Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***VIDEO*** 2013 Shelby GT500 vs 2011 Procharged 5th Gen Camaro SS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Exclamation ***VIDEO*** 2013 Shelby GT500 vs 2011 Procharged 5th Gen Camaro SS

Yes I know that this video does not have any bimmer, benz, porsche etc. in it, but still I thought you guys might like it. Enjoy...

Disclamer: All of this footage is computer generated and enhanced with visual effects... Please do not attempt to try what you see in this video.

2013 Shelby GT500 vs 2011 Procharged Camaro SS

AWD75 Videos presents another video showing two late model pony cars going against each other. Last time, Jericho beat Mr.TORQ, so after couple of mods to both cars, they decided to settle the score. The results were unexpected and interesting. Both of the cars will have even more mods next time...

PS. Both of the cars had a passenger(the cameraman) and a driver.

Mod List of the Cars:

2011 Camaro SS a.k.a "Mr.TORQ":
    -F1A Procharger (8PSI)
    -G6X3 Cam
    -Ported LS3 Heads
    -Stock Motor
    -M6
    -Pump Gas (93 Octane)
    -Methanol
    -650whp

2013 GT500 a.k.a "Jericho":
    -Throttle Body
    -CAI
    -Upper Pulley
    -Headers
    -E85
    -M6
    -710whp

This videos made possible by:

RBS14K MEDIA
    www.youtube.com/rbs14k
    www.facebook.com/rbs14k

Please don't forget to COMMENT, RATE & SUBSCRIBE for more videos!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

So if the stang is making 60+ whp how is it getting beat this bad by the Camaro? Both cars are piggies, aren't tu camaros a little heavier too? Is driver skill?
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So if the stang is making 60+ whp how is it getting beat this bad by the Camaro? Both cars are piggies, aren't tu camaros a little heavier too? Is driver skill?
    Centri's = beasts up top
    Like BoostAddict on FaceBook, get +20 rep and tacos*: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...-FaceBook-page

* Tacos sold separately

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If they went from a dig and the mustang hooks it would eat the camaro every time. From a roll the camaro's set up is better than the stang.
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-ripClick here to enlarge
    fj cruiser- for sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Forgot to mention. Those cars sound beastly!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

did the LEO chase?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Yeah those sound like racecars. Murica'

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Not everything is about the peak power. It is not the first time maro in the vid, taking down a higher hp car... Its about knowing your cars weakness and working on it to get a better result. Both drivers are good, believe me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Camaro should still weigh about 200 lbs less I would think...no?
    2009 335i coupe PARTING OUT!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Camaro should still weigh about 200 lbs less I would think...no?
    No. Actually in this vid, maro weights more than gt500

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

Procharger on the Camaro is making tons of power up top (which really shines in roll racing), while the Roots on the GT500 is dying out.

PLUS E85 on a supercharger setup will make more power, but it isn't going shine like if it was being used on a turbo setup... You'll be able to run more boost (but not a super aggressive boost curve b/c you're limited by pulley sizing) and some more aggressive timing.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Gotcha!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Nice vid and runs as always!

Sh*t that particular SS was a freak when it was N/A! I'n not surprised to see it doing work with the blower..
    09' CTS-V Sedan- Black Raven, Auto, Recaros, Stock for now..

E60 M5 SMG - Sapphire Black exterior, Black interior,
    Full leather, Ventilated comfort seats, Aluminum trim, Alcantara Headliner, Matte Black front/side grills, 20% window tint, Plasti Dipped Black Wheels, Hardwired 9500ix, RPI scoops(Red), Block off plates, BMC filters (c/f delete), Evolve-R Stage 2 Tune, Muffler & Secondary Cat Delete

P500s S6 DSC OFF- ALL DAY, EVERY DAY.. Unless it's wet out
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Procharger on the Camaro is making tons of power up top (which really shines in roll racing), while the Roots on the GT500 is dying out.

PLUS E85 on a supercharger setup will make more power, but it isn't going shine like if it was being used on a turbo setup... You'll be able to run more boost (but not a super aggressive boost curve b/c you're limited by pulley sizing) and some more aggressive timing.
    How do you know the mustang is dying out up top ? Any dyno runs ? Im sure the ported heads and cams play a big part on its top end power as well

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    How do you know the mustang is dying out up top ? Any dyno runs ? Im sure the ported heads and cams play a big part on its top end power as well
    Because of what it is. You don't even need to see a plot.
    Like BoostAddict on FaceBook, get +20 rep and tacos*: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...-FaceBook-page

* Tacos sold separately

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

Unfortunate consequence of running a Roots style blower (plenty of power low-mid RPMs, dies out as you approach redline)..... Maybe with the heads & cams the top end power doesn't die off as badly, but not enough to out do the Centri. I mean, regardless of which FI setup, you gotta give somewhere -- Roots/Whipples leave you wanting at the top of the rev range, Centris only give you power up top, and with Turbos you gotta decide between lag or sacrificing some power.

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Unfortunate consequence of running a Roots style blower (plenty of power low-mid RPMs, dies out as you approach redline)..... Maybe with the heads & cams the top end power doesn't die off as badly, but not enough to out do the Centri. I mean, regardless of which FI setup, you gotta give somewhere -- Roots/Whipples leave you wanting at the top of the rev range, Centris only give you power up top, and with Turbos you gotta decide between lag or sacrificing some power.
    Thats why you gotta own at least 3 cars with different setups(turbo/centri/PD), to solve the problem Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Because of what it is. You don't even need to see a plot.
    Well with proper heads and cams the PD should not die off up top unless its being pushed past its efficiency range which i have no idea what size blower the gt500 is running. I mean look at the weistec cars they aren't pushed past their efficiency range and are put on an engine that has pretty good stock heads(m156) you see the graphs they don't die out up top and have big low/mid range torque.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

especially the blowers on the SLS (M159) with its improved intake manifold, and more aggressive cams they make power all the way up to redline. Doubt the stang has anywhere near the Volumetric Efficiency as the M159 or M156 but it'd be nice to see a dyno lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

especially the blowers on the SLS (M159) with its improved intake manifold, and more aggressive cams they make power all the way up to redline. Doubt the stang has anywhere near the Volumetric Efficiency as the M159 or M156 but it'd be nice to see a dyno lol
    Well there's the difference in Positive Displacement Blowers.... The GT500 is using a TVS Roots blower. Typically these are the most efficient superchargers at low/midrange RPMs, but like previously stated they die out up top. Weistec (etc) are using Twin Screw/Whipple blowers. While these aren't as efficient as the Roots blowers down low/midrange, they let you carry the power out to redline (basically, a compromise between the Roots & Centri)

Centris obviously blows down low, but you can make monstrous power in the top half of the rev range. Similar to a turbo, until you are near/hit the boost target, you're not gonna really experience that power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Well there's the difference in Positive Displacement Blowers.... The GT500 is using a TVS Roots blower. Typically these are the most efficient superchargers at low/midrange RPMs, but like previously stated they die out up top. Weistec (etc) are using Twin Screw/Whipple blowers. While these aren't as efficient as the Roots blowers down low/midrange, they let you carry the power out to redline (basically, a compromise between the Roots & Centri)

Good points ! Forgot that the mustang was a roots style blower i read over that and it didn't click at the time since I see a lot of the upgraded GT500's use whipples i thought they also had a twin screw blower from the factory. Did the factory 55 motors use a twin screw blower?

Centris obviously blows down low, but you can make monstrous power in the top half of the rev range. Similar to a turbo, until you are near/hit the boost target, you're not gonna really experience that power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Good points ! Forgot that the mustang was a roots style blower i read over that and it didn't click at the time since I see a lot of the upgraded GT500's use whipples i thought they also had a twin screw blower from the factory. Did the factory 55 motors use a twin screw blower?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

Did the factory 55 motors use a twin screw blower?
    Factory 55 motors? Like the E55 AMG? They were OEM equipped with a a Lysholm Twin Screw at 13psi, not sure about the blowers displacement

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Factory 55 motors? Like the E55 AMG? They were OEM equipped with a a Lysholm Twin Screw at 13psi, not sure about the blowers displacement
    Yup i meant the AMG 55 motors aka M113K. Pretty sure they flatten out uptop as well but that goes to show ya the heads/cams have just as big of a part in top end pull as does the type of blower used. And obviously running the blower in its efficiency range im sure the big whp 55 cars are over spinning the blower hard

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1716 Post(s)

Well with proper heads and cams the PD should not die off up top unless its being pushed past its efficiency range which i have no idea what size blower the gt500 is running. I mean look at the weistec cars they aren't pushed past their efficiency range and are put on an engine that has pretty good stock heads(m156) you see the graphs they don't die out up top and have big low/mid range torque.
    You would have to see an M156 with a centri versus a twin screw to really see how the torque curves would differ. The centri will always continue to make more boost with RPM whereas there will be some dropoff with a positive displacement.

What helps the M156 is a good curve designed for top end power to begin with.

* Tacos sold separately

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast