Close

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 2014 NFL playoffs - Who you got?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

It’s not a huge mystery guys. DEN’s o-line got absolutely abused from start to finish, Peyton was not seeing the field clearly, took some shots early, and didn’t get the job done. It’s the “gameplan” against all classic pocket passers- get them off their spot early and their internal game clock speeds up. Same thing happens to all the greats, it’s extremely difficult to actually execute on so SEA defense deserves a ton of credit. They are consistently better than I give them credit for.\

I knew they wouldn’t beat SEA with their YAC based offense, but figured they’d at least try to go vertical. Only real shot play I saw was overthrown. DEN looked very tight and unsure of themselves, and as expected the run game did nothing when it mattered. Not a particularly difficult defeat to break down, DEN got dominated by a far more complete roster. I’ve only re-watched the first half, but I just expected far better execution from DEN. Very disappointing effort.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Still can't get over what a terrible game that was. It's like after the Safety Denver was shell shocked and couldn't wake up.
    ’11 SB first snap of the game NE was flagged (correctly) for grounding after a designed screen was blown up. I knew from that first snap they weren’t going to win the game. DEN had zero momentum, they played so tight. Only themselves to blame though, they were thoroughly beat in all 3 phases.

P.S. in case anyone was wondering why I was raving about Percy so much….yea…kid can run.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    It’s not a huge mystery guys. DEN’s o-line got absolutely abused from start to finish, Peyton was not seeing the field clearly, took some shots early, and didn’t get the job done. It’s the “gameplan” against all classic pocket passers- get them off their spot early and their internal game clock speeds up. Same thing happens to all the greats, it’s extremely difficult to actually execute on so SEA defense deserves a ton of credit. They are consistently better than I give them credit for.\

I knew they wouldn’t beat SEA with their YAC based offense, but figured they’d at least try to go vertical. Only real shot play I saw was overthrown. DEN looked very tight and unsure of themselves, and as expected the run game did nothing when it mattered. Not a particularly difficult defeat to break down, DEN got dominated by a far more complete roster. I’ve only re-watched the first half, but I just expected far better execution from DEN. Very disappointing effort.
    Denver just didn't get any phase going. They did poorly everywhere. Special teams, defense, offense, blocking, running, whatever.

They did look tight and the moment just seemed to overwhelm them. They threw the towel in in the 2nd quarter after that failed 4th down conversion it felt like. Just seemed like everyone knew at that point that it was over.
    Like BoostAddict on FaceBook, get +20 rep and tacos*: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...-FaceBook-page

* Tacos sold separately

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    Like BoostAddict on FaceBook, get +20 rep and tacos*: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...-FaceBook-page

* Tacos sold separately

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Denver just didn't get any phase going. They did poorly everywhere. Special teams, defense, offense, blocking, running, whatever.

They did look tight and the moment just seemed to overwhelm them. They threw the towel in in the 2nd quarter after that failed 4th down conversion it felt like. Just seemed like everyone knew at that point that it was over.
    Very odd to see though-that’s not a particularly “green” roster. Plenty of guys there who have been in big games. Agree though they were not comfortable from the opening whistle. The first handful of plays are almost always scripted, so as much as anything you just want to get a feel for matchups and try to keep the game from getting away from you.

I really want to get some cut ups of Decker in this game. He saw a ton of man free and could-not-make-a-play. Same goes for Welker, big pass rush game- he should have caught a dozen balls. Impact was instead minimal. He’s shown up small in all 3 Superbowls he’s played in, bottom line. Incredible job by SEA defense, but man DEN looked totally lost. DEN certainly lost to a better team but they also brought several bullets to shoot themselves in the foot with.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

One thing to take solace in- to all those who fear SEA building a juggernaut. Free agency, draft errors, and aging will diminish the roster. I can almost guarantee this roster will not get any stronger, bills come due, rookie contracts expire, 30 year olds lose their legs, coaching staffs are gutted, etc etc. The league is set up to prevent these sorts of dynastic runs, hence why we’ve only had one Superbowl repeat in the last decade. It’s almost impossible. SEA is very good, but there’s nothing magic in that building. Their team will wane like all others before.

Remember in 2010/11 when it looked like HOU was building an absolute monster of a roster. Loaded all over the place. But they ran into cap trouble, had a poor draft (it only takes one), and found out their QB couldn’t get it done. SEA will have to extend Sherman, Chancellor, E. Thomas, R. Wilson, R. Okung, C. Clemons, the list goes on. Same for DEN. It’s SO tough to build a complete roster for more than one season, the “load up” mentality almost always ends in long-term failure. So have no fear, someone will beat up on SEA next season.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Hawks just kicked their butt in every phase. Peyton said it best after the game, " they (SEA D) forced us into many of our mistakes."

Still no love for the SEA offense here I see. Before or after the game.

The Seattle offense scored on each possession of the first half of the SB and did not turn the ball over throughout the 2013 playoffs. Efficiency at its finest.

As for Sherman, targeted twice for two incompletions before he left with an injury.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

* Tacos sold separately

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)

One thing to take solace in- to all those who fear SEA building a juggernaut. Free agency, draft errors, and aging will diminish the roster. I can almost guarantee this roster will not get any stronger, bills come due, rookie contracts expire, 30 year olds lose their legs, coaching staffs are gutted, etc etc. The league is set up to prevent these sorts of dynastic runs, hence why we’ve only had one Superbowl repeat in the last decade. It’s almost impossible. SEA is very good, but there’s nothing magic in that building. Their team will wane like all others before.

Remember in 2010/11 when it looked like HOU was building an absolute monster of a roster. Loaded all over the place. But they ran into cap trouble, had a poor draft (it only takes one), and found out their QB couldn’t get it done. SEA will have to extend Sherman, Chancellor, E. Thomas, R. Wilson, R. Okung, C. Clemons, the list goes on. Same for DEN. It’s SO tough to build a complete roster for more than one season, the “load up” mentality almost always ends in long-term failure. So have no fear, someone will beat up on SEA next season.
    They don't have to extend Wilson yet he's still on his rookie deal I believe. So they have that for another year or two perhaps.

I mean it's not a huge window but if they can keep even a few of those guys the rest are pretty young and can stay in place for a few more years. Lynch probably only has a two years left as an elite rusher.

So Seattle has a very bright next 2-3 years here.

* Tacos sold separately

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

My bad, didn’t mean to insinuate they were going to fall apart. Though it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if they were an also-ran next year.

Broader point was that it is extraordinarily rare for teams to have sustained runs of really high level success. Mid decade colts and these Pats teams are basically it, Steelers to a lesser degree but they are now in salary cap hell with a very old and slow roster.

Wilson on rookie deal but will force team’s hand if he’s as good as some think- you don’t let your quarterback sniff the FA market unless something weird is going on. In the next season or two they’ll have major bills to pay. Percy Harvin is a total wild card on and off the field. They aren’t particularly young up front. Lynch has a lot of mileage on him. Tons of contracts to extend on defense. Roster and coaching atrophy via FA. It’s just how it works. So difficult to field really strong teams year in, year out. We’ll see what SEA can do, certainly it’s a ridiculously deep roster right now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)

LOL. Bruno Mars was honestly great though I had no idea just talented the guy is:

Click here to enlarge

* Tacos sold separately

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

* Tacos sold separately

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)

* Tacos sold separately

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)

* Tacos sold separately

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Just read this "analysis" on yahoo and can't decide whether to be upset over the complete lack of substance, or laugh at the sheer absurdity of it.

Author's premise is that owners will model their respective teams after SEA, particularly targeting- "A flurry of pass rushers. Big, athletic, long cornerbacks. Nasty toughness in the trenches. Bruising running backs. Throw-on-the-move quarterbacks. Team speed everywhere. These things will be all the rage this offseason."

Since when on earth was any of the above not viewed as a positive trait? Oh right, the days when no one wanted speed rightttt. Short, tight hipped, slow corners were all the rage back in 2010 don't you recall? I prefer my 'backs indecisive and meek at the point of attack. And a side of no pass rushers.

I want to punch that author in the face for such a ludicrous proposition. When you can win a Superbowl with a 3rd round rookie contract at QB, you can do a lot with the rest of your roster. It won't last. OK rant over. Draft time
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

* Tacos sold separately

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

* Tacos sold separately

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Those darn cheatin no good Patriots...I will say though, they got gashed against the run in '02. Tough year.

Does anyone have an interest in a 2014 Draft thread? I'm too new here to know how much people care about the NFL. This is the busy season for me so have plenty on my mind. Team specific needs, general themes at the collegiate level, positional breakdowns, strengths/weaknesses of a given class. Lots to ponder at this time of the year.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Quick food for thought: Do teams try to "model" their defenses after SEA after a very impressive win? If so, what does that really mean?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)

Does anyone have an interest in a 2014 Draft thread? I'm too new here to know how much people care about the NFL. This is the busy season for me so have plenty on my mind. Team specific needs, general themes at the collegiate level, positional breakdowns, strengths/weaknesses of a given class. Lots to ponder at this time of the year.
    I don't see any reason not to start a 2014-2015 NFL season thread and you might as well start with the draft.

* Tacos sold separately

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)

Quick food for thought: Do teams try to "model" their defenses after SEA after a very impressive win? If so, what does that really mean?
    I think it means having a defense that can play you straight up and physical. How exactly that is accomplished I have no clue.

* Tacos sold separately

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

$#@! the SEC

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910