Close

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vtknight Click here to enlarge
    This is quite sad. I had thought that this type of discussion is reserved just for the GTR community - but I guess not.
    There are so many things that go into shops creating modifications at this level - the R&D, testing and finding willing customers to go through the journey with you is not easy. When people state - "I bought the same package and I am not exactly at the same level as the one so and so used for the record" - that is silly to me.
    It is extremely difficult to match a record as so many factors come into play when racing a car - again especially at this level. It is so easy to tear down these companies - but its usually because people have no idea what goes into them to make packages at this level.

What should be appreciated is that these types of shops exist at all. Oh yes - they make money - but the "extreme" crowd is thin to few so developing all-out packages to break records is not the best business plan in most cases. Many - including JR - work with shops like Weistec to do this because they love to go fast and push boundaries. The time and money is astonishing to develop these upgrades (and tunes).

It IS better just to give some props then try to break these guys down.

In the end it is very simple;

Do your due diligence - if you feel the products are not worth the money - don't buy them - if you do - enjoy.

For the people like myself, Sticky and JR cart - we need these companies to exist so we can pursue our passion.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
    Bingo - my point exactly. Nice write-up.

-Rich
    I have no problem with what they do and how they do it and I have given them props from the beginning of this thread on their accomplishments and the work that went into building this car. I just don't think that it is right to say that they did it using stock components when it did not happen that way. Why not say what was used to do it and let people appreciate what it is. Do not tell everyone that it was done with a stock transmission when it was not.

JR's last posts that he made were well written and I completely agree with what he says. I respect the time, money and effort that goes into his builds and I will respect a fast car that was built using any components to go fast regardless of what those parts were. I won't respect someone telling me that they did it using factory Mercedes parts when that is not how it was done.

This is a forum where people come to talk about cars and the forum is made up of people that want to know more about these cars. If you are going to post in a Mercedes forum about a fast mercedes people are going to want to know more. People are also going to be critical and want to take part in the conversation and people are going to want to gain knowledge about the cars that they follow. NOBODY wants to be misled and when I read some of the things here I feel like people must think that were fools and I don't want to feel this way.

It is true that i do not have the money to do what JR and Earl does. Does that mean I should STFU like some people are saying if I can't afford it? I come here to have fun and spread the little experience that my small wallet can afford me. Is it because I am not in the 1% that I shouldn't be able to participate in a public forum? Is that the reason that i should not have any knowledge on what it takes to make a car go fast?

Do you really think it is fair to make claims that are untrue? I don't want the wool pulled over my eyes just because I don't have the money to do what others do. I still want to know, that's why I participate in these forums.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaliBenz Click here to enlarge
    It is true that i do not have the money to do what JR and Earl does. Does that mean I should STFU like some people are saying if I can't afford it? I come here to have fun and spread the little experience that my small wallet can afford me. Is it because I am not in the 1% that I shouldn't be able to participate in a public forum? Is that the reason that i should not have any knowledge on what it takes to make a car go fast?
    I see your point and my point is definitely not that you should keep your mouth shut because you don't have the money of a JR or Earl - I don't either. My point is anyone spending that much money is going to do their due diligence to see if that investment is worth what they get in return - there isn't any point in the rest of us arguing with them over what they've had done (or we think they've had done). If you were about to drop the $$$$ to do what they did, and Weistec was telling you a different story than what you know JR or Earl have had done, then I'd totally see you being upset. But much like me, you probably aren't one of the handful doing that, so why argue with JR and Earl about it?

-Rich
    2010 E90 LCI 335i Black Sapphire (his)
    COBB/PTF proTUNE/Alpina/BMS Drop-in/PSS/Blizzak
    2016 Acura MDX SH-AWD Graphite Luster Metallic (hers)
    1969 Opel Gt Strato Blue (storage)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @CaliBenz

Please show me your specific evidence that the claims are untrue. To say 'I heard' means nothing.
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    @CaliBenz

Please show me your specific evidence that the claims are untrue. To say 'I heard' means nothing.

Earl,

I think the best thing you can do at this point is drop the subject like everyone else has done. It will go away and you can stop taking offense to every post in this thread. Maybe you are not getting the JR set up from Weistec in your car, maybe you don't plan to go as fast as him so you don't need those parts and that is why you think it's stock, who knows.

The bottom line is I think everyones ready to move on at this point but you just keep bringing all this back up again. The truth is out and it's over for everyone, no big deal. We can respect everything for one it is and it's a really fast car.

I don'y really know why you are on here all the time anyway. If I was flying all over the world to meet with my yacht in exotic locales, the last thing I would be doing is spending all this time on a message forum talking about Mercedes transmissions. You should take pictures of all the supermodels that you are banging on your yacht and post them in the NSFW section, let me get involved in that post.

Stop being delusional that this is really an important part of your life, you shouldn't even be thing about this stuff. If I were you I would put a clutch in the car with a real transmission and go 7's and really step up the game. For now, enjoy your life of traveling on a private jet and meeting your yacht at different ports in exotic places.

I don't think there are to many people around here that are interested in hearing you making bets for your car and whining like a little spoiled 5 year old kid on these threads. I don't want to bet you for your car, I don't need to bet you for your car, you're not really kidding anyone on here anymore about this. The only person you may be kidding is yourself. I hate to sound so harsh but that's how it is.

If you show up with a Mercedes transmission in the car, you won't be going that fast. JR has stepped up the bar and I think it's time for your to do the same. He used a GM tranny, what are you gonna use, you can put something in your car that's better than that, right?

I hope you send me the link to the pictures of the supermodels, I'm actually looking forward to reading that thread. Just do me a favor and make sure theirs no tranny's in the pictures Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Race me. Do we have a race?
    is this race/bet between you and JRcart going to happen 18-19 july?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

@CaliBenz where has @JRCART confirmed using a GM box?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    @CaliBenz

Again, you offer no proof just rumour.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am not a MB car guy, but there are some serious fast Weistec cars coming out. I don't care what transmission is being used (it is none of my business), but I do like transparency. So, for the record, is JR using stock MB trans or GM? Just to clear the air.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

and for the record if it is a GM trans, awesome. if it's a benz trans, awesome.

no harm no foul but transperancy is nice
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by daytonaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Doesn't look like it and I don't think either of our cars are ready at this moment.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    @Weistec please confirm or deny the use of an aftermarket, non-mercedes transmission.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

4 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    LOL. All my neg. reps are coming from a few MB pussies. Sorry your panties are in a bunch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M5 253 Click here to enlarge
    @Weistec please confirm or deny the use of an aftermarket, non-mercedes transmission.
    I have no idea if a completely different transmission was used for the Weistec record - but I can tell you I wouldn't be surprised that any transmission at this power level were made up of completely aftermarket components - they are for my car (gears, supporting trans pieces like circlips and of course the entire clutch). For many builds it's an important part of the modification path (especially for a DCT).

This is also an important part of the R&D.

Weistec may also not want to let their competition know how they modified the MB trans either. It's a poor way to give your hard-earned knowledge away.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by daytonaM3 Click here to enlarge
    No, I just flew in from Vegas this moring
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaliBenz Click here to enlarge
    Earl,

If you show up with a Mercedes transmission in the car, you won't be going that fast. JR has stepped up the bar and I think it's time for your to do the same. He used a GM tranny, what are you gonna use, you can put something in your car that's better than that, right?
    How much are you willing to wager?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Doesn't look like it and I don't think either of our cars are ready at this moment.
    Sticky, my car is ready and has been ready. That being said it will be going down for a few weeks for another injection of Weistec HP Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    How much are you willing to wager?
    I'm not sure what the bet is for but seeing how this has mostly been about the transmission, I will make a wager for you.

I bet you that you cannot go quick (the times like you have already done) with the factory transmission that comes with your car. The transmission does not need to be stock, it needs to be a factory unit. I will bet you $500.00 that you can't do that, does that sound like a fair bet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Bumping for answers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Sticky, my car is ready and has been ready. That being said it will be going down for a few weeks for another injection of Weistec HP Click here to enlarge
    That's fine let me know when it's back up mine should be ready to go by then. I don't know why it already isn't I have to make some calls.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any update?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

4 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M5 253 Click here to enlarge
    Any update?
    Yes, I just got neg. rep. again by another MB pussy. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    Yes, I just got neg. rep. again by another MB pussy. Click here to enlarge
    hah me too. well i guess thats why i got more

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @CaliBenz

your right. I don't like to send pics but might make a partial exception
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

4 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nice run and congrats.
    Tune only 60-130: 8.57
    Tune only 1/4 mile record: 11.531 @ 122.12

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Has @Weistec ever commented on this? I keep getting neggd so obviously people are still butthurt.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast