Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Renntech already has the M133 inline-4 in the CLA45/A45/GLA45 AMG over 400 horsepower with Stage I tuning

Remember when BenzBoost posted that the new 2.0 liter M133 AMG four-cylinder is underrated? Many BenzBoost users started speculating there would not be room to tune the motor or that it would not be tuner friendly due to its high amount of boost from the factory turbo. Well, Renntech is already showing over 400 horsepower with just their Stage I tune. The SuperFlow dyno shows 414 horsepower tune only (361 to the wheels) which is a gain of 25 horsepower over stock.

25 horsepower tune only on an underrated 2.0 liter four-cylinder car with 26 psi of boost stock? Not too shabby especially considering this is just the beginning.

The videos below also show the performance increase of the tuned car versus the stock car. 0-60 goes down to 4.0 seconds flat from their testing of 4.6 stock and the 0-124 mile per hour time improves to 14.5 seconds from 17.6. Very, very impressive.

The cars with the M133 motor are going to be a lot of fun for tuners and a staple of the Mercedes tuner scene in the coming years.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Man Renntech is so awesome! With tune that should put the car mid to lows 12s compared to the 12.8 stock on the CLA 45 AMG.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
    Man Renntech is so awesome! With tune that should put the car mid to lows 12s compared to the 12.8 stock on the CLA 45 AMG.
    Absolutely. And with exhaust mods plus race gas even better...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Car and Driver just did a comparison between the Chevy SS and Dodge STR8 and with it optioned how an enthusiast wants the car optioned the SRT8 came out to be 55k. When I priced out the CLA45amg the way I wanted it built, (back up camera and all that crap plus the AMG Seats, exhaust and all that) it came out to be 60k.

I'll spend the extra 5k and have a MB over the SRT8. But that new SS for 45k you have a 12.9 second sedan rocking a LS3 is pretty tempting!

Srt8 ran 12.6 and CLA 45 runs 12.8. I'll get the tune and be happy with MB!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
    But that new SS for 45k you have a 12.9 second sedan rocking a LS3 is pretty tempting!
    This is a 12.8 sedan with a four-cylinder, dct, and all wheel drive. For a big V8 to be running the same times is kind of sad.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Would love to see a stock boost graph and compare it to there boost graph..
    ///M5 LCI
    "It's like the F10 is the 911 Turbo to the E60's GT3" -Pistonheads (M5 feature)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome numbers... now to upgrade injectors and fuel pumps so it can run on E85.
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
    Awesome numbers... now to upgrade injectors and fuel pumps so it can run on E85.
    I want to see what it does with full bolt ons first. Wonder what the stock fuel system will support too.

Really digging this car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So this is still on 26 pounds of boost?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I want to see what it does with full bolt ons first. Wonder what the stock fuel system will support too.

Really digging this car.
    You should see one soon enough. Rich is taking delivery of a CLA45 inthe next couple weeks and it is being shipped directly to Weistec so they can tinker with it until spring.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    You should see one soon enough. Rich is taking delivery of a CLA45 inthe next couple weeks and it is being shipped directly to Weistec so they can tinker with it until spring.
    Awesome... straight to business. Click here to enlarge
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Glad to see Weistec jumping on it. I knew they would.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    So this is still on 26 pounds of boost?
    No idea I would guess at least a tiny bit more. The changes are likely where the boost comes in more than peak.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No idea I would guess at least a tiny bit more. The changes are likely where the boost comes in more than peak.
    I'm still waiting for 3rd party dyno.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm still waiting for 3rd party dyno.
    Man, it's early. I'm impressed people are even tuning these although I think Renntech is using a piggyback at this stage.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Man, it's early. I'm impressed people are even tuning these although I think Renntech is using a piggyback at this stage.
    I know, I'm just saying lol. Mark my words in that thread. 20-30 whp with tune 40whp max with racegas and FBO. Just watch, and it has to be 3rd party dyno of course. Not that I'm saying I don't trust renntech..
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know, I'm just saying lol. Mark my words in that thread. 20-30 whp with tune 40whp max with racegas and FBO. Just watch, and it has to be 3rd party dyno of course. Not that I'm saying I don't trust renntech..
    And you were saying these couldn't be tuned... these will have 400 whp soon enough.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is a 12.8 sedan with a four-cylinder, dct, and all wheel drive. For a big V8 to be running the same times is kind of sad.
    Your logic is sad.
    So was that post.

You're attempting to compare apples and avocados.
    The SS is a GIANT sedan and weighs 4,000lbs.
    It's also infinitely more simple and reliable than the CLA and has much more torque at all RPMs and better linear power delivery.
    Unfortunately, GM included way too much content that no one wants and the lack of a manual transmission and the $45k pricetag means that the car will fail. But, if you want a large sports sedan with an automatic and a ton of options, it's a great choice.
    Last edited by TT C6; 12-09-2013 at 01:29 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And you were saying these couldn't be tuned... these will have 400 whp soon enough.
    400+ HP from tuning the motor to the ragged edge with a peaky powerband and no off-boost power?
    No thanks.

I'd rather have a naturally aspirated 6.2L or a larger displacement boosted engine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
    Your logic is sad.
    So was that post.

You're attempting to compare apples and avocados.
    The SS is a GIANT sedan and weighs 4,000lbs.
    It's also infinitely more simple and reliable than the CLA and has much more torque at all RPMs and better linear power delivery.
    Unfortunately, GM included way too much content that no one wants and the lack of a manual transmission and the $45k pricetag means that the car will fail. But, if you want a large sports sedan with an automatic and a ton of options, it's a great choice.
    It doesn't matter the SS is a Giant sedan the CLA can run right with it. Winning is winning.

You have no idea on the reliability but I'll give you simple since that engine design is basically an antique.

I don't consider it a great choice. The CLA is a better choice and not only is it more efficient its more technologically advanced. The SS might as well be a dinosaur.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    400+ HP from tuning the motor to the ragged edge with a peaky powerband and no off-boost power?
    No thanks.
    It will have lag and likely be peaky but you can get power...

I'd rather have a naturally aspirated 6.2L or a larger displacement boosted engine.
    So would I. But that doesn't change the fact this motor can run with bigger boys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I never said it can't be tuned. I just gave you the figures that I know are going to be made. There is only so much a turbo can make bro. My gti had a turbo, my cobalt ss went through 3 turbos. My 335... lol you get the jist. I'm good with turbos Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn it Lenny and HARTMUT at RENNtech you guys rock as usual. Lenny will look at we talked about LPG for my car, let me know when youre coming down here since STICKY has been BSing lately jajajajajaja

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I never said it can't be tuned. I just gave you the figures that I know are going to be made. There is only so much a turbo can make bro. My gti had a turbo, my cobalt ss went through 3 turbos. My 335... lol you get the jist. I'm good with turbos Click here to enlarge
    Yes but on paper a four cylinder can put out more than enough power with a big enough turbo right? So this thing is hardly maxed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d Click here to enlarge
    Damn it Lenny and HARTMUT at RENNtech you guys rock as usual. Lenny will look at we talked about LPG for my car, let me know when youre coming down here since STICKY has been BSing lately jajajajajaja
    I'm going to make it to Puerto Rico at some point trust me. Click here to enlarge I just need to work for now!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast