Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

'05 STI GT30R pump gas vs. '04 evo 8 GT30R race gas

Here is a video that i made with a guy i ran into on the I-5 raceway Click here to enlarge We actually ran into eachother at a car meet and decided we needed to go do a couple pulls, so we did! Anyways yes, i already know i lost, you dont need to tell me Click here to enlarge. I dont have a problem winning or losing, i just like to race, i dont lose often, but occasionally i do. Now that i have a race gas map though it hasnt happened yet Click here to enlarge But anyways on to the video!

video:

thanks for watching!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Surprised the EVO was so strong.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah race gas makes BIG difference as im sure you know.. especially when its 91 vs. 100+octanes on forced induction cars.. Its basically like steroids or a shot of nitrous when running race gas on a forced induction car when you raise the boost. He was running around 26psi i believe. Fast car though no doubt! Wish he still had it id love to race him now that i have a race gas map, back then i didnt, i literally had just gotten the turbo kit the week before this race.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stimo Click here to enlarge
    Yeah race gas makes BIG difference as im sure you know.. especially when its 91 vs. 100+octanes on forced induction cars.. Its basically like steroids or a shot of nitrous when running race gas on a forced induction car when you raise the boost. He was running around 26psi i believe. Fast car though no doubt! Wish he still had it id love to race him now that i have a race gas map, back then i didnt, i literally had just gotten the turbo kit the week before this race.
    For whatever reason I forgot you were on pump and he was on race, yes, that will make a huge difference. I remember when we ran on pump vs. race, I saw it first hand.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    For whatever reason I forgot you were on pump and he was on race, yes, that will make a huge difference. I remember when we ran on pump vs. race, I saw it first hand.
    oh yeah i forgot i got a run in with you one time when i was running my 110 map i believe, may have been my c1 map but not sure, anyways yes BIG difference, was like a 3 car length difference just to 100 no?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    even if you were on race gas if you guys have the same turbo,on the same boost the evo just flows more and makes more power...

4g63>ej25

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    even if you were on race gas if you guys have the same turbo,on the same boost the evo just flows more and makes more power...

4g63>ej25
    They each of their own pros/cons, but I do love the 4g for its simplicity, ease of modification and strength. I think they are both great motors. High-horsepower AWD launches and that 1st-2nd shift are something everyone should experience before they die.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge

4g63>ej25
    They each of their own pros/cons, but I do love the 4g for its simplicity, ease of modification and strength. I think they are both great motors. High-horsepower AWD launches and that 1st-2nd shift are something everyone should experience before they die.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Both have their pros/cons, but you're right from a stock motor standpoint the evo motor is def. a more stout motor.. However built motors is a different story. you put the right built motor in there with the right flowing cams/head paackage with the right turbo, you can make some SERIOUS power..
    However i do disagree with your statement about the same boost evo makes more power. I actually put down more power than that evo did on C16, he maxxed out at low 500's (506wp i believe) and i've had mine at 520 already and that was before i switched my dumptube to atmosphere which the evo had at the time of the race too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    oh yeah i forgot i got a run in with you one time when i was running my 110 map i believe, may have been my c1 map but not sure, anyways yes BIG difference, was like a 3 car length difference just to 100 no?
    Yep, about that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL yeah i love everything about race gas. especially the smell of some c16 coming out the tailpipes.. lol.. noting smells sweater Click here to enlarge 3 car lengths justfrom like ~30mph to 100 is a MAJOR difference in HP..i believe it was c16 that i was running that day, but over my pump gas map where we were pretty much even/id pull a tiny bit to 3 carlengths.. big difference.. WHP wise i believe it was 385whp pump gas and 497whp c16 so another ~115WHP, from boost and gas Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea dollar for dollar gotta give it to the evo also, but still got love for the boxer motor

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Evo rape.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Evo rape.
    Yea thats what happens when you race a car with the same setup as you but running race gas, they WILL win.. This seems to be a difficult comcept for you though so go ahead and think whatever you want.. you're obviously not too bright, getting pulled by ~2 cars with him on race gas is actually kinda sad, he should have pulled a good amount more for making ~60whp more..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    his seems to be a difficult comcept for you though so go ahead and think whatever you want.. you're obviously not too bright,
    I wouldn't waste your time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the post, that was one strong Evo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Been a while since I've seen these. The guy that bought my STI off of me after the old lady ran me off the road now is running a GT4094R. On pump he's around 450whp, E85 he just got into the low 600s whp so looking forward to see how it runs again!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That solid power.