Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 34 of 34
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    10977
    Posts
    92
    Rep Points
    133.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    This car should make some more power on E85 Click here to enlarge

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,829
    Rep Points
    31,808.7
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by UkuRiSh Click here to enlarge
    This car should make some more power on E85 Click here to enlarge
    But what can the fuel system handle?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    10977
    Posts
    92
    Rep Points
    133.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    But what can the fuel system handle?
    Fuel is not the problem , the real problem is if the engine can handle it some extra TQ on E85 . But still impressive result for stock RS 2.5 Engine .

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,829
    Rep Points
    31,808.7
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by UkuRiSh Click here to enlarge
    Fuel is not the problem , the real problem is if the engine can handle it some extra TQ on E85 . But still impressive result for stock RS 2.5 Engine .
    I disagree. It's the fuel system or we wouldn't already be seeing a pump upgrade at these levels.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    10977
    Posts
    92
    Rep Points
    133.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I disagree. It's the fuel system or we wouldn't already be seeing a pump upgrade at these levels.
    They did APR have a pump for 2.5 with the Stage 3 kit or you can send them stock one for modifications .

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    978
    Rep Points
    1,406.3
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I disagree. It's the fuel system or we wouldn't already be seeing a pump upgrade at these levels.
    I think that right now it's the engine. The fueling is there with APR's HPFP, however they're at the highest they want to go on stock internals.


    within 6 months there should hopefully be rod/piston upgrade available that should really push the car further. though it should be noted that APR has never massed released an e85 tune.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,829
    Rep Points
    31,808.7
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    I think that right now it's the engine. The fueling is there with APR's HPFP, however they're at the highest they want to go on stock internals.


    within 6 months there should hopefully be rod/piston upgrade available that should really push the car further. though it should be noted that APR has never massed released an e85 tune.
    We haven't seen the fueling on E85 or what the system can handle. How do we know the engine's limit is here? How do we know what the HPFP's limit is?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    978
    Rep Points
    1,406.3
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    We haven't seen the fueling on E85 or what the system can handle. How do we know the engine's limit is here? How do we know what the HPFP's limit is?
    Going off of what APR said.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Arin@APR Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, 104 was like 700 HP. Going to get updated runs with the production file.


    We'll need upgraded rods to make more torque most likely. We've hit 40 PSI a few times. Probably not going to last long if we keep doing that on the stock rods.
    But again APR doesn't tune for e85 or meth in production. So until someone else comes out with a BT kit or someone takes their APR kit to another tuner to be a guinea pig, you won't be seeing e85 numbers, maybe meth numbers though. MAYBE.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,829
    Rep Points
    31,808.7
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    Going off of what APR said.


    But again APR doesn't tune for e85 or meth in production. So until someone else comes out with a BT kit or someone takes their APR kit to another tuner to be a guinea pig, you won't be seeing e85 numbers, maybe meth numbers though. MAYBE.
    Rods definitely make sense but they still don't say anything about the fuel system limit. Maybe they'll need to upgrade both?

    Regardless, I'm sure there is more in it as it sits, more with rods, and then... who knows?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •