Close

Page 21 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    OMG oh no Marijuana. Clearly not performance enhancing so who gives a $#@!?
    Parents. So anyone from 25-55 with children under 18, which is a huge demographic, would give a $#@! unless they don't care if their children's roll model is a pot head. It's not like you want your kid to think they can smoke pot and be an all star athlete or successful in business. Very few people can be potheads and have a good career or play at that level.

That is all I can think of.

I mean it all comes down to money. Do you want your players to look like thugs or respectful(NBA) This is the same thing, you don't want your players abusing drugs of any sort as it could lose you viewers and therefor $$$.

I think the policy is under the guise of doing what is right but it really comes down to $$$ in the owners pockets. NFL teams are STUPIDLY profitable. Why allow anything to take away from your profits and at the same time you get to look like 'good guy' NFL the 'drug free zone'?
    Last edited by Torgus; 08-21-2014 at 11:34 AM.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Parents. So anyone from 25-55 with children under 18, which is a huge demographic, would give a $#@! unless they don't care if their children's roll model is a pot head. It's not like you want your kid to think they can smoke pot and be an all star athlete or successful in business. Very few people can be potheads and have a good career or play at that level.

That is all I can think of.

I mean it all comes down to money. Do you want your players to look like thugs or respectful(NBA) This is the same thing, you don't want your players abusing drugs of any sort as it could lose you viewers and therefor $$$.

I think the policy is under the guise of doing what is right but it really comes down to $$$ in the owners pockets. NFL teams are STUPIDLY profitable. Why allow anything to take away from your profits and at the same time you get to look like 'good guy' NFL the 'drug free zone'?
    I totally agree with you on all points except the bolded.

I'd bet money there are double digit players on our 75 man who right now, would fail a drug test. No doubt about it.

I'm speculating a bit but am confident that at least a third of NFL players routinely use recreational drugs during the season. That % rises appreciably during the off season.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There should be no penalties for weed, it's outdated.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There should be no penalties for weed, it's outdated.
    I disagree, the fact that these players cant follow basic rules no matter what the rule is, is mind-blowing.

Thats like saying, there should be no ticket for rolling stop signs, it doesn't actually hurt anyone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    I disagree, the fact that these players cant follow basic rules no matter what the rule is, is mind-blowing.

Thats like saying, there should be no ticket for rolling stop signs, it doesn't actually hurt anyone.
    They should follow the rules, yes. The rules are stupid, yes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @mantoine56 come on man...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A few more thoughts after watching the Steelers game, albeit just the TV copy live. Also re-watched the Skins game 1st half.

1. Shazier got a little too held up in the run game. If there's a flaw of his, it's his lack of bulk and arm length. Makes it tough to disengage when the maulers get their mits on him. He'll adapt, but def. something he needs to improve on.
    2. Overall, the Steelers look faster and more explosive than I've seen from them in probably half a decade. A much need infusion of youth and talent in the last two drafts.
    3. The quality of the Eagles screen game is so good. The timing, misdirection, everything...truly outstanding playcalling.
    4. If you have a package of plays designed to "get a quarterback on the field", chances are he's

A. Not very good
    B. Going to lose you games

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/08/22/cle...ensive-package

^shenanigans.

5. Backup QB has to be one of the top 25-30 most important roster spots on a team. Fans don't pay much attention but you bet your ass teams do. If your QB goes down and you lack a viable backup, you jepordize the entire franchise. See 2008 Patriots VS. 2011 Colts.
    6. Since when the hell did Mike Mitchell flash that type of range from deep center field safety? Totaly blew me away on the TV copy, i'd love to see some snaps from the 22 tape.
    7. What's up with Big Ben? He looked totally out of sorts last night. Lethargic, uninterested, just not sharp at all. Tough to know where the blame lies.
    8. The Achilles heel of the Eagles this year will be pass rush on D, and ability to separate on O. I LOVE what Chip is doing there, but I don't like their WR group in terms of ability to win vs man. Outside of Maclin they lack H/W/S.
    9. Legarrette....what are you doing bro. Knucklehead.
    10. Specific to the Pats, I heard a few nuggets in passing from a good source. Easley looks pretty ridiculous in practice when he shades inside the guard, but still has a lot of rust to knock off. Sounds like his technique is way off, which isn't surprising right now. I expect to see him on the Jamie Collins development plan. Let's see where he is come January. Dobson won't play tonight as I understand it. Gronk has looked "dominant" in 11 on 11s this week - he just started full contact.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The rules is stupid, yes.
    To you, not the nfl, see the reasons above.

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have all the coaches films available, but they take forever to process, if you want to help the subreddit with a donation r/NFLReplay I would be happy to upload the coach film.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have all the coaches films available, but they take forever to process, if you want to help the subreddit with a donation r/NFLReplay I would be happy to upload the coach film.
    I only get the 22 angle for my employer (duh), rely on charity whenever I want to scout pro film from other teams. $#@!s on the gameday side get all the tape they could ask for, but I digress.

It's awesome to have the bird's eye view yea? Totally changes what you see on the back end, particularly with regards to digesting coverage. It's almost impossible to do on the TV copy.

So if I toss you a lil contribution you can upload specific plays? If so i'd be happy to do that, maybe get a little "film room" going where we can chat specific plays more in depth. I did a bit of that with old playbook pages and people seemed to enjoy it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    To you, not the nfl, see the reasons above.
    To most people. The NFL drug policy is outdated. Hurting people over weed is idiotic. It's going to be legal everywhere soon enough and hopefully everyone realizes how stupid this crap was by then.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Payments:

1. @Sticky - PAID
    2. @Toxic 335 - PAID
    3. @135pats - PAID
    4. @mantoine56 - PAID
    5. @mjmarovi - PAID
    6. @chrisisnapping - PAID
    7. @Legionofboom - PAID
    8. open
    9. @Terry@BMS - PAID
    10. @nafoo - PAID
    11. @Group.america - PAID
    12. @rdeterman - PAID

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok everyone paid but we have one spot open.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My team looks so good, I am very happy.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    I only get the 22 angle for my employer (duh), rely on charity whenever I want to scout pro film from other teams. $#@!s on the gameday side get all the tape they could ask for, but I digress.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge

It's awesome to have the bird's eye view yea? Totally changes what you see on the back end, particularly with regards to digesting coverage. It's almost impossible to do on the TV copy.

So if I toss you a lil contribution you can upload specific plays? If so i'd be happy to do that, maybe get a little "film room" going where we can chat specific plays more in depth. I did a bit of that with old playbook pages and people seemed to enjoy it.
    PM me! Do you have an iPhone/Ipad?

To most people. The NFL drug policy is outdated. Hurting people over weed is idiotic. It's going to be legal everywhere soon enough and hopefully everyone realizes how stupid this crap was by then.
    Even when its legal everywhere employers can still have drug policies, and they should and will. If you work for the NFL you don't smoke pot, period.
    Last edited by Legionofboom; 08-22-2014 at 11:17 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bump

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would like to know my draft spot. #1 would be good that way I can get my kicker

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lets get this spot filled. If we cant get it filled soon @Sticky how about we have a BimmerBoost team that you control separate from your team. If that team wins put the money towards the site? Just an idea.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    Lets get this spot filled. If we cant get it filled soon @Sticky how about we have a BimmerBoost team that you control separate from your team. If that team wins put the money towards the site? Just an idea.
    We'll get it filled. If not, I'll just have a friend join.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    I really do like your put the money toward the site idea though. That would be sweet!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm doing my research and spending my Saturday night doing mock drafts. Be very afraid Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    regarding the whole pot thing this is a business and you have to make business decisions. The public outcry and the danger of losing just one sponsor doesn't not outweigh the profits lost by banning a few players for a few games. They got caught while driving and smoking pot, alcohol is legal, you get caught drfinking and driving w/ open containers the NFL will have the same results, if not worse right?

pats looked pretty damn good on Friday. If we can stay healthy we should go deep in the playoffs. Hell we went deep last year with major losses on both sides and 2nd and 3rd strings playing against 1st in the afc championship.

I swear football always comes at the right time, ie. after a long summer of baseball.
    Last edited by Torgus; 08-24-2014 at 09:31 AM.

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Even when its legal everywhere employers can still have drug policies, and they should and will. If you work for the NFL you don't smoke pot, period.
    That doesn't mean the policy isn't outdated or idiotic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bradford lost for the season. Not that the Rams were going to win it all but they had an outside shot at a wildcard spot. Not any longer...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Man what a shame. Bradford was such a "clean" prospect coming out for a Quarterback. Everything you want to see in terms of traits he had, and he played in a power conference. Kid can't stay healthy and it's not like he's lit the world on fire when he has been.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It is a shame about Bradford. Seems like he never reached his potential. Not writing him off but after two ACL's... man.

Page 21 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast