Close

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    Sterling's family is suing the GF for approx. $1.2 mill. to recoup the gifts/jewelery he gave her.
    Apparently he bought her a duplex too. Hustling an old man, that's all this is:

Rochelle Sterling's lawsuit claims Stiviano met Sterling at the 2010 Super Bowl.
    Since then, the pair have been in a relationship and Stiviano has received a Ferrari, two Bentleys and a Range Rover from the Clippers' owner, the lawsuit alleges. The vehicles are worth more than $500,000 according to the suit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

I think this is becoming more clear now. Sterling calls her up and tells her to stop posting pictures of herself with other men as he feels it insults him. He gives her a Ferrari and tons of money and feels that she is disrespecting him.

Sterling's comments are obviously way out of line but there's another bad guy here that is being ignored. What a joke.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why isn't Isiah Thomas banned for life? Sexually harassed a woman in the workplace costing the Knicks 10+ million, made racist comments, wtf?

Sterling is the only racist in the NBA?

Magic Johnson is preaching morality? How did he contract HIV? My living morally and being faithful?

Once they start throwing stones...
    Kobe Bryant anally raped a girl in Colorado.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The more I read, the more I think this is going to blow up in the NBA's face. How could there be due process so quickly?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    Clearly racist comments made in private by rich old white men are worse than rape, duh.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Clearly racist comments made in private by rich old white men are worse than rape, duh.
    Watch them show that she tried to extort him also...which is a crime.

Anyone else notice how she gave him juice and called him honey and baby right in the middle of it before continuing with the line of questioning? Again, the guy is a sleaze, but this just seems like a setup.

Most of the media are total hypocrites also. Why don't we take a poll of all the white anchors on ESPN and ask them if it would date a white woman that also dates black men. How about we poll them to see if any of them have ever used the word "$#@!" in a derogatory way?

I like what Stephen A Smith said (this specific thing; not everything) which is that most people don't actually give a $#@! about racism, they just see a public spectacle and an easy target, so they want to get a shot in...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

It was like she was reading from a script.

I don't like most of what Stephen A Smith says as he is just a loudmouth making an issue of everything but he's right in this particular instance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I am African American and I for one think think the nba's decision is excessive and completely out of order! they over charged the crime and this will blow up in there face. Sterling is obviously a racist crabby old $#@! but he has that right. I just can't see how any conduct policy can stretch to something you do or say at home that breaks no laws. Then the nba has never fined or suspended him so this is a first offense, doesn't matter what his background is. This will NEVER stand up in court

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

guys take into account that Sterling has been a thorn in the NBA's side for the longest time, they were literally LOOKING for an excuse to get rid of him. i wouldn't be surprised if this $#@! that screwed him over was paid to do this as an inside job.. lol NBA conspiracy

all the gratuities she took from him in their "relationship" was just a greedy bonus
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

...I bet it is not going to turn out as peachy as everyone thinks...
    Bingo. This is going to get really ugly, really fast.

-Rich
    E90 LCI 335i Black Sapphire (his)
    COBB/PTF proTUNE/Alpina/BMS Drop-in/PSS/Blizzak
    L322 Range Rover Java Black (hers)
    1969 Opel Gt Strato Blue (storage)
    2016 Golf R Lapiz Blue (waiting to order)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

This is the craziest $#@! since the NBA shadow-banned Jordan for gambling : P

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Great op-ed by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar:

http://toprightnews.com/?p=2777

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

did you guys see Oprah's response to the guy?

"all i have to say is we're all off the plantation now"

but the way she said it. like i'm in love with oprah right now.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Oprah is a waste of oxygen.

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I was trying to explain the situation to my wife and friend who had no context. I said, I think the guy does love black people...the way a "nice" plantation owner loved his slaves.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Living in South Africa, I really know racism. Here, we have a black government, that has instituted laws to protect the majority of the country, who are black, against the minority, who are white.

We have racial quotas and ratios in everything. We have recently had the minister of sports say, they want to implement a 60% black quota in all sports teams - no offence intended, but there's no way we can 60% black swimmers.

Another example is in business, the government has a program called BBBEE, which is Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment. It was supposed to give the previously disadvantaged a chance to get into business, however the laws are $#@!ing stupid. You have to give 51% of your company to a black, bearing in mind that the guy probably has no experience on running a company. What usually happens, is the black guy is now getting a fat pay cheque, and does $#@! all for the company. Then, depending on your BBBEE rating, you can apply for government contracts, and again, what happens, is the black companies get the job, not because their pricing was great (they are allowed by law to be up to 30% more expensive than a 100% white owned company), and it's not because they are known in the industry for great service, they get the contract just on the basis of being black, and more times than not, it's their buddy who is handling the tender process and he's getting a kick back. It's just a way to make black, coloureds, indians with connections in the government, very rich people.

The problem that the government has created for blacks in this country, is if you see a black driving an expensive car, your automatic response is that he/ she didn't really earn the money to drive that car, it's only because they are black and are BBBEE. We even have certain cars that are labelled as "BBBEE Cars", because of the blacks that drive them. I was looking at purchasing a range rover, and my mates were giving me $#@! about it, because it's a BBBEE car.

Also, another point about BBBEE, is white people, who were very knowledgeable about their job, were retrenched and replaced with black people. We have had so much $#@! with our power companies, for example, that the government has tried to head hunt the previous white person, to come back and take up the old position.

The government has really $#@!ed things up for blacks in this country.

I'm not anti-black, I'm just pro-white. If all other races can be proud of themselves, why shouldn't white people?

We have elections on 7 May 2014, and regardless of who comes to power, I already have a plan for an exit strategy from SA. I'm looking at maybe another 5 years here, and then my family and I are getting the $#@! out. We will probably live in another country, but continue to do business with South African companies.

I've been to the UK, and although it's a decent country, I can't handle the weather, I love the sun too much. My next country to visit will be the US.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Apparently he bought her a duplex too. Hustling an old man, that's all this is:

Rochelle Sterling's lawsuit claims Stiviano met Sterling at the 2010 Super Bowl.
    Since then, the pair have been in a relationship and Stiviano has received a Ferrari, two Bentleys and a Range Rover from the Clippers' owner, the lawsuit alleges. The vehicles are worth more than $500,000 according to the suit.
    yeah but she and her fat fook lawyer have NO IDEA how the media goty hold of her secretly taped conversation.... once a CxxT HO, always a CxxT HO
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Sports teams pay off people all the time... my beloved football club in Australia had a very shocking case 15 odd years ago where 2-3 players raped a young woman repeatedly, beat the sheet out of her to within inches of her life and got totally off ... the club paid the girl's family off..

I personally know of one MAJOR A+ list sports star in NY who was caught with a 15 year old (as per the Kobe story/s) as well as some other naughty stuff... not one peep from the media insiders who knew or other players... only his big mouth cousin let it slip

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Adrenacide - I ran trading at Rand Merchant Bank in Australia (indirectly for Paul Harris) back in the day when he was getting his money out of South Africa... all my friends in Sydney and Perth and at my daughters school were White South Africans... still my favorite people to his day... no bs, just straight shooters (American men are nos 2)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Kind of proves awards are bull$#@!.
    Agreed. If you buy a table or sponsor an event at the gold level, you could atten in sh?t stained drawers and become the man/ woman of the year?

Having said that, the NAACP has some 'splainin' to do!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Kobe did'nt rape anyone or did I miss a conviction?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

What I don't understand is, if it's ok for the media to destroy him for being a racist old rich white man why are black men not held to the same standard? Larry Johnson who is involved with the Knicks called for African Americans to form an all black league specifically excluding .....
    you mean Larry Johnson the former Knick great? Why would the press destroy this guy, no power no money, faded glory...eh...no story there...move along.

I think the distinction you are missing in this case is the power held by Sterling. Poor timing for him to have all this be public knowledge less then a week after the Cliven Bundy video tape.

Bundy no power, dollars, influence....... He's a racist and shall not be mentioned again.
    Sterling power, dollars, influence.....He's a racist and we are gonna take his sh?t.

I guarantee you that if Don Thompson, the CEO of McDonald's said all non-blacks were devils, they would take his sh?t.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

BTW anyone else see that the idiot who threw a banana on the field near Football (European) star Danny Alves was arrested today !

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
    Great op-ed by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar:

http://toprightnews.com/?p=2777

-Rich
    I have to say I just gained tremendous respect for Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yage202 Click here to enlarge
    you mean Larry Johnson the former Knick great? Why would the press destroy this guy, no power no money, faded glory...eh...no story there...move along.

I think the distinction you are missing in this case is the power held by Sterling. Poor timing for him to have all this be public knowledge less then a week after the Cliven Bundy video tape.

Bundy no power, dollars, influence....... He's a racist and shall not be mentioned again.
    Sterling power, dollars, influence.....He's a racist and we are gonna take his sh?t.

I guarantee you that if Don Thompson, the CEO of McDonald's said all non-blacks were devils, they would take his sh?t.
    Of course you are right it is due to who Sterling is but should the person's stature really change the tone or position? Obviously it does but it shouldn't.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast