Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
    I really need to stop watching these videos...makes me want an FI M3
    as you should.. just do it right the first time Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    What would you expect a 600whp M3 to trap? 458's are around 129-131 or so i believe.
    He looks like he is more around 134 with 9 psi. I did 130 with 7.5 psi...
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
    I really need to stop watching these videos...makes me want an FI M3
    They're definitely fun and quicker than people think. I don't understand why it doesn't get the respect it should. Very powerful and a top end monster when done right.

I mean this is a stock internal M3 annihilating a 458 Italia. That isn't good enough?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Here is why FI M3s aren't that popular nor do they get the respect they should...

1) Most that buy an M3 think it is unholy to supercharge a great high revving NA motor.
    2) They still aren't torquey down low even when blown.
    3) Assuming everything was purchased new, you are at GTR price territory (a much better overall sports car).
    4) The non M version for the price is still the preferred FI platform in the E90. When people look at the cost it takes to SC an S65 and the fact that it is a motor that is built to be perfect in NA, they decide on a 335i which costs less.
    5) Hey sticky, wanna see a stock internal RB and meth 335i run away from an Italia... we have that and for much less $$$.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    1) Most that buy an M3 think it is unholy to supercharge a great high revving NA motor.
    Adding boost to a high revving efficient NA motor is one of the greatest things one can do. The Gallardo wasn't all that fast when it launched. A little boost and now they are revered.

2) They still aren't torquey down low even when blown.
    Exactly. You don't break things but are very fast.

3) Assuming everything was purchased new, you are at GTR price territory (a much better overall sports car)
    The GTR is a souless robot. And all wheel drive. And a Nissan. And no V8.

4) The non M version for the price is still the preferred FI platform in the E90. When people look at the cost it takes to SC an S65 and the fact that it is a motor that is built to be perfect in NA, they decide on a 335i which costs less.
    If people have money issues sure take the inferior less satisfying car with less potential that is cheaper.

5) Hey sticky, wanna see a stock internal RB and meth 335i run away from an Italia... we have that and for much less $$$.
    I'd rather spend more money and have a faster car. And this M3 will slaughter any RB 335 on the highway. And that's just on stock internals.

Maybe you need to see my car versus an RB N54? It be like this video just worse. And it wouldn't matter what N54 it was honestly. So I suppose there is your value perspective and then the perspective of maximum E9X performance where the M3 reigns supreme. Always has, always will.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Maybe you need to see my car versus an RB N54? It be like this video just worse. And it wouldn't matter what N54 it was honestly.
    Not to be a dick, but i would love to see your car race anything at this point in time Click here to enlarge All the buildup and still no real world results. LETS SEE IT STICKY
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Adding boost to a high revving efficient NA motor is one of the greatest things one can do. The Gallardo wasn't all that fast when it launched. A little boost and now they are revered.

If the motor is so great... why is it being SC'd? I still dont and will not understand this logic.

Exactly. You don't break things but are very fast.

Give me one track, performance event or whatever you wish where a stock M3 beats a stock GTR... Tuned is another league as well... U know what, find me a modern BMW that runs a 7.9@185... Everything else is badge whoring and the souless robot saying is a fantastic scapegoat.

If people have money issues sure take the inferior less satisfying car with less potential that is cheaper.

Well we have a 738 WHP stock internal 6 cylinder 3.0L motor in a non M chassis.
    We have a 775 WHP 4.0L V8 that was made FI after the fact and came in an M car. I guess its all about perspective. Price wise, it still wins.

I'd rather spend more money and have a faster car. And this M3 will slaughter any RB 335 on the highway. And that's just on stock internals.

Maybe you need to see my car versus an RB N54? It be like this video just worse. And it wouldn't matter what N54 it was honestly. So I suppose there is your value perspective and then the perspective of maximum E9X performance where the M3 reigns supreme. Always has, always will.
    Your car... why yes, yes I would! Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Not to be a dick, but i would love to see your car race anything at this point in time Click here to enlarge All the buildup and still no real world results. LETS SEE IT STICKY
    I'm sure you would and so would I but all you have to do is look at the dyno chart posted to realize it's no contest. Hell it's not even worth the gas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

If the motor is so great... why is it being SC'd? I still dont and will not understand this logic.
    Um if the Gallardo motor is great why turbo it? If the 458 motor is great why turbo it? If the Z06 motor is so great why turbo/supercharge it?

Seriously?

Give me one track, performance event or whatever you wish where a stock M3 beats a stock GTR... Tuned is another league as well... U know what, find me a modern BMW that runs a 7.9@185... Everything else is badge whoring and the souless robot saying is a fantastic scapegoat.
    Why are we comparing it to the GTR now? What next, UGR Gallardo's? I thought we were talking about BMW's like the M3 in this video destroying the Italia? I've never seen an N54 walk one that hard.

Well we have a 738 WHP stock internal 6 cylinder 3.0L motor in a non M chassis.
    We have a 775 WHP 4.0L V8 that was made FI after the fact and came in an M car. I guess its all about perspective. Price wise, it still wins.
    I'm making way more than 773 whp man. It's no contest. Who cares about $ per HP? Why even mod a BMW then? Go ahead and talk about value if you want I guess I have a built motor supercharged M3 and don't care.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Um if the Gallardo motor is great why turbo it? If the 458 motor is great why turbo it? If the Z06 motor is so great why turbo/supercharge it?

Seriously?

Why are we comparing it to the GTR now? What next, UGR Gallardo's? I thought we were talking about BMW's like the M3 in this video destroying the Italia? I've never seen an N54 walk one that hard.

I'm making way more than 773 whp man. It's no contest. Who cares about $ per HP? Why even mod a BMW then? Go ahead and talk about value if you want I guess I have a built motor supercharged M3 and don't care.
    Dude your head would explode if you ran an Alpha9 GTR... but forget that, we wont see your car against a Civic Si. haha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Dude your head would explode if you ran an Alpha9 GTR... but forget that, we wont see your car against a Civic Si. haha
    Don't you think if I wanted a GTR I'd have one? Or two?

Want to put money on it I'll take an Alpha 9?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Don't you think if I wanted a GTR I'd have one? Or two?

Want to put money on it I'll take an Alpha 9?
    No... but good luck taking a 950 WHP car...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

No... but good luck taking a 950 WHP car...
    Well then I better make sure I have enough power I guess. I have trouble with basic math obviously. Either I do or you do, one of us does.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

He looks like he is more around 134 with 9 psi. I did 130 with 7.5 psi...
    Before you make those claims, don't forget that @BlownE92M3 is running a smaller pulley to reach 9 psi to counter balance the loss of power from being at a super high elevation Colorado

WOW, let's keep things in perspective. If you invest a similar amount of money on ANY tuner car that AMS did on their GTR to run a 7.9, 185 1/4 mile, then it better perform at those levels. Also, let's not forget that the GTR is a "stomp on the gas & go" car that's producing over 1,500 HP in drag trim car to got that fast. BMWs aren't & never were 1/4 mile titans, they're more designed for the track & carving up turns so you won't easily find a sub-9 any BMW. Now that BMW has added a legit DCT trans in the E9x M3 and following M-cars (in addition to turbo motors), it'll likely have an appropriate "change" in identity.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Well then I better make sure I have enough power I guess. I have trouble with basic math obviously. Either I do or you do, one of us does.
    boy that's a strong claim... I look forward to seeing it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Before you make those claims, don't forget that @BlownE92M3 is running a smaller pulley to reach 9 psi to counter balance the loss of power from being at a super high elevation Colorado

WOW, let's keep things in perspective. If you invest a similar amount of money on ANY tuner car that AMS did on their GTR to run a 7.9, 185 1/4 mile, then it better perform at those levels. Also, let's not forget that the GTR is a "stomp on the gas & go" car that's producing over 1,500 HP in drag trim car to got that fast. BMWs aren't & never were 1/4 mile titans, they're more designed for the track & carving up turns so you won't easily find a sub-9 any BMW. Now that BMW has added a legit DCT trans in the E9x M3 and following M-cars (in addition to turbo motors), it'll likely have an appropriate "change" in identity.
    Sticky has an odd theory that amount of money invested for some reason doesn't matter as long as the car is fast (why?, I have no idea). Note, I didn't just say drag... corner carving will still be won by a GTR because that car defies the laws of physics and with a a 3900 LB curb weight at that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Sticky has an odd theory that amount of money invested for some reason doesn't matter as long as the car is fast (why?, I have no idea). Note, I didn't just say drag... corner carving will still be won by a GTR because that car defies the laws of physics and with a a 3900 LB curb weight at that.
    Money changes everything, and it sounds like we agree with that. But there is NO WAY that the 7 sec AMS GTR can carve up corners like an M3 with legit suspension mods. And that's because to get the GTR to his 7 seconds, everything was built (including the suspension geometry) in going a 1/4 mile as fast as possible, ie not worrying at all about corners.

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Money changes everything, and it sounds like we agree with that. But there is NO WAY that the 7 sec AMS GTR can carve up corners like an M3 with legit suspension mods. And that's because to get the GTR to his 7 seconds, everything was built (including the suspension geometry) in going a 1/4 mile as fast as possible, ie not worrying at all about corners.
    Stock for stock dude... Aftermarket always changes everything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Stock for stock dude... Aftermarket always changes everything.
    Stock for track, at the 1/4 mile or at a track the GTR > M3.

BUT they are certainly two very different driving experiences and (IMO) being able to rev a motor out to 8k is going to be a much more visceral, raw & enjoyable experience for the occasional weekend warrior.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

boy that's a strong claim... I look forward to seeing it.
    Not really.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Because I'm modifying a BMW not going for $ per HP or else why bother with a BMW ever?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

What would you expect a 600whp M3 to trap? 458's are around 129-131 or so i believe.
    A 458 isn't going to trap 130 here in Colorado though. I've been at Bandimere (5,800ft of elevation - just outside of Denver) and watched Vipers barely break in to the 13s (down 10+mph on trap). I would expect the same for a 458 - probably low 120s at our elevation.

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
    A 458 isn't going to trap 130 here in Colorado though. I've been at Bandimere (5,800ft of elevation - just outside of Denver) and watched Vipers barely break in to the 13s (down 10+mph on trap). I would expect the same for a 458 - probably low 120s at our elevation.

-Rich
    That's what i figured, the 129-131 i quoted was closer to sea level.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

That's what i figured, the 129-131 i quoted was closer to sea level.
    His 9 psi at sea level is going to be pretty damn stout...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

His 9 psi at sea level is going to be pretty damn stout...
    But he wouldn't be running 9 psi at sea level Click here to enlarge He's only running the 9 psi pulley to achieve the power the kit should​ be producing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast