Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    Tough to say from that video, looks the benz def has the more low end power to pull from the bmw regardless, im sure it makes a butt load more tq, but i see where the bmw falls back on the shifts.. Im sure that E has a tuned tranny? But for 700whp, gintani better re-work that car cuz its not performing on the street.

Maybe next month we can all finally get together man.. Hopefully weather gets above freezing again and no snow! I wanna see that MCT in action!

Here is a video of the same M6 vs a modded 640whp F10 M5 with DCT:
    With the M6 having more power and pull through the run, the SMG doesnt look slow, even with the F10 having a faster DCt tranny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig9euuT_5X4
    Last edited by 5soko; 02-25-2014 at 11:38 PM.
    ///M5 LCI
    "It's like the F10 is the 911 Turbo to the E60's GT3" -Pistonheads (M5 feature)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5soko Click here to enlarge
    Tough to say from that video, looks the benz def has the more low end power to pull from the bmw regardless, im sure it makes a butt load more tq, but i see where the bmw falls back on the shifts.. Im sure that E has a tuned tranny? But for 700whp, gintani better re-work that car cuz its not performing on the street.

Maybe next month we can all finally get together man.. Hopefully weather gets above freezing again and no snow! I wanna see that MCT in action!

With the M6 having more power and pull through the run, the SMG doesnt look slow, even with the F10 having a faster DCt tranny:

That's a long ass video man...
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That's a long ass video man...
    My edit time juss ran out on my post, i meant to put skip to 7:50 min mark lol.. Hate 9 min of video with 5 sec of meaningful content..
    ///M5 LCI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

My edit time juss ran out on my post, i meant to put skip to 7:50 min mark lol.. Hate 9 min of video with 5 sec of meaningful content..
    I don't even know why anyone would think that's a good idea.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes very close race and surprised the E63 was that close ! I was more interested in the shifting since we were having this conversation a while ago and thought it was cool to see in action !

Believe it or not the E63 does not have a tuned MCT .. it is tune only(ECU only no TCU tune) with filters ! Thats the point i was trying to make was that the delayed response from the paddle kind of covers up how fast this trans really does shift when you nail the shift or leave it in S+ mode.

Yea man this weather is no joke i was finally able to get the car out this weekend after being snowed in my garage for 2 weeks and it looks like we have more coming. No doubt once it gets to a reasonable temp to be doing high end mexico runs ill be hitting you up !

SMGIII is def not slow im not trying to come across as saying that I just wanted to show you that the MCT is a beast as well just have to get thru the paddle delay and get used to the shift points of each gear. Getting any more mods ready for the spring?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    Yes very close race and surprised the E63 was that close ! I was more interested in the shifting since we were having this conversation a while ago and thought it was cool to see in action !

Believe it or not the E63 does not have a tuned MCT .. it is tune only(ECU only no TCU tune) with filters ! Thats the point i was trying to make was that the delayed response from the paddle kind of covers up how fast this trans really does shift when you nail the shift or leave it in S+ mode.

Yea man this weather is no joke i was finally able to get the car out this weekend after being snowed in my garage for 2 weeks and it looks like we have more coming. No doubt once it gets to a reasonable temp to be doing high end mexico runs ill be hitting you up !

SMGIII is def not slow im not trying to come across as saying that I just wanted to show you that the MCT is a beast as well just have to get thru the paddle delay and get used to the shift points of each gear. Getting any more mods ready for the spring?
    haha yea def interesting video and topic... Yea saturday is march 1st and this weather not leaving anytime soon. I took my car out first time in like 1 month, went to times square, made noise, put her back in the garage lol. No, i got what your saying, the paddle delay will really change the perspective of the shifts. Evolve tune is on my list, and some oem M6 rims, ( lighter then M5 rims and look better) Slow modder lol What is on your list man? Your coming close to no mods left on that thing lol
    ///M5 LCI

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123