Close

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 319
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    109,334
    Rep Points
    27,195.3
    Mentioned
    1836 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    272


    2 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    Why is it ok for blacks to be racist? Larry Johnson calls for all black professional basketball league in wake of Sterling fiasco

    Donald Sterling is obviously an idiot but he is an old man detached from our current politically correct climate who grew up in a generation with completely different ideals that is slowly dying out. You can't change him and you won't change him.

    What I don't understand is, if it's ok for the media to destroy him for being a racist old rich white man why are black men not held to the same standard? Larry Johnson who is involved with the Knicks called for African Americans to form an all black league specifically excluding whites.

    Combating racism with racism makes sense? Will anyone in the media care? Will any black leaders condemn a black racist?

    Does anyone else think these double standards are insane? If we truly condemn racism should the race of the person making the racist comments matter? Racism should be racism period. Not just when it's a white man.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,036
    Rep Points
    1,431.4
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    "The underlying organisational principle of mankind is to engage in WAR on those different from himself" from Sun Tzu......... ie RACISM....

    Mate, I have seen racism/bigotry everywhere I have lived, some directed agianst me which I have laughed off.... be it in Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, San Pedro Sula, Utilla, Casblanca, MALI, Sydney, London, NY, Southampton, Budapest, Las Vegas, New Orleans, Dallas, Tokyo............ plus 20 other places

    My mother in law is a NAZI holocaust survivor and she loves everyone, go figure

    If you are different you stand out

    I found the worst places for biggotry were Japan, the Middle East + The Mahgreb

    Americans overall are nice, tolerant people (overall I SAY)
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    109,334
    Rep Points
    27,195.3
    Mentioned
    1836 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    272



    Reputation: Yes | No
    I for sure think Americans for the most part are tolerant but I just don't get how it's only bad to be racist if you are white. If you say anything racist against someone of lighter skin the media just lets it slide.

    It should be the same standard for everyone.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,036
    Rep Points
    1,431.4
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I for sure think Americans for the most part are tolerant but I just don't get how it's only bad to be racist if you are white. If you say anything racist against someone of lighter skin the media just lets it slide.

    It should be the same standard for everyone.
    I agree but really put it in perspective... my missus worked at a "White Shoe" Wall ST firm, Kidder Peabody, they loved her until they found out she was 100% Jewish... the traders would circle her and try to push her towards the ovens in the kitchen cracking jokes... that is real heart felt racism versus.....

    Myself - I lived in Morocco and because they thought I was "English", sometimes they gave me a hard time... same thing maybe, same effect NO WAY..

    do you get the difference... so now imagine you are a black USA kid who has been given sheet all his life as well as his MUM and ESPECIALLY his grandma and you get some power... maybe you give it back to some whites, just for the sake of it..... I think that is understandable

    MY motto as my late Grandma used to say

    "Treat everyone well.... especially those who don't give you the same courtesy"
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,036
    Rep Points
    1,431.4
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Sorry drinking some Mollydooker and am a bit effed up
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    82
    Rep Points
    64.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    It was always like that lately. If a gang of different race people beat someone up, it is ok, but if white people do that now they are racist. I've never seen any other race than "white" charged for racism. There are racists on all sides of the fence, but whites are always the easiest to blame.

    As for US overall picture looks great until people start talking, and then it is not as pretty anymore as the media portrays.

    Think about gays / lesbians, if you say you do not support them then you are portrayed as the "bad" guy.

    That's why if you have a bad employee who is a different race than most in the office, companies do nothing as firing might lead to "discrimination" lawsuits.

    I'm not sure if it is true, but I heard that most firms have racial "quotas / ratios" to fill, so they might take a less qualified "minority" in order to get that ratio, even though he might not be the most qualified candidate.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    109,334
    Rep Points
    27,195.3
    Mentioned
    1836 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    272



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    they loved her until they found out she was 100% Jewish... the traders would circle her and try to push her towards the ovens in the kitchen cracking jokes...
    WTF kind of joke is that?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    109,334
    Rep Points
    27,195.3
    Mentioned
    1836 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    272



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry drinking some Mollydooker and am a bit effed up
    Not a problem. I'm about to open up a Scotch and enjoy this ridiculously good weather.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,036
    Rep Points
    1,431.4
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    litxus - excellent points, most of my mates are gay, my missus' business partners r gay... my best friend's 2 BOYS = gay... I call them Poofters, they call each other fags... but if I was say a MOVIE STAR like..... I dunno like SAY Mel Gibson and I used the same terms I would be called a biggot...... and my career would die..

    I have a very good mate in NYC, a career gay guy with AIDS, a Republican and one of the 1st people ever diagnosed with HIV who is still alive... he calls it how he sees it as do I....

    BTW my gay mates call each other fags... but if we do that it is P.IC

    What I do not understand in America is when someone calls me an $#@! why the other $#@!s in the world are not offended and don't support me
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,036
    Rep Points
    1,431.4
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WTF kind of joke is that?
    No joke, my missus is a very attractive lady... the traders there loved her until someone in HR did snooping and told the boss she was a Jew... then they cracked oven jokes, torture jokes, you name it... this is real... I used to be a Wall Streeter.......they can be really cruel

    Kidder Peabody was the WASPIEST of waspy firms.. thank god a brother blew them up (Joe Jett)... = revenge

    On the other hand my mother in law worked for a Japanese firm and they all loved her.....
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,560
    Rep Points
    1,999.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No joke, my missus is a very attractive lady... the traders there loved her until someone in HR did snooping and told the boss she was a Jew... then they cracked oven jokes, torture jokes, you name it... this is real... I used to be a Wall Streeter.......they can be really cruel

    Kidder Peabody was the WASPIEST of waspy firms.. thank god a brother blew them up (Joe Jett)... = revenge
    That's messed up. Pushing people towards an oven, and calling them names is a whole different league. Usually for these things, it's the context of what happened that matters, but for something like that? I can't see one possible valid "reason" for a group of people to push another towards an oven. Maybe in a movie?

    I mean, that's just crazy. Assuming this was a long time ago? These days, I would imagine one would own the company after something like that happening.

    --

    I agree with the saying above - and it's sums the whole issue/oddity/media nonsense up in a few words "it should be the same for everyone" - if one ethnic group is regularly/constantly plastered in the media, it almost "forces" the issue to become worse than it should. In other words, it just makes people riled up and pissed off.

    Sensationalism in our news needs to go - simply because it's not news anymore. It's sad.
    Last edited by inlineS54B32; 04-28-2014 at 08:01 PM. Reason: now vs. not news

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Points
    865.3
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No joke, my missus is a very attractive lady... the traders there loved her until someone in HR did snooping and told the boss she was a Jew... then they cracked oven jokes, torture jokes, you name it... this is real...
    i would have started pulling out lawsuits and ruining their lives
    Click here to enlarge



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    6500ft ASL
    Posts
    696
    Rep Points
    1,297.4
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    The ironic thing is he was scheduled to receive an award from the NAACP...

    -Rich
    E90 LCI 335i Black Sapphire (his)
    COBB/PTF proTUNE/Alpina/BMS Drop-in/PSS/Blizzak
    L322 Range Rover Java Black (hers)
    1969 Opel Gt Strato Blue (storage)
    2016 Golf R Lapiz Blue (waiting to order)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    109,334
    Rep Points
    27,195.3
    Mentioned
    1836 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    272



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The ironic thing is he was scheduled to receive an award from the NAACP...

    -Rich
    Kind of proves awards are bull$#@!.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    720
    Rep Points
    610.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    The weird thing Sterling is Jewish and should know about racism. But one thing I did not know and what Sterling said is black people are treated like dogs in Israel. Go figure. I am still bummed at what the settlers and US Army did to the Native Americans.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    705
    Rep Points
    556.5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    The more you talk about it, the more you feed into it. Racism is still alive, he just so happened to be a millionaire a few people know of.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

    Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    53
    Rep Points
    102.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    We are ALL apart of the human race. One race. There are many different ethnic backgrounds and cultures. I guess that might just be my pet peeve though, as that has always bothered me.
    i believe the media perpetuates racism. By constantly keeping bad Apples and other rascist scenarios in the spotlight, the public will never truely move on completely. My .02

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,140
    Rep Points
    1,769.5
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Reputation: Yes | No
    You could add this to the long list of other things that are ass backwards.... Like the continued use of the "N" word, but look at most rap songs and the comprise about 1/2 the lyrics.


    We live in a hyper sensitive world & people really need to move beyond it. While there are constant efforts to make everyone "equally" accepted (specifically in the workplace), you're always going to have people who hate/dislike/disgusted by people of other races, religions, gender, sexual orientations, etc etc etc. Is it right? No, humanity deserves a better world. Is it realistic to force people to accept and love everyone, hell no.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Points
    865.3
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You could add this to the long list of other things that are ass backwards.... Like the continued use of the "N" word, but look at most rap songs and the comprise about 1/2 the lyrics.
    the funny thing is rap is my music genre, i go around singin lyrics to Gucci's songs all day along with a bunch of other rappers in front of black guys and they don't give a $#@!, it really just depends on the situation on the racism front. like i think a white guy would be more offended by hearing me sing those lyrics than a black guy, honestly.



    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We live in a hyper sensitive world & people really need to move beyond it. While there are constant efforts to make everyone "equally" accepted (specifically in the workplace), you're always going to have people who hate/dislike/disgusted by people of other races, religions, gender, sexual orientations, etc etc etc. Is it right? No, humanity deserves a better world. Is it realistic to force people to accept and love everyone, hell no.
    the only reason why people like us understand this is because of our excessive exposure to 4chan
    Click here to enlarge



  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    53
    Rep Points
    102.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Rules 1 and 2 newfriend

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    109,334
    Rep Points
    27,195.3
    Mentioned
    1836 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    272



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You could add this to the long list of other things that are ass backwards.... Like the continued use of the "N" word, but look at most rap songs and the comprise about 1/2 the lyrics.


    We live in a hyper sensitive world & people really need to move beyond it. While there are constant efforts to make everyone "equally" accepted (specifically in the workplace), you're always going to have people who hate/dislike/disgusted by people of other races, religions, gender, sexual orientations, etc etc etc. Is it right? No, humanity deserves a better world. Is it realistic to force people to accept and love everyone, hell no.
    If you feel it's backwards then I wonder why you neg repped my post that is saying people should all be held to the same standard and not judged based on color. Weird.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Posts
    2,657
    Rep Points
    2,079.1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Only if I could tell you guys my story.....unfortunately cant be said for a long time to come.

    I cant stand racists. They forget we are all the same and eat and $#@! the same. Losers
    Click here to enlarge



    EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    109,334
    Rep Points
    27,195.3
    Mentioned
    1836 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    272



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only if I could tell you guys my story.....unfortunately cant be said for a long time to come.
    Y?

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Posts
    2,657
    Rep Points
    2,079.1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Y?
    Haha one day my friend. One day.

    Any way I would rather keep it in the past and move on and try to make a positive impact.
    Click here to enlarge



    EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    109,334
    Rep Points
    27,195.3
    Mentioned
    1836 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    272



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha one day my friend. One day.

    Any way I would rather keep it in the past and move on and try to make a positive impact.
    I respect that.

    Can we work on our roll on race event now? I'm thinking of calling it the Gulf Cup.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •