Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Eurocharged Tuned C63 gains 3mph and .3 in the quarter over previous competitions tune!

Hey Guys,

This past weekend we were able to get a c63 retuned on the dyno. It was previously running a competitions tune.

He just took it out and said the car is night and day! Check out the slip!

(right lane)

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Jake@Eurocharged.com; 10-30-2013 at 05:41 PM.
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

Sales@eurocharged.com

Over 7000 customers strong!

Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Impressive times. What other mods is the beast running?
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Impressive times. What other mods is the beast running?
    long tubes and tune
    Eurocharged Performance

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

That's impressive!
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

@Jake@Eurocharged.com

Jake, does he have the previous slip to show the difference? Would like to front page this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Is it possible to know more about the 2 runs, like DA, temp, tires, etc...

3mph seems like a massive gain for just a different tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by charliekay Click here to enlarge
    Is it possible to know more about the 2 runs, like DA, temp, tires, etc...

3mph seems like a massive gain for just a different tune.
    I don't doubt the gains I just want to have the previous slip to reference and put the runs in context.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't doubt the gains I just want to have the previous slip to reference and put the runs in context.
    I am not familiar with MHP or its tunes so I cannot comment on whether it is possible or not.

I am in Australia and I dynoed 2 different tunes (a local tuner and OE Tuning) back to back and there was 3whp between them, so to see 3mph and 3/10th sec just in a tune seems like a massive gain, hence why I would like to know more information.

No offence but I could run my OE Tune in the middle of summer on a 45c degree day (110F) then go back to the track in the middle of winter in 5c degree (40F) and get my 3/10th second faster with the same setup.

I would just like to see an apples to apples comparison.

Heck, if this is a legitimate I might be able to get Eurocharged a sale or 2 out of it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

I am not familiar with MHP or its tunes so I cannot comment on whether it is possible or not.
    Can of worms, let's put it that way.

I am in Australia and I dynoed 2 different tunes (a local tuner and OE Tuning) back to back and there was 3whp between them, so to see 3mph and 3/10th sec just in a tune seems like a massive gain, hence why I would like to know more information.

No offence but I could run my OE Tune in the middle of summer on a 45c degree day (110F) then go back to the track in the middle of winter in 5c degree (40F) and get my 3/10th second faster with the same setup.

I would just like to see an apples to apples comparison.

Heck, if this is a legitimate I might be able to get Eurocharged a sale or 2 out of it.
    Trust me I understand your point and of course conditions play a big part. The issue is with the previous tune that was on the car could be any number of things as the company has little credibility and is essentially just a middle-man reseller that has sold tunes from a variety of people. If you want reading material I can give it to you but it's old news.

Eurocharged's tune is legit. They do a variety of a platforms. Their tunes are a great value as well.

If @Jake@Eurocharged.com ever chimes in we can get more details Click here to enlarge

Additionally, regarding your point about two different tunes, two good tunes SHOULD end up in about the same place with minor variance on the same car. The limiting factor is ultimately the fuel and supporting mods as well as if the tune is customer or not for the application. The key though being that they are good tunes from reputable tuners.

Squeezing out the few extra horses safely is what separates the elite from the rest.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Can of worms, let's put it that way.

Trust me I understand your point and of course conditions play a big part. The issue is with the previous tune that was on the car could be any number of things as the company has little credibility and is essentially just a middle-man reseller that has sold tunes from a variety of people. If you want reading material I can give it to you but it's old news.

Eurocharged's tune is legit. They do a variety of a platforms. Their tunes are a great value as well.

If @Jake@Eurocharged.com ever chimes in we can get more details Click here to enlarge

Additionally, regarding your point about two different tunes, two good tunes SHOULD end up in about the same place with minor variance on the same car. The limiting factor is ultimately the fuel and supporting mods as well as if the tune is customer or not for the application. The key though being that they are good tunes from reputable tuners.

Squeezing out the few extra horses safely is what separates the elite from the rest.
    I've read all the long threads and arguements about MHP, so I know exactly what you mean.

Thanks for info.

Would still be interested to know what conditions the runs were done in.
    Last edited by charliekay; 09-25-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

sorry for the delay guys, we can try and get some other slips. We will be the first to say that it's a crazy difference and there HAS to be some weather related/tire-DA help there. (just not 4pmh worth lol)
    Eurocharged Performance

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    Eurocharged Performance

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Not Impressed

This post by c63beastdriver is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

09' C63 AMG MHP V3 Tune Only
    TopGunRun Miami Standing Mile-3/14/10 172.1 MPH
    TopGun video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxLQbxoYIzg
    Mile Rockingham, NC- 11.893 @ 118.93mph - 60' 1.795
    Highest Trap Speed 119.01mph
    1/4 Mile Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z3OjbIQr9A

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c63beastdriver Click here to enlarge
    Seriously doubt the tune had anything to do with the gains..

In fact claiming your tune is responsible for the increase is simply impossible to quantify. It could have very easily been the wind, the humidity, driver, gas or just about anything.

My MHP tune only ran 11.64 at 120.10 and you can has headers.

Most C63's with headers and tune should be in the 11.4 - 11.5.
    did you miss the before and after graph posted above?
    Eurocharged Performance

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
    did you miss the before and after graph posted above?

Dont worry about it man. This is just one of MHP's Pathetic Fanboys. In fact, This could be Andy himself.

Good Job on the gains bro.
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Nice numbers!
    Jake do you have a "507" tune available?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Magno507 Click here to enlarge
    Nice numbers!
    Jake do you have a "507" tune available?
    yup, not a problem $850 with handheld tuner (ie flash from stock to tuned yourself) on sale this month...
    Eurocharged Performance

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Eurocharged W204 C63 AMG before and after dynograph versus MHP tune - +31 wheel horsepower

It's fairly rare to get a before and after dyno of the same car with two different tunes on most platforms let alone the M156 AMG V8. Fortunately Eurocharged has the fortitude to stand behind their tunes and offered up this comparison between an MHP ECU tune and a Eurocharged tune on the same W204 C63 AMG. The result? The MHP baseline put down 434 wheel horsepower and 404 wheel pound-feet of torque compared to Eurocharged's 465 wheel horsepower and 432 wheel pound-feet of torque.

That is a difference of 31 horsepower and 28 pound-feet of torque at the wheels. What you see here is the difference between a canned one size fits all tuned that is resold and a tuner that is capable of taking an individual approach per car and its modifications.

Now whomever the tuner is for MHP this time (and there have been a few) likely could approach similar gains with a custom dyno tune but those are more expensive as they take more time. What MHP is doing is essentially acting as a middle-man reselling a canned tune. Why pay more for less? With Eurocharged on the M156/C63 AMG you can pay less for more. The proof is below.

The car also gained 3/10's in the 1/4 mile and 3 miles per hour of trap speed which those familiar with drag racing rules of thumb will see correlate with the dyno gains in the graph. The timeslip is also included below the graph.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    So much misinforation in this thread, that I have to say something....Oh boy, where do I start??First of all, was this particular car that had the "MHP" ECU tune, actually tuned for headers? Isnt it possible that the owner of the C63 had a base ECU tune with the stock exhuast and then added longtubes without re-tuning the ECU?Sorry, but gaining 30rwhp from custom tuning is not going to happen!. Your best gains might be between 15-20hp.Second, and i'm actually surprised as to why has nobody asked this question, but why did the MHP customer decide to switch tunes and go with EC?? what made him sacrifice his existing tune and be sure to gain that extra whp??Third, What the hell is with the A/F ratio? MY GOD, the previous tune stayed constant @ 15 then went down to 13While the EuroC tune is now constant @ 14 and drops just below 12. BOTH UNSAFE!...Now can someone explain to me how is it that the previous tune making less whp while the fuel was leaner?...I smell race gas tuning :-)Now I want to be clear that I have no love for MHP/Andy, but I can sense so much BS in this thread that I have to say something about it. We all know who does the tuning for MHP. They are Weistec. Weistec own all the tuning records through MHP and thier own supercharged M156's. That includes NA, Nitrous, and Superchargerd applications. Eurocharged you want to impress us? try beating those records or at least try to get close in the M156 game, because officialy you are way behind.I think it was clasless to start this thread trying to advertise your tune and knocking down another company/tuner. @Sticky, you should be careful what articles you post!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Fast Lane Click here to enlarge
    First of all, was this particular car that had the "MHP" ECU tune, actually tuned for headers? Isnt it possible that the owner of the C63 had a base ECU tune with the stock exhuast and then added longtubes without re-tuning the ECU?
    First of all learn how to use a spacebar and secondly it was mentioned this is a the danger of a one size fits all tune as Eurocharged is more capable in the respect of tuning for mods.

Regardless, MHP only resells others people's stuff and they are done as far as I'm concerned.

I'm well aware of who has tuned for MHP and we have no way of knowing what tuner had their hand with this tune as Andy has been passed around like a drunk sorority girl that everyone has already had their turn with.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

First of all learn how to use a spacebar and secondly it was mentioned this is a the danger of a one size fits all tune as Eurocharged is more capable in the respect of tuning for mods. Regardless, MHP only resells others people's stuff and they are done as far as I'm concerned. I'm well aware of who has tuned for MHP and we have no way of knowing what tuner had their hand with this tune as Andy has been passed around like a drunk sorority girl that everyone has already had their turn with.
    Let me be clear again...They WILL NOT gain 30rwhp on an already tuned car by simply custom tuning it on the dyno!and again I raise the question, how is it that the previous tune made less whp while runing leaner fuel?.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Let me be clear again...

They WILL NOT gain 30rwhp on an already tuned car by simply custom tuning it on the dyno!

and again I raise the question, how is it that the previous tune made less whp while runing leaner fuel?
    You're not a tuner and the gains are well within reason based on what I've seen from the platform AND backed up by a timeslip.

So while your on your knees defense of the world's biggest douchebag in Mercedes tuning is admirable I'd advise you to just appreciate that there are honest tuners out there capable of doing their own work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

You're not a tuner and the gains are well within reason based on what I've seen from the platform AND backed up by a timeslip.So while your on your knees defense of the world's biggest douchebag in Mercedes tuning is admirable I'd advise you to just appreciate that there are honest tuners out there capable of doing their own work.
    please don't turn this the other way around. I stated clearly I have no love for MHP/Andy. Just needing some technical answers. This thread was clearly started to bash another tuner/company.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

please don't turn this the other way around. I stated clearly I have no love for MHP/Andy. Just needing some technical answers. This thread was clearly started to bash another tuner/company
    This thread was started with a timeslip and then a dyno was posted, that's it. If someone wanted to bash MHP/Andy there is plenty out there that can used in this respect.

Regardless, we have a slip, we have a dyno, and we have a standup company not hiding behind "here's another tune by anonymous" but flat out naming it. If they had anything to hide they wouldn't do that so I commend them.

Great results for a great price. The Mercedes tuning is better with Eurocharged. It's better without MHP.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

You're not a tuner.
    i don't need to be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast