Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 143
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No

    Kleemann's 770+ horsepower Mercedes-Benz C197 SLS AMG M159 V8 supercharger system released - Dyno, video

    The SLS AMG is already a very powerful car in stock form with its excellent naturally aspirated 6.2 liter M159 AMG built V8. Taking such a great motor and adding a little boost can only make it better right? How about to the tune of 770 horsepower from the stock 562-583 (depending on model year). Kleemann did provide a dyno substantiating their horsepower claims showing a peak of 770.4 horsepower a few hundred rpm before redline.

    As Kleemann is based in Denmark BenzBoost.com is not familiar with the dyno used or how this dyno would translate to numbers at the wheels on Dynojet to put the figures in context. There is obviously no doubt the Eaton TVS based system will add power and the pictured exhaust upgrades are stated as required by Kleemann to realize the full power.

    No USA pricing announced yet or if the specifications transfer over to 91 octane pump gas. Hopefully more details will come but until then enjoy the pictures, dynograph, and video below.

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    143
    Rep Points
    313.0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    i have Kleeman suoercharger in C63 BS and have been very happy with it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,070
    Rep Points
    0.5
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    @Sticky, notice they dont use longtube headers in conjuction with thier SC system. They ran into some problems. Maybe the same issues with Weistec.

    This car is surly making good power, but it is no match for an SLS equipped with a twin screw 3.0L from Weistec!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky, notice they dont use longtube headers in conjuction with thier SC system. They ran into some problems. Maybe the same issues with Weistec.

    This car is surly making good power, but it is no match for an SLS equipped with a twin screw 3.0L from Weistec!
    The 3.0 liter is simply much bigger than anything Kleemann offers so there is no doubt about that.

    The header issues are from 02 placement if I understand correctly.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    358
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    HOLY 5HIT. Did any of you guys notice that it went from 0-200 in less than 9 seconds.?? Take into account that it shifted both 1st and 2nd gears early. DAMN that was fast!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    It's a very fast car no doubt about it. Pulls smoothly too.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,444.9
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
    HOLY 5HIT. Did any of you guys notice that it went from 0-200 in less than 9 seconds.?? Take into account that it shifted both 1st and 2nd gears early. DAMN that was fast!
    That torque curve is PERFECTION


    Click here to enlarge
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    358
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Maverick1975 Click here to enlarge
    i have Kleeman suoercharger in C63 BS and have been very happy with it.
    @Maverick1975 , since you have equipped the Kleeman Kompressor and a couple of Weistec superchargers, I am pretty confident you tested them against eachother. I'm now having a strong feeling that the Kleeman Kompressor makes more power and is more reliable than the 2.3L that Weistec are offering. Can you please verify?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Points
    794.0
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    2 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
    @Maverick1975 , since you have equipped the Kleeman Kompressor and a couple of Weistec superchargers, I am pretty confident you tested them against eachother. I'm now having a strong feeling that the Kleeman Kompressor makes more power and is more reliable than the 2.3L that Weistec are offering. Can you please verify?
    The Weistec 2.3 system is CARB compliant so it is not made for peak power.

    The Kleeman system is NOT CARB compliant so to compare the two is like comparing apples to grapefruit not to mention the Kleeman system is $3,000 more expensive.

    Curious why you have this strong feeling...based upon what?
    Click here to enlarge

    I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    358
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    The Weistec 2.3 system is CARB compliant so it is not made for peak power.

    The Kleeman system is NOT CARB compliant so to compare the two is like comparing apples to grapefruit not to mention the Kleeman system is $3,000 more expensive.

    Curious why you have this strong feeling...based upon what?
    Just a feeling!


    lets hear it from Maverick


    second, Weistec's stage 2 with the 2.3l setup and exhaust modification ISN'T CARB Compliant. Check out the Website

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
    Just a feeling!


    lets hear it from Maverick


    second, Weistec's stage 2 with the 2.3l setup and exhaust modification ISN'T CARB Compliant. Check out the Website
    He's referring to the CARB compliant system obviously. Kleemann does not have a CARB compliant system at this time.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Maverick1975 Click here to enlarge
    i have Kleeman suoercharger in C63 BS and have been very happy with it.
    You have Kleemann and Weistec M156 supercharger kits @Maverick1975?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
    @Maverick1975 , since you have equipped the Kleeman Kompressor and a couple of Weistec superchargers, I am pretty confident you tested them against eachother. I'm now having a strong feeling that the Kleeman Kompressor makes more power and is more reliable than the 2.3L that Weistec are offering. Can you please verify?
    I'd also like to know what makes you think the Kleeman unit is more reliable than the Weistec 2.3L ??? There have not been any reported failures from the Weistec units so what makes you so certain ?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    358
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    I'd also like to know what makes you think the Kleeman unit is more reliable than the Weistec 2.3L ??? There have not been any reported failures from the Weistec units so what makes you so certain ?
    There have not been any failing units with Kleeman as well.

    Although I do know that Weistec had some belt issues which I have seen causing issues with some of my friends here in the Middle-East.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    358
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    He's referring to the CARB compliant system obviously. Kleemann does not have a CARB compliant system as this time.
    No offense , but who gives a s5hit about that stuff anyway?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
    No offense , but who gives a s5hit about that stuff anyway?
    People who don't live where you do?

    Additionally, people who would like to see the scope of the kit offering by tuners? Can other tuners offer CARB kits? Why don't they?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    358
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    People who don't live where you do?
    ok

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    358
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    People who don't live where you do?

    Additionally, people who would like to see the scope of the kit offering by tuners? Can other tuners offer CARB kits? Why don't they?
    Because they are intrested in making more power than being tree hugers

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
    There have not been any failing units with Kleeman as well.

    Although I do know that Weistec had some belt issues which I have seen causing issues with some of my friends here in the Middle-East.
    Belt issues and supercharger failures/reliability are hardly the same thing.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
    Because they are intrested in making more power than being tree hugers
    So... isn't that what the 3.0 liter is for?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Points
    794.0
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
    Because they are intrested in making more power than being tree hugers
    If that is the case compare Weistec's most powerful system to kleemans...case closed!
    Click here to enlarge

    I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    143
    Rep Points
    313.0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yes i have 3 weistec superchargers and one Kleeman kit. All are on cars that a driven hard as daily drivers. (my first track experience with supercharged CLK63 ended with a shredded belt after 2 laps). I guess because i was one of the early adopters i had plenty of issues with Weistec superchargers. I had multiple failed belts, multiple failed bearings inside the superchargers, multiple power steering failures. Other Australian based customers endured the same issues, particularly power sweering failures, whether this is a right hand drive phenomenon i dont know. I am not sure if power steering reservoiur needs to be relocated in LHD cars but it does in RHD cars and it seemed to correlate with negative impact on survivability of my power steeering pumps in 2 of my cars. the CLK failed twice, the C63 once but SL63 has been ok. I know of several other cars in Austrlaia that lost power steering shortly after installing Weistec superchargers. I believe the design change to single drive puley was in part driven by my negative experiences and Wistec gusy looking to to fix it with a more robust prodcut. The first year plus of ownership of the Weistec product was very trying as every single one of my cars had to be towed to workshop multiple times for repairs. I ordered my second kit after we thought sorted out belt issues with first kit only to have belt issues in that one and then on the 3rd kit as well. Guess i am a sucker for punishment, but the power increase is addictive As i said, 2 cars suffered failed power steering pumps within, one of them twice and this cost me a fortune. I came within a hair's breath of removing all the Weistec superchargers from my cars but the SL has been operating perfectly for about 1 year now and the C63 for about the same and the CLK Black Series lost power steering again just a few months ago. The power steering pump was replaced again and the reservoir was replaced by Rmaspeed with a Kleeman supplied reservoir which is larger and custom fitted to a better position in the engine bay. No probs since then. I have had the Kleeman product in my C63 Black Series for at least six months i guess and only one issue was slight degradation of the belt - seems to be common problem with supercharger manufactures not being able to supply fit for purppose belts. The belt was replaced with a sturdier item from Gator i believe and is perfectly intact.

    Both products yield tremendous increases in power and torque and have totally transformed the cars, they are simply unbelioeveable. The Kleeman product is quieter than Weistec meaning less whine and less overall mechanical noise (i enjoy the whine though). The Kleeman product is apparently more expensive but i bought mine about 18 months ago under a special deal and was comparable to Weistec pricing at the time. I like the Weistec guys and Steve was often on the phone to help out where he could but objectively the Kleeman product has shown to be significantly more reliable for a daily driven car than the early release Weistec products. The C63 BS feels the fastest of all my cars, whether thats down to it being a superior piece of equipment to start with, or the Kleeman product showing an edge of Weistec i just dont know.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Maverick1975 Click here to enlarge
    Yes i have 3 weistec superchargers and one Kleeman kit. All are on cars that a driven hard as daily drivers. (my first track experience with supercharged CLK63 ended with a shredded belt after 2 laps). I guess because i was one of the early adopters i had plenty of issues with Weistec superchargers. I had multiple failed belts, multiple failed bearings inside the superchargers, multiple power steering failures. Other Australian based customers endured the same issues, particularly power sweering failures, whether this is a right hand drive phenomenon i dont know. I am not sure if power steering reservoiur needs to be relocated in LHD cars but it does in RHD cars and it seemed to correlate with negative impact on survivability of my power steeering pumps in 2 of my cars. the CLK failed twice, the C63 once but SL63 has been ok. I know of several other cars in Austrlaia that lost power steering shortly after installing Weistec superchargers. I believe the design change to single drive puley was in part driven by my negative experiences and Wistec gusy looking to to fix it with a more robust prodcut. The first year plus of ownership of the Weistec product was very trying as every single one of my cars had to be towed to workshop multiple times for repairs. I ordered my second kit after we thought sorted out belt issues with first kit only to have belt issues in that one and then on the 3rd kit as well. Guess i am a sucker for punishment, but the power increase is addictive As i said, 2 cars suffered failed power steering pumps within, one of them twice and this cost me a fortune. I came within a hair's breath of removing all the Weistec superchargers from my cars but the SL has been operating perfectly for about 1 year now and the C63 for about the same and the CLK Black Series lost power steering again just a few months ago. The power steering pump was replaced again and the reservoir was replaced by Rmaspeed with a Kleeman supplied reservoir which is larger and custom fitted to a better position in the engine bay. No probs since then. I have had the Kleeman product in my C63 Black Series for at least six months i guess and only one issue was slight degradation of the belt - seems to be common problem with supercharger manufactures not being able to supply fit for purppose belts. The belt was replaced with a sturdier item from Gator i believe and is perfectly intact.

    Both products yield tremendous increases in power and torque and have totally transformed the cars, they are simply unbelioeveable. The Kleeman product is quieter than Weistec meaning less whine and less overall mechanical noise (i enjoy the whine though). The Kleeman product is apparently more expensive but i bought mine about 18 months ago under a special deal and was comparable to Weistec pricing at the time. I like the Weistec guys and Steve was often on the phone to help out where he could but objectively the Kleeman product has shown to be significantly more reliable for a daily driven car than the early release Weistec products. The C63 BS feels the fastest of all my cars, whether thats down to it being a superior piece of equipment to start with, or the Kleeman product showing an edge of Weistec i just dont know.
    It's not unheard of to have issues being early to get a product nobody else has out there. I've had my share of issues as well. Products that comes out later can often skip some of the teething problems as they have the benefit of somebody else being a guinea pig.

    Regarding the sound, makes complete sense. One is a roots style blower while the other is a twin screw. They will have some noise differences due to engineering differences.

    Both should definitely provide a large power gain.

    Your experience and feedback is appreciated quite rare to have someone who owns both with extensive seat time in both.

    Regarding what feels or is faster, wouldn't you be able to set something up regarding comparison runs?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    143
    Rep Points
    313.0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Well dyno runs down here cost $150-200 a piece so its not cheap when you have 4 superchargers to do before and after. Drga strip comparos are not out of the question. would happily put the cars in the hands of experienced driver to do tests as i have have zero quarter mile experience. My comment on C63BS is made just from feel only, zero emprical data. My post was not meant to impugn guys at Weistec, i got decent support form Steve and Michael. I guess it was the trials and tribulations of being an early adopter that i was perhaps unprepared for.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Maverick1975 Click here to enlarge
    Well dyno runs down here cost $150-200 a piece so its not cheap when you have 4 superchargers to do before and after. Drga strip comparos are not out of the question. would happily put the cars in the hands of experienced driver to do tests as i have have zero quarter mile experience. My comment on C63BS is made just from feel only, zero emprical data. My post was not meant to impugn guys at Weistec, i got decent support form Steve and Michael. I guess it was the trials and tribulations of being an early adopter that i was perhaps unprepared for.
    Somehow I feel if you have four superchargers on M156's you can afford the dyno runs but I understand.

    The C63 BS will feel the fastest due to its more raw nature by default anyway.

    I do not get the impression that your post was negative at all simply sharing your experience.

    Before / after dynos would have been a goldmine though.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •