Close

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 151
  1. #126
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,189
    Rep Points
    31,313.5
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    I dont believe you have ever driven a GTR before. While its true that the car works so damn well in stock form that it can seem dull, add a couple hundred hp and its transformed into a very fun ride. The problem is it takes every bit of the 565hp stock and feels too composed. An 850whp GTR is a hell of a track car.
    Sure it will have some fun factor but will it ever be as fun or responsive as a much lighter car with a higher revving naturally aspirated motor?

    Track capability and fun factor aren't the exact same thing.

  2. #127
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Park Ridge, IL
    Posts
    233
    Rep Points
    16.8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Last I checked some of the world's best driver's cars come with a dual clutch now. The option exists in the M3 if one wants a manual. I'll take the dual clutch.
    I was just talking about fun. No dual clutch comes close to a manual trans for me. And yes I have driven a few dual clutch cars including a 2012 e92 M3 DCT. Everyone has their own opinion however most people I know would consider a manual trans more fun.

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,189
    Rep Points
    31,313.5
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLV335I Click here to enlarge
    I was just talking about fun. No dual clutch comes close to a manual trans for me. And yes I have driven a few dual clutch cars including a 2012 e92 M3 DCT. Everyone has their own opinion however most people I know would consider a manual trans more fun.
    I think most people would agree a manual offers more control and interaction. That's not to say a dual clutch can't be in a driver's car.

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    213
    Rep Points
    411.7
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Reputation: Yes | No
    As far as the fun factor.... When the GTR was stock, it was still loads of fun with 385hp/395tq (stock dyno) But the M3 was still a little more enjoying to drive. I will say, now with the GTR over 600hp and 700tq, the M3 hasn't been touched in a month. Honestly, a FBO/E85 GTR is stupid fun to drive, especially with the electronics turned off, more so then the M3.
    -08 E92 Brushed Steel DCT 613hp-
    -ESS/AR 700 - KW V3's - AR Design - Volk TE37 - Vorsteiner - Challenge-
    -2012 Brushed Red Aluminum GTR-
    - Jacks 3.8 w/ Jacks heads - Jacks Drag 800 w/ billet gears - AAM GT-900R - Swift - ADV.1 - Ecutek via Visconti -
    - 1060hp 852tq 32psi - 9.34 @150mph 7688ft DA - 185.5mph 1/2 mile 9240ft DA -
    http://www.jackstransmissions.com/
    http://store.vtune.us/
    http://www.revvolution.com/

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,189
    Rep Points
    31,313.5
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlownE92M3 Click here to enlarge
    As far as the fun factor.... When the GTR was stock, it was still loads of fun with 385hp/395tq (stock dyno) But the M3 was still a little more enjoying to drive. I will say, now with the GTR over 600hp and 700tq, the M3 hasn't been touched in a month. Honestly, a FBO/E85 GTR is stupid fun to drive, especially with the electronics turned off, more so then the M3.
    This is good feedback.

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    213
    Rep Points
    411.7
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This is good feedback.

    I think, personally for me, it's the abundance of torque that really differentiates the "feel" of the FBO/E85 GTR vs the ESS/AR 700 M3. You don't have to be winding the engine out to redline to enjoy the power, Hell, I usually short shift at 6500 due to the monsterous mid range from 3500-6000 rpm. While the RWD M3 can be a bit more "exciting" driving (if that makes sense?) the GTR brings more smiles, laughs and the feeling of exiting a turn at WOT with 718tq in 1st or 2nd gear is something most cars cannot replicate. I haven't taken the GTR up into the Colorado mountains yet, but I'm sure it will be an absolute blast to drive!

    Honestly, Sticky, I would say try to get the opportunity to drive a 2012 or newer GTR (Especially if you can get behind the wheel off a E85/FBO one). It's a dangerous addiction, but i warn you, be ready for the possibility of wanting to buy one after... I made the mistake of driving a stock 2012 a couple months ago, and 3 weeks later I was a GTR owner lol. I took a buddy of mine out for a spin on new years eve. The following open business day, he canceled his deposit on a new GT3 and ordered a 2014 GTR lol. These car's must be driven/ridden in to really appreciate them.
    -08 E92 Brushed Steel DCT 613hp-
    -ESS/AR 700 - KW V3's - AR Design - Volk TE37 - Vorsteiner - Challenge-
    -2012 Brushed Red Aluminum GTR-
    - Jacks 3.8 w/ Jacks heads - Jacks Drag 800 w/ billet gears - AAM GT-900R - Swift - ADV.1 - Ecutek via Visconti -
    - 1060hp 852tq 32psi - 9.34 @150mph 7688ft DA - 185.5mph 1/2 mile 9240ft DA -
    http://www.jackstransmissions.com/
    http://store.vtune.us/
    http://www.revvolution.com/

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,189
    Rep Points
    31,313.5
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlownE92M3 Click here to enlarge
    Honestly, Sticky, I would say try to get the opportunity to drive a 2012 or newer GTR (Especially if you can get behind the wheel off a E85/FBO one). It's a dangerous addiction, but i warn you, be ready for the possibility of wanting to buy one after...
    I'm not going to want one. Yes the torque is nice but there is nothing like sweeping the tach past 8k and trying to get that perfect shift at redline. Not to mention the sounds, feel, and excitement.

    For acceleration purposes the GTR definitely is nice with how it puts the power down, the turbos, and the dual clutch. But I'd rather get the new C7 Vette than the GTR in all honesty.

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    213
    Rep Points
    411.7
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm not going to want one. Yes the torque is nice but there is nothing like sweeping the tach past 8k and trying to get that perfect shift at redline. Not to mention the sounds, feel, and excitement.

    For acceleration purposes the GTR definitely is nice with how it puts the power down, the turbos, and the dual clutch. But I'd rather get the new C7 Vette than the GTR in all honesty.
    Understandable. Just drive one if ya can Click here to enlarge If you are ever in Colorado, hit me up, and I'll let ya take her out.
    -08 E92 Brushed Steel DCT 613hp-
    -ESS/AR 700 - KW V3's - AR Design - Volk TE37 - Vorsteiner - Challenge-
    -2012 Brushed Red Aluminum GTR-
    - Jacks 3.8 w/ Jacks heads - Jacks Drag 800 w/ billet gears - AAM GT-900R - Swift - ADV.1 - Ecutek via Visconti -
    - 1060hp 852tq 32psi - 9.34 @150mph 7688ft DA - 185.5mph 1/2 mile 9240ft DA -
    http://www.jackstransmissions.com/
    http://store.vtune.us/
    http://www.revvolution.com/

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,189
    Rep Points
    31,313.5
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlownE92M3 Click here to enlarge
    Understandable. Just drive one if ya can Click here to enlarge If you are ever in Colorado, hit me up, and I'll let ya take her out.
    Appreciated.

  10. #135
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlownE92M3 Click here to enlarge
    I think, personally for me, it's the abundance of torque that really differentiates the "feel" of the FBO/E85 GTR vs the ESS/AR 700 M3. You don't have to be winding the engine out to redline to enjoy the power, Hell, I usually short shift at 6500 due to the monsterous mid range from 3500-6000 rpm. While the RWD M3 can be a bit more "exciting" driving (if that makes sense?) the GTR brings more smiles, laughs and the feeling of exiting a turn at WOT with 718tq in 1st or 2nd gear is something most cars cannot replicate. I haven't taken the GTR up into the Colorado mountains yet, but I'm sure it will be an absolute blast to drive!

    Honestly, Sticky, I would say try to get the opportunity to drive a 2012 or newer GTR (Especially if you can get behind the wheel off a E85/FBO one). It's a dangerous addiction, but i warn you, be ready for the possibility of wanting to buy one after... I made the mistake of driving a stock 2012 a couple months ago, and 3 weeks later I was a GTR owner lol. I took a buddy of mine out for a spin on new years eve. The following open business day, he canceled his deposit on a new GT3 and ordered a 2014 GTR lol. These car's must be driven/ridden in to really appreciate them.
    That's like the Lexus LFA, you just don't understand until you have hands-on experience. The best car I've ever touched, hands down.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,189
    Rep Points
    31,313.5
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    That's like the Lexus LFA, you just don't understand until you have hands-on experience. The best car I've ever touched, hands down.
    Yet GTR's can beat it. The LFA is closer to the M3 in execution and philosophy really.

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    213
    Rep Points
    411.7
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yet GTR's can beat it. The LFA is closer to the M3 in execution and philosophy really.
    Very true. IN the end, they are just 2 completely designed machines. M3 is a well rounded high revving, low tq RWD platform, while the GTR is a purpose built track monster with a $#@! ton of low-mid range with a AWD system. Comes down to personal preference between the 2.
    -08 E92 Brushed Steel DCT 613hp-
    -ESS/AR 700 - KW V3's - AR Design - Volk TE37 - Vorsteiner - Challenge-
    -2012 Brushed Red Aluminum GTR-
    - Jacks 3.8 w/ Jacks heads - Jacks Drag 800 w/ billet gears - AAM GT-900R - Swift - ADV.1 - Ecutek via Visconti -
    - 1060hp 852tq 32psi - 9.34 @150mph 7688ft DA - 185.5mph 1/2 mile 9240ft DA -
    http://www.jackstransmissions.com/
    http://store.vtune.us/
    http://www.revvolution.com/

  13. #138
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yet GTR's can beat it. The LFA is closer to the M3 in execution and philosophy really.
    I'm just sayin, I've had conversations with friends and just people in general and they say some things they would never say if they actually were to ever drive one. It's truly unreal, the car just feels awesome, sounds perfect, and just gives you complete control. You really can't compare it to an M3, yes closer in style I guess to an M3 than a GTR, but just saying it's one of those cars people don't get until they've driven one, or even rode in one
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,189
    Rep Points
    31,313.5
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    I'm just sayin, I've had conversations with friends and just people in general and they say some things they would never say if they actually were to ever drive one. It's truly unreal, the car just feels awesome, sounds perfect, and just gives you complete control. You really can't compare it to an M3, yes closer in style I guess to an M3 than a GTR, but just saying it's one of those cars people don't get until they've driven one, or even rode in one
    Ultimately it shows it is more than just about horsepower. Those intangibles are why the M3 shines.

  15. #140
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ultimately it shows it is more than just about horsepower. Those intangibles are why the M3 shines.
    Keep in mind the LFA is certainly underrated by Lexus, but yes it's not all about power, if most enthusiasts thought that we'd all be driving american muscle lol
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,198
    Rep Points
    1,800.2
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    @BlownE92M3 GOD DAMN your GTR has grown up.... Details man
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,189
    Rep Points
    31,313.5
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlownE92M3 Click here to enlarge
    Hahah thanks man. I was planning on just keeping it a bolt-on car... But these things respond sooooo well, I couldn't resist. Car went down in June for a build. Ended up going with a 10:1 3.8 block from Jacks, GSC component built heads by Jacks, Drag 800 trans with a full billet gearset (They need to get into the BMW DCT market) Jacks fuel system (Dual 495 pumps and 2000cc injectors) AAM stock manifold turbo kit (dual GT30R's) and a ton of cosmetic stuff. Just got her wrapped a brushed red aluminum this past week, looks killer!! She ended up making 752hp 656tq on low boost (17psi) and 1050hp 852tq on 32psi. Car runs a flexfuel setup on Ecutek. She is a blast now! Best time to date so far is a 9.4 @ 150 with a 7200ft DA and she managed 185 in the standing 1/2 mile with a 9000+ ft DA.


    http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...ps0eb66aa9.jpg

    http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...ps7d58620d.jpg

    http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...ps73497c97.jpg

    http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...psc0e2c4da.jpg


    Few vids

    me Vs Aventador, standing half mile
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWZu...40zWLk-osc9NcA

    1/2 mile speedo with soft launch
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yEQ...40zWLk-osc9NcA

    First 2 quarter mile passes ever.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXT8...40zWLk-osc9NcA

    Taking a good friend for her first ride in a 1000+ hp car lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-TB...40zWLk-osc9NcA
    Damn dude copy this whole post over to a new thread on NissanBoost
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    213
    Rep Points
    411.7
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Damn dude copy this whole post over to a new thread on NissanBoost

    There is a nissanboost now?!?!?!? Fuk i've been gone for too long. Will do!
    -08 E92 Brushed Steel DCT 613hp-
    -ESS/AR 700 - KW V3's - AR Design - Volk TE37 - Vorsteiner - Challenge-
    -2012 Brushed Red Aluminum GTR-
    - Jacks 3.8 w/ Jacks heads - Jacks Drag 800 w/ billet gears - AAM GT-900R - Swift - ADV.1 - Ecutek via Visconti -
    - 1060hp 852tq 32psi - 9.34 @150mph 7688ft DA - 185.5mph 1/2 mile 9240ft DA -
    http://www.jackstransmissions.com/
    http://store.vtune.us/
    http://www.revvolution.com/

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,189
    Rep Points
    31,313.5
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlownE92M3 Click here to enlarge
    There is a nissanboost now?!?!?!? Fuk i've been gone for too long. Will do!
    It's up. Not officially up but there is some activity there. That's a good post, copy it over for a new thread on your car. If you don't want to I can do it.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    213
    Rep Points
    411.7
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's up. Not officially up but there is some activity there. That's a good post, copy it over for a new thread on your car. If you don't want to I can do it.
    -08 E92 Brushed Steel DCT 613hp-
    -ESS/AR 700 - KW V3's - AR Design - Volk TE37 - Vorsteiner - Challenge-
    -2012 Brushed Red Aluminum GTR-
    - Jacks 3.8 w/ Jacks heads - Jacks Drag 800 w/ billet gears - AAM GT-900R - Swift - ADV.1 - Ecutek via Visconti -
    - 1060hp 852tq 32psi - 9.34 @150mph 7688ft DA - 185.5mph 1/2 mile 9240ft DA -
    http://www.jackstransmissions.com/
    http://store.vtune.us/
    http://www.revvolution.com/

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    213
    Rep Points
    411.7
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's up. Not officially up but there is some activity there. That's a good post, copy it over for a new thread on your car. If you don't want to I can do it.
    I looked, couldn't find the link.... feel free to move it over or w/e ya wish bro.
    -08 E92 Brushed Steel DCT 613hp-
    -ESS/AR 700 - KW V3's - AR Design - Volk TE37 - Vorsteiner - Challenge-
    -2012 Brushed Red Aluminum GTR-
    - Jacks 3.8 w/ Jacks heads - Jacks Drag 800 w/ billet gears - AAM GT-900R - Swift - ADV.1 - Ecutek via Visconti -
    - 1060hp 852tq 32psi - 9.34 @150mph 7688ft DA - 185.5mph 1/2 mile 9240ft DA -
    http://www.jackstransmissions.com/
    http://store.vtune.us/
    http://www.revvolution.com/

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,189
    Rep Points
    31,313.5
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlownE92M3 Click here to enlarge
    I looked, couldn't find the link.... feel free to move it over or w/e ya wish bro.
    It's just nissanboost.com lol.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    213
    Rep Points
    411.7
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's just nissanboost.com lol.
    oh derp.... Click here to enlarge
    -08 E92 Brushed Steel DCT 613hp-
    -ESS/AR 700 - KW V3's - AR Design - Volk TE37 - Vorsteiner - Challenge-
    -2012 Brushed Red Aluminum GTR-
    - Jacks 3.8 w/ Jacks heads - Jacks Drag 800 w/ billet gears - AAM GT-900R - Swift - ADV.1 - Ecutek via Visconti -
    - 1060hp 852tq 32psi - 9.34 @150mph 7688ft DA - 185.5mph 1/2 mile 9240ft DA -
    http://www.jackstransmissions.com/
    http://store.vtune.us/
    http://www.revvolution.com/

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,189
    Rep Points
    31,313.5
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlownE92M3 Click here to enlarge
    oh derp.... Click here to enlarge
    I moved your post @BlownE92M3, you see it?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    213
    Rep Points
    411.7
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I moved your post @BlownE92M3, you see it?

    I did, ty sir!!! Site has come a good way since i was super active! Congrats man! xxxxboost.com all over the place lol
    -08 E92 Brushed Steel DCT 613hp-
    -ESS/AR 700 - KW V3's - AR Design - Volk TE37 - Vorsteiner - Challenge-
    -2012 Brushed Red Aluminum GTR-
    - Jacks 3.8 w/ Jacks heads - Jacks Drag 800 w/ billet gears - AAM GT-900R - Swift - ADV.1 - Ecutek via Visconti -
    - 1060hp 852tq 32psi - 9.34 @150mph 7688ft DA - 185.5mph 1/2 mile 9240ft DA -
    http://www.jackstransmissions.com/
    http://store.vtune.us/
    http://www.revvolution.com/

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •