Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MPACT East coming July 12, 2014 - BMW, European, and Exotic 1/2 mile side by side racing, car show, and high performance driving event

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's already been roll on events on the East Coast, in fact there's one the day after being rescheduled from April 5th
    No way...pm me a link to such events.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I have A gopro at the moment, but yea there will be plenty of vids from me
    How much HP are you or you think you are putting down?....to the wheels of course.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    There's already been roll on events on the East Coast, in fact there's one the day after being rescheduled from April 5th
    That's it though, right? There is the RO2RO and then Mpact the day after. Something in LI or central - north NJ would be great
    Turbo S - FBO
    Tuned Audi s6 11.461@120.34 sold
    86mph @ 17psi MoTeC powered Seadoo RXTX

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecpchris Click here to enlarge
    That's it though, right? There is the RO2RO and then Mpact the day after. Something in LI or central - north NJ would be great
    ha be greatful its that close to you...Im all the way down here in NC. 700miles to the event for me...

Mpact and RO2RO are literally back to back and at the same location...only difference is idk why anyone would ever do RO2RO...its $100 more and on a friday...and spectating is $50....F that. Wait till the next day and save $100 and spectating is like $15-25 i think i read....and there is a ton more to do....

There is something down here in GA but its not roll on racing and they start from a dig and go 1/2mile....GAY...as I have zero traction until ~65mph

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I was originally set to do RO2RO earlier in the month but since they changed it to Friday in July, I can no longer attend due to work obligation. I'm really trying to go to this, but hope some or all of the cars from RO2RO can make it so it's interesting. There were some heavy hitters slated for that
    Turbo S - FBO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Fireball9298 Click here to enlarge
    ha be greatful its that close to you...Im all the way down here in NC. 700miles to the event for me...

Mpact and RO2RO are literally back to back and at the same location...only difference is idk why anyone would ever do RO2RO...its $100 more and on a friday...and spectating is $50....F that. Wait till the next day and save $100 and spectating is like $15-25 i think i read....and there is a ton more to do....

There is something down here in GA but its not roll on racing and they start from a dig and go 1/2mile....GAY...as I have zero traction until ~65mph
    What kind of car do you have btw?
    Turbo S - FBO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What kind of car do you have btw?
    Not a heavy hitter by this sites standards. I'm in a BT GTI. I could have taken down your S6 judging by your trap. I should be able to take down Evolve Supercharged M3's after a few more modifications I have in the mail but thats pretty much my limit I think.

I'm just hoping to surprise people. I know I def wont win em all...but hopefully some.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Not a heavy hitter by this sites standards. I'm in a BT GTI. I could have taken down your S6 judging by your trap. I should be able to take down Evolve Supercharged M3's after a few more modifications I have in the mail but thats pretty much my limit I think.

I'm just hoping to surprise people. I know I def wont win em all...but hopefully some.
    Come to the event and see... there are cars there with over 1k hp and cars like mine. There is also another evolve sc m3 pushing more power than mine. I have the base kit. 600 HP at the flywheel. I haven't dynoed my car yet as its still at the shop.

Evolve Supercharged ///M3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Come to the event and see... there are cars there with over 1k hp and cars like mine. There is also another evolve sc m3 pushing more power than mine. I have the base kit. 600 HP at the flywheel. I haven't dynoed my car yet as its still at the shop.
    Any evolve kit is beast...i started looking into them after I saw your sig. If I can get my 2.0L to beat out your 4.0L Supercharged V8...it will be the most epic accomplishment ever for me. As of right now I can leave you from a 60mph roll and then you run me down and go by me easy anything north of 115mph.....I cant handle that big V8 in the upper speeds...hoping a few more modifications will even out the playing field...or at least prevent you from catching me that much longer until hopefully the 1/2mile mark.....we will see tho...I gotta get the stuff working first and thats a whole other story.

Make sure and come say hi regardless...it will be easier for you to find me seeing as how I will prob be the only GTI there...LOL its black in case there is also a white one there that makes me look stock...fastest one in the U.S.....which still isnt a heavy hitter compared to most people here...lol

Have you been to this before? Are you able to beat people? or are you bottom of the food chain and are lucky to win one? God I hope im not one of the slowest people there....what a waste that would be...wonder what the Avg HP car will be....
    Last edited by Fireball9298; 04-24-2014 at 03:00 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

@Fireball9298 have you done any roll racing before?
    There will be cars in all different hp levels. I'll try to get my brother in law with k04 DSG to go. Would be good competition unless you have the big turbo in the mail
    Turbo S - FBO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

RO2RO is donating the proceeds to Paul Walker's charity and is also offering drinks all day with a catered lunch. PLUS there's a lot wider variety of competition, not just Euros.

North NJ/NYC is a bad area, there just isn't a good "space" to so these kinds of events. Airports usually feature these kinda of events, and there's no way you can rent JFK, Newark or LaGuardia
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

@Fireball9298 have you done any roll racing before?
    There will be cars in all different hp levels. I'll try to get my brother in law with k04 DSG to go. Would be good competition unless you have the big turbo in the mail
    No, I have never been bc I am on the east coast and they dont do that around here. At least anywhere close to NC...This one at Pocono is the closest I have ever heard of and its why im so excited to do it!

Thats good to know that there will be a wide variety of hp levels there. I def shouldnt be near the bottom if thats the case. I left the k04 behind along time ago. BT is already on the car, I need more than that to stay ahead of Supercharged V8 haha. k04 on our cars is awesome tho, best bang for your buck for sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Im going, to both. I just ordered the Harrop S/C for my E90 manual M3. Hopefully we have it installed in time. Ill run N/A if its not charged by then. The idea i like, is that friday its very diverse crowd so i can compete against every type of car out there even though Ill be one of the slower cars, but Mpact i get to hopefully smack around the fastest BMWs and take home a title/be one of if not the fastest

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1641 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LockedUp Click here to enlarge
    I just ordered the Harrop S/C for my E90 manual M3
    No kidding! Congratulations @LockedUp.

I didn't think it was ready?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Its not for public release yet, ill be datalogging to refine the tune, i hope its everything its been touted as. i was going to go with ESS, but figured id try something different

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1641 Post(s)

Its not for public release yet, ill be datalogging to refine the tune, i hope its everything its been touted as. i was going to go with ESS, but figured id try something different
    When is it coming in? Will you be doing pics of the install? Baseline dyno? Before/after, etc.?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Its a sponsored car, so everything has been taken care of. When we have the greenlight to post details, they will be made public

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1641 Post(s)

Its a sponsored car, so everything has been taken care of. When we have the greenlight to post details, they will be made public
    I was hoping to get the details early.

It's been a while since I've seen the kit no doubt they have refined it quite a bit. Good luck and looking forward to the end result!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1641 Post(s)

^ There we go!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Tracking number emailed today, we shall see! I want to crush the vortech/rotrex fagboys that think they are fast!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Can we see some pics to make it more interesting Click here to enlarge

Tracking number emailed today, we shall see! I want to crush the vortech/rotrex fagboys that think they are fast!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I cant release any info until Harrop says so, im sure they wont mind a few teasers though.

I wish I could have just bought the kit from the guy in NY that had it at Bimmerfest and swapped it for an ESS, would have made everything easier

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Registration is now open @ www.mpacteast.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1641 Post(s)

^ bumpers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast