do NOTHING to educate yourselves about the past.
    Take some time to educate yourself.
    The chinese that were brought in mass numbers to the US to build the railroads were treated like slaves and persecuted in America
    The irish and italians were beaten and killed, many on the docks as soon as they got off the boat, and faced the same persecution.

You want to know what a TRUE AMERICAN is:
    I'll tell you about my grandmother's best friend.

She immigrated with her family from Japan when she was a child for financial opportunities.
    Her family were rounded up and placed in detention camps after Pearl Harbor.
    All her family's belongings were stolen from them.
    They left the camps with nothing after the war.

This woman is like family to me.
    When I learned of Hiroshima and about her experience when I was very young, I became very upset and I emotionally apologized to her.
    She responded by laughing and saying the Japanese would have dropped a atomic bombs on EVERY one of our cities if they had them and that I shouldn't be upset. She said the Japanese would have killed her family instead of detaining them like the US did. She said that all that she went through, and all of her struggles, made the life she has now in America possible and that she is proud to have earned her right to be an AMERICAN rather than just being born here. She has never referred to herself as "japanese american" the idea, and term, is insulting to her.

Now, THAT is an example of a TRUE AMERICAN.

Blacks need to figure this mentality out. Like EVERY other group has.
    My grandma left Osaka with my grandfather (black) and came to the US during WW2. Her father, my great grandfather who was the ambassador of japan at the time, disowned her and so did the rest of her family during that time and said if they found her ever again they would kill her. I can tell you from stories my grandma told me the Japanese are VERY cut throat and to the point....no empathy whatsoever. And she basically told me the same thing that had the japanese had the tech they would have destroyed EVERY major city in the US with a nuke just to prove a point.
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And my grandfather was in the navy, fought for our country and my grandmother loves this country so much. i have never heard the words japanese american uttered out of her mouth...you ask and she always says american
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Getting back to Trayvon:

How funny is it that Stand Your Ground and Race had NOTHING to do with the Zimmerman case, yet blacks are on on every TV Channel, Radio Station, Newspaper, etc spouting off about both.

Is it that they are just simply retarded or take absolutely no time to educate themselves on the facts ???

How the F does Shaprton get on a national stage and state completely incorrect information?
    I can't wait till that piece of $hit burns.

So, how many of these uneducated racists that continue to deny all the facts know that George Zimmerman's high school GIRLFRIEND and PROM DATE are BLACK ??????

http://hiphopwired.com/2013/06/17/ge...s-in-new-book/

Zimmerman's great grandfather - black.

Zimmerman's childhood - black kids living in the same home from the age of 6 - 12.

Zimmerman’s high school prom date - black.

Zimmerman’s business partner- black.

Zimmerman’s wife’s best friend - black.

Kids Zimmerman tutored after school for free even after the program was cancelled - black.

Neighbor Zimmerman invited to stay at his house as long as she needed after a home invasion - black.

Homeless man in Sanford killed by police who Zimmerman advocated for - black.

Fifty-one percent of the "gated community" where Zimmerman lived - black/brown
    Last edited by TT C6; 07-18-2013 at 01:47 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I am seeing more and more of that and its honestly disturbing at what people are running with... anything and everything is wrong with Fla Laws justice system and people, nothing was done right from the day of the shooting to the trial end, everyone in the court room was stupid , they are smart, the facts were in fact lies, and the jury was all racist and chose to like GZ go because he was white...

i dont get it...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    [QUOTE=redux;477411]
    I'd love to know about the compensation you speak of. Affirmative Action? Outside of that, I can't seem to think of anything.
    [/QUOTE]

1: Employment: affirmative action;
    2: Education - race-based grants and scholarships;
    3: Education - preference for college/university admission (until a 2003 SCOTUS decision);
    4: Education - preference for Law School admission (exempted from above-mentioned 2003 SCOTUS decision);
    5: Education - funds dedicated to Historically Black Colleges and Universities;
    6: Housing - access;
    7: Housing - purchase and rental financial assistance;
    8: Child-care support;
    9: Food assistance;
    10: Federal contracting - set-asides for Government contracts;
    11: Federal contracting - preference for award of Government contracts.

Those are just the topics I remember at the national/Federal level, and within each of them are several individually-authorized and funded programs. Trying to list them all would take forever. I also have no desire to dig into various state-level programs, but there are quite a few in each category.

Compare this to programs for disadvantaged Latinos, Chinese, or Native Americans and you will see there is a huge discrepancy. For those that have equivalent programs, the allocated funding is significantly smaller.

You won't find any such programs specifically set aside for citizens of white or European descent.

In his 2011 budget, President Obama included a document dubbed “Expanding Opportunities for African-American Families." Its stated goal was to "boost the economy and quality of life for the millions of disadvantaged people across the nation, including African-Americans." Notice, though, that only one group of disadvantaged people are in the name.

*** DISCLAIMER ***
    This post does not endorse or condemn any of the listed programs, but rather is an answer to a question posted by @redux .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think its time a spoke person comes out for George Zimmerman and lays some facts on the table to counter the nonsense being spread..

those things tt c6 just listed are hilarious to me... not one of them would be believed by these advocates though..

and why the media puts TM friend on the news is beyond me.. her intelligence level is dismal and her attitude is hideous... yet she makes prime time tv to spread more propaganda

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's the most pathetic part of racial discussions with blacks like Redux.
    They are completely UNEDUCATED ON THE FACTS, but will continue to argue with you based on incorrect information. Even black lawyers, politicians, and "spokesmen" like Shaprton and Jackson do the same.

I wonder why we even try to educate them, or take the time to even post in this thread.
    Last edited by TT C6; 07-18-2013 at 02:00 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yage202 Click here to enlarge
    She speaks three languages(primary is creole), not mentally deficit person I know about can do that. Hell, I can't do that!
    Although I disagree with the retard friend comment, I don't know that your comment holds much weight. What is the third language she speaks? Creole is a break-down blend of languages that is similar to pigin. It is not taught in schools and originates from people not knowing either of the parent languages well enough to complete sentences in a single language. It is not representative of higher education, mentality, or socioeconomic status. That being said, her PRIMARY language being creole implies the opposite of your point.

This whole thing is unfortunate since a young man has died. However, the judicial process has been followed and the man was not-guilty. That's it.

If you like this sort of thing follow the Christopher Deedy case- a white Fed Security officer in town for the APEC meeting in Hawaii, shoots a local hawaiian at a McDonalds with witnesses and flees. Both are under the influence. There's video from the McDonalds, too. Trial starting soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    [QUOTE=redux;477411]

1: Employment: affirmative action;
    2: Education - race-based grants and scholarships;
    3: Education - preference for college/university admission (until a 2003 SCOTUS decision);
    4: Education - preference for Law School admission (exempted from above-mentioned 2003 SCOTUS decision);
    5: Education - funds dedicated to Historically Black Colleges and Universities;
    6: Housing - access;
    7: Housing - purchase and rental financial assistance;
    8: Child-care support;
    9: Food assistance;
    10: Federal contracting - set-asides for Government contracts;
    11: Federal contracting - preference for award of Government contracts.

Those are just the topics I remember at the national/Federal level, and within each of them are several individually-authorized and funded programs. Trying to list them all would take forever. I also have no desire to dig into various state-level programs, but there are quite a few in each category.

Compare this to programs for disadvantaged Latinos, Chinese, or Native Americans and you will see there is a huge discrepancy. For those that have equivalent programs, the allocated funding is significantly smaller.

You won't find any such programs specifically set aside for citizens of white or European descent.

In his 2011 budget, President Obama included a document dubbed “Expanding Opportunities for African-American Families." Its stated goal was to "boost the economy and quality of life for the millions of disadvantaged people across the nation, including African-Americans." Notice, though, that only one group of disadvantaged people are in the name.

*** DISCLAIMER ***
    This post does not endorse or condemn any of the listed programs, but rather is an answer to a question posted by @redux .
    Barring item 4, those are programs geared toward minorites (ie open to all minorities, not just blacks).... $#@! Obama and this programs

That's the most pathetic part of racial discussions with blacks like Redux.
    That are completely UNEDUCATED ON THE FACTS, but will continue to argue with you based on incorrect information.

I wonder why we even try to educate them, or take the time to even post in this thread.
    Once again, who said I was black? I'm Brazilian. I just happened to spend a bit of my childhood bouncing between the ghetto and trailer park. I've been dirt poor and relatively wealthy, I've dealt with the issues you're so fond of bring up first hand.
    Last edited by redux; 07-18-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How do we know TM called GZ a cracker is there actual evidence or just word of mouth? (Srs question)
    I have heard and read from several sources that GZ used n!gger. If someone called me a n!gger I would him a cracker too and a few other choice words.

Also @ttc6 did you not see my post or chose not to respond about who the racist blacks are?
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-ripClick here to enlarge
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current
    http://theworstdrug.com/25

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yage-
    I am a proud AMERICAN. I put my country, and what's for best for my country, ahead of murderous black racists, terrorists and violent black racist thugs.

I'm not a terrorist, I don't sell drugs, I am not part of an ongoing criminal conspiracy.
    If our government's questionable" behavior prevents another 9/11, then we ALL should accept it and be willing to make some sacrifices.
    These retards want life,liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, but don't want to make the sacrifices necessary to insure them.
    Don't be naive to think horrible things like Hiroshima, Drone Attacks, and clandestine operations are not necessary for the greater good.

Dorner was randomly killing innocent people and he shot himself.
    I wish he WAS burned alive, but that's not the case.
    I am glad the cops burned him out, and you should be too.

I am glad the FBI shot the Boston Bombers' buddy.
    You should be angry about the innocent children who had their legs blown off, not these scumbags,
    you stupid f@ck.

I feel bad that a kid died, but I know Trayvon caused his own death and I know his parents were responsible for teaching him that violence is NOT an acceptable way to react to words.
    I am also willing to bet that as tragic as a kid's death is, the shooting of Trayvon prevented further violent criminal acts from this thug and because of that, ZImmerman did society a favor.
    I think you mistook the point of the video. The point was that this trial is being used as a major point of distraction from things that actually do make a difference in how we function as a country and society. Since you seem to be in support of a centralized authoritarian government, I can see why you took it as an attack on that position rather than as a criticism of the media itself.

Let's hope you never find yourself in an interrogation room with authorities who want information from you, or who wish that your information never reaches the light of day.
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think this is all just a distraction by our gov so we ignore the other important trial going on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    I think this is all just a distraction by our gov so we ignore the other important trial going on.
    Be careful NSA is watching you but yeah your right lol
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-ripClick here to enlarge
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current
    http://theworstdrug.com/25

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    How do we know TM called GZ a cracker is there actual evidence or just word of mouth? (Srs question)
    I have heard and read from several sources that GZ used n!gger. If someone called me a n!gger I would him a cracker too and a few other choice words.

Also @ttc6 did you not see my post or chose not to respond about who the racist blacks are?

I was probably just ignoring you.
    If you read this thread, or any media outlet, you will have all the info you need.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast