Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

JGMODS - Horrible Experience

(I originally posted this on e90post, but i wanted to share my experience here as well)

So I’d like to share my experience purchasing parts from JGMODS, specifically M3 Style Sideskirts. Just a brief background: After looking for over a year for a 2009 or 2010 e92 xdrive 6spd manual I finally found the car I wanted in... in Minnesota. Cliffnotes – purchased the car 7/9/2013, got the car shipped on 07/14, arrived 7/19, carrier got brake fluid or some kind of acidic fluid all over my paint requiring a full paint job, which was performed and Martino Auto Concepts in NY. After a bunch of back and forth with the shipping company’s insurance, full liability for the damage was finally assumed and work began. I decided to do some upgrades as long as things were being painted and decided to go for OEM mtech front and rear bumpers with M3 style sideskirts. I sourced the oem parts from MAC but the m3 style sideskirts I ordered from JG Mods. After all, why not at least make the best of it and upgrade the car in the process?

At this point it is Wednesday 07/31, I have been without the for about 2 weeks since it arrived. MAC informed me that the car was being prepped and paint work would begin on Tuesday August 6th. I verified that the m3 style side skirts were in stock and ready to ship and was informed that shipping would take approximately 3-4 days to arrive. I told MAC I had ordered m3 style sideskirts that might not get there until Wednesday and asked if that would be ok, and they agreed to push things back to Thursday August 8th. Should be no problem right? 07/31 to 08/08 is 6 business days – 8/1, 8/2, 8/5, 8/6, 8/7, 8/8. Plenty of time considering shipping would only be 3-4 days. (Anything that would not arrive at by Thursday would not be painted along with the rest of the car. My car had been there for 2 weeks at this point so it needed to progress for the sake of getting it out of the shop, as well as getting me my car back so i could actually, well, have a car to drive.
    Click here to enlarge

even better, they “Shipped” the same day! But just to be sure, since I was under a time constraint, I figured I’d follow up just to make sure they actually shipped and hadn’t simply just printed a shipping label or something.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

I check the tracking periodically over the next few days and notice that nothing has happened beyond the ‘initiated’ state. I contact JG Mods on August 5th to inquire about the status of my package, which is still in California as of Monday 8/5, but needs to be in NY by Thursday 8/8.
    Click here to enlarge
    I receive this rather interesting story in response.
    Click here to enlarge
    At this point the tracking receives its very first update since it was supposedly ‘shipped’.

I thought my request was reasonable, however as you know from my situation mentioned above, a 55 dollar refund does not really help my situation as I informed them of my time constraint. Click here to enlarge
    At this point the tracking information is updated for the very first time since it was ‘shipped’ on 07/31. It has now been 6 days (if you count the day it supposedly shipped) and the shipment has finally been tendered and received by fedex. I am pretty frustrated because now it is apparent that the side skirts will surely not arrive in time for painting and I would basically be receiving useless unpainted parts due to the delay that JGmods claimed was the fault of fedex. Painting had already been pushed back several days.
    Click here to enlarge
    After not receiving much besides a cool story from JG Mods, so I decide to do a bit of my own investigation. I contact fedex and they inform me that the package was personally dropped off at a fedex store on 8/5/2013 at 2pm PST. I also inquire as to the approximate shipping cost of this package, he informed me that it was approximately $23. I ask if the seller would be charged any fees if I refused delivery and he said yes, it would be approximately the same charge to return the shipment back to them. Fair enough, so I contacted JGmods and requested that, instead of issuing me a useless $55 refund for sideskirts that would miss out on being painted, I requested that they take the 55 dollar refund they were going to issue me, and put it towards the cost to return the shipment to them. I thought this was pretty fair. If the product only cost 23 dollars to ship, and factoring whatever packing materials etc, 55 dollars should surely cover return shipping. However, my request was not well recieved, and I was offered (or threatened with, depending on how you look at it) a full refund to which I politely agree. However, upon my accepting their offer, it is revoked and more excuses for how it is fedex’s fault are given. Interesting too, is the whole ‘It got lost at the hub story’ doesn't really make much sense, since it was supposedly scheduled to be 'picked up' in Dublin, CA according to the initial tracking posted above, but supposedly got lost at a fed ex hub 30 miles away that was also in Dublin, CA according to the other tracking info posted above from when it actually shipped. Dublin, CA is only 14.9 Square miles... So either the fedex man picked up the package, failed to scan it that he picked it up, threw it in his truck was consumed by some sort of wormhole that brought him 30 linear miles away within the same city that is only 14.9 square miles, or this story makes absolutely no sense.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Their offer is revoked and I am offered the same useless refund after being asked if we can reach some sort of agreement, despite the fact that I agreed to their previous offer of a full refund which they later revoked. At this point I contact fedex, inform them that I am refusing delivery of the product, and contact my credit card company to file a dispute. I was offered a full refund for a product that they waited 6 days to ship preventing it from arriving on time for paint work, then that offer was revoked after I agreed to it. I feel justified in my actions at this point.
    Click here to enlarge

Several weeks go by, I receive this in the mail from me credit card company JG Mods actually bothered to dispute my claim that they caused the delay of an item that it was not unreasonable to assume would arrive within a week. They sent my credit card company the same BS tracking info claiming they ‘sent’ the item on 7/31. I know what it looks like on tracking when an item is misplaced/lost by the carrier. If fedex actually picked up the sideskirts and then subsequently lost them, it would have shown up as ‘tendered/picked up by fedex’ on the tracking. All they did was print a shipping label then wait a week to ship it after the 2nd time I inquired about where my item was.
    Click here to enlarge

Because of their dispute of my claim, I had to write up this entire document to reopen send to my credit card company as well as cite the messages and tracking that I received from JGmods. Their little ‘lapse’ caused me a great deal of aggravation during what was already a frustrating situation. They offered to make good on the situation with a full refund, then revoked the offer. I’ve spent a bunch of time now going back and forth over this, ultimately having to write up pretty much this entire document. You can refund money, you can't refund time. so now they have my sideskirts, my money, and are claiming they did no wrong and have wasted even more of my time.

I’m not a spiteful person and normally I wouldn’t care enough to post some rant about some forum vendor, but after all the time I’ve wasted dealing with this and having to submit the overwhelmingly obvious evidence that this was clearly the fault of JGmods, pretty much all I had to do was copy and paste this into a post in order to share it with the rest of you. I'm sure many of you have had great experiences with them, but i didn't and the issue is still unresolved.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    that sucks, my m3 rep came ok
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Small claims tribunal ... file and you will win based on the documentation
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    damn I never had any issues with them. I know when I file a chargeback with my credit card company though, they don't screw around. They immediately refund my money then investigate. I've never lost a chargeback claim either.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Too long did not read.

But please don't start off your review telling us how you posted it somewhere else first. You could at least as a courtesy say another forum.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry to hear what happened for you. I for one had nothing but a great experience with JGmods. To make a long story short I emailed for about 1-2 weeks with tons of questions before ordering and always got a quick response. Then Jay worked out pricing with me and I ordered. After ordering I was sent two rear bumpers. Jay Quickly shipped out the correct Front bumper that I had and they would pick up the incorrect rear while they were delivering the first set. He said they had a new person in the warehouse who was still learning and must have messed up. They were also out of 335 diffusers which I was informed about the day I ordered the part. Jay allowed me to go to the dealer and get a oem diffuser ($100) and gladly refunded me the $100.

I believe the total time between my original receipt of the 2 rears to when I had all the proper parts was less than a week. Fitment was also spot on so all in all I am extremely pleased for what I paid. My time line looks like the following:
    2/11/13 Sent payment for products on
    Jay said it should to ship out on 2/13
    2/12/13 Was informed warehouse made a mistake and no more 335i diffusers. Offered to wait to ship as whole or ship out now then do diffuser later. I picked the latter
    2 rear bumpers received on 2/19 and that day front was shipped out to me along with orders to pick up one of the rears upon delivery
    2/26 received front bumper and sent back one of the rears
    2/28 decided to buy oem diffuser instead of waiting and had refund in paypal on 3/18. Jay said it took time for them to get a refund from the vendor who does the diffusers.

Again I had what I would call a good experience and hope you can get everything sorted out OP. Good luck!
    Click here to enlarge < Click picture for photoshoot
    E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
    Mods: JB4 + MHD, Doc Race ST, Pure 6266, AD-Eng PI/Mounts, Fuel-It st. 3, Custom Exhaust, Tuned by TwistedTuning
    More Pictures: Build Thread /// Dyno Soon to Come

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Too long did not read.

But please don't start off your review telling us how you posted it somewhere else first. You could at least as a courtesy say another forum.
    Sorry

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by psmith95 Click here to enlarge
    Sorry to hear what happened for you. I for one had nothing but a great experience with JGmods. To make a long story short I emailed for about 1-2 weeks with tons of questions before ordering and always got a quick response. Then Jay worked out pricing with me and I ordered. After ordering I was sent two rear bumpers. Jay Quickly shipped out the correct Front bumper that I had and they would pick up the incorrect rear while they were delivering the first set. He said they had a new person in the warehouse who was still learning and must have messed up. They were also out of 335 diffusers which I was informed about the day I ordered the part. Jay allowed me to go to the dealer and get a oem diffuser ($100) and gladly refunded me the $100.

I believe the total time between my original receipt of the 2 rears to when I had all the proper parts was less than a week. Fitment was also spot on so all in all I am extremely pleased for what I paid. My time line looks like the following:
    2/11/13 Sent payment for products on
    Jay said it should to ship out on 2/13
    2/12/13 Was informed warehouse made a mistake and no more 335i diffusers. Offered to wait to ship as whole or ship out now then do diffuser later. I picked the latter
    2 rear bumpers received on 2/19 and that day front was shipped out to me along with orders to pick up one of the rears upon delivery
    2/26 received front bumper and sent back one of the rears
    2/28 decided to buy oem diffuser instead of waiting and had refund in paypal on 3/18. Jay said it took time for them to get a refund from the vendor who does the diffusers.

Again I had what I would call a good experience and hope you can get everything sorted out OP. Good luck!
    yea. not really sure why he seemed to bend over backwards for you but treated me this way. I still don't see why he didn't just take my offer of using the 55 dollars to return the shipment to him. would have been a wash for him

Sale of sideskirts: 240
    Shipping cost for him: 55 dollars
    Refund shipping cost to me: 55 dollars
    Net $ difference between normal sale and refunded sale = 185-130=55 dollar 'loss' and i'm the one with the sideskirts

Sale of sideskirts: 240
    Shipping cost for him: 55
    Full refund: 240
    Net $ to him=185-240=55 dollar loss same as above, but he has the sideskirts.

So he was perfectly willing to 'lose' 55 dollars and have me wind up with useless sideskirts, but the idea of 'losing' 55 dollars and getting the sideskirts back was unacceptable. doesn't really make sense lol. Costs him 55 dollars no matter what and in the latter situation he can still resell the sideskirts.