Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

How to keep threads on track

Copied from a post I made in the Frankenturbo thread.

"Look, NO ONE on here likes it when Tony gets in one of his fits...this is common knowledge. It is also common knowledge that Tony goes on less fits when people don't direct anything at him or about him that he may not like.

Is it fair to just bite your tongue even though he likely will not? No.

Is it logical and best for yourselves and everyone else if you do just take the high road? ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY.

Moral, stop acting like children yourselves(all that have problems with Tony) and don't even talk to or about him and ignore things you don't like that he says. Just imagine how much less BS banter we would have gumming up threads if everyone did that with Tony and Sticky.(lets be honest, an argument with Sticky destroys a thread fast as $#@! too)"

Can we all try this? please?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Or Tony can just go away.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 08_335i Click here to enlarge
    Or Tony can just go away.
    Or you can. Coin has two sides. It's always easier to moderate yourself than to moderate someone else. Just skip every post with his name obit if you don't like his postings so much. No one is making you read them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Convert Click here to enlarge

Is it fair to just bite your tongue even though he likely will not? No.

Is it logical and best for yourselves and everyone else if you do just take the high road? ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY.
    (lets be honest, an argument with Sticky destroys a thread fast as $#@! too)"

Can we all try this? please?
    the thing is.. the people who post and do ignore don't show up statistically.. i imagine its an exponentially higher number of people who ignore it because they don't want to get tangled in.

i am one of those and there are many times where i type up a post and just delete it because like him once he responds to my reply i'm going to get tangled in and i'm not going to want him have his way... with that said doing nothing doesn't resolve the first part.. he'll do his thing regardless. if it were only people calling him out and he was responding it would be one thing.. but he just barges on into any thread this forum or otherwise in an socially inappropriate manner. the true solution when you have someone crapping all over forums is to ban them. if he didn't have vendor status don't you think he'd be long gone?

i don't have a problem with his insightful posts.. i don't have a problem with trying to push the platform or trying to market his products when appropriate.. its the baggage that he knowingly brings along and i've seen more baggage than substance from him..

even for those who just sit it out.. eventually you get fed up of seeing it and he finally posts something that just makes you tick . when its supposed to be a forum that brings people together and pushes a platform forward and you have one guy deliberately disturbing that desired homeostasis in a negative manner it gets annoying and quick. the banter often stops me from following up on threads i'm genuinely interested in because one person decides to push his own agenda for 3 pages. my solution..

sticky can be a pain.. but in his defense he's gotten better about it and when your actively posting on your own forum.. your going to generally want to be the guy that "comes out on top" not saying its right not even saying that is his agenda, but his vantage point is completely different from any of ours.. the true solution to that.. is to separate his posting life from his duties by choosing one side and having someone else run the rest, which will never happen.. imagine if they both were just regular forum members and those moderating the forum had no incentive to tolerate such behavior.. either they would calm down or they would get the boot.

again it is a business.. the day tony chooses not to pay is the day sticky will reconsider letting him run wild.. as for sticky.. well he literally can do whatever he wants.. this is HIS forum he can run it anyway he chooses to and obviously is an enthusiast.. he's going to want to post.

and yes the obvious.. if i don't like it i can go elsewhere.. honestly i've been just fine staying away from bb as much as i like a lot of the content.
    Last edited by Daily Three; 04-15-2016 at 03:17 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Or you can. Coin has two sides. It's always easier to moderate yourself than to moderate someone else. Just skip every post with his name obit if you don't like his postings so much. No one is making you read them.
    sorry for the second post after i just had verbal diarrhea, but what do you do when without inviting him into his thread he barges in and craps all over it? ignore it and let him continue? there has to be boundaries. either there are not, they are not strict or defined well enough, or not enforced.. while i don't like policing there are times when it is necessary. if only the world used that way lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't think a solution to any problem is to ignore it or pretend it does not exist.

I too have typed of many a response to just delete it as it's not worth my time getting into an argument with a vendor.

It is what it is.

The truth of the matter is I think this is the only bmw forum left VTT has not been banned from and burned bridges. If you don't want to deal with 'the situation' don't visit here. Which I know happens and people avoid this forum for that very reason. However that # is very hard to quantify. I have PMs from users stating this exact fact.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Daily Three Click here to enlarge
    my solution..
    whoops typo.. no way to edit after a few min i take it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I totally get what you guys are saying. However, if you don't argue back, no matter if they barge in, or reply to you directly, if you cease that dialogue, that dialogue ceases. Unless everyone decides to band together it would never work, BUT it would if everyone stopped instigating with them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    whoops typo.. no way to edit after a few min i take it?
    I think you have 10m to edit a post.

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I totally get what you guys are saying. However, if you don't argue back, no matter if they barge in, or reply to you directly, if you cease that dialogue, that dialogue ceases. Unless everyone decides to band together it would never work, BUT it would if everyone stopped instigating with them.
    I understand where you are coming from. This is kind of what a parents tells a child about a bully. If you just ignore them they will move on as the feed off of your responses. It's just hard not to respond to such infuriating ridiculous posts over and over and over again.

Personally I stopped quoting or responding directly to Tony a month ago and plan on keeping it that way.

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just add him to your ignore list.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol and i get/agree with what you are saying.. but it is a partial fix.. doesn't stop the barging in.. and he isn't going to control himself.. and even if you me and 50 other people dont respond.. it only takes one. the driver of the crap storm is not that one.. the driver is the instigator. and he won't stop.. its like trying to get a no turning back junkie to stop.. cutting him off financially won't stop him.. theyll steal from you someone else do whatever they have to until you put them in an isolated cell and keep them there.. extreme example, but what else is he really doing..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JC335xi Click here to enlarge
    Just add him to your ignore list.
    that only ignores notifications right? doesn't remove his posts from your view?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Why should everyone else change for 1 person? Thats a pretty liberal view of things and thats coming from someone from Massachusetts.
    Formerly 3000GT MR

Have a single turbo and/or tired of burning up O2 sensors? Ask me about the new ADV retro kits!

Click here to enlarge
    335i
    E92 2010
    Mods: VM 6466 top mount, VRSF IC, twin disk, and lots more!
    335i VFF900 E90 2009 RIP

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    that only ignores notifications right? doesn't remove his posts from your view?
    You see that he made a post but not the content.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    outside of launching a DDOS attack on the forum what else do you suggest? i agree, but we don't have the ability to flat out prevent his actions.. that is up to sticky to listen to us or side with the paying party..

really all you can do is go to a different venue.. i suppose you could organize a forum walk out lol..

if sticky saw a statistically significant correlation between his existence and a dire member loss rate he might consider cutting ties as other vendors would not likely keep paying for small pool of members..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Chris@CKI Click here to enlarge
    thats coming from someone from Massachusetts.
    you are always welcome back by the way.

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why should everyone else change for 1 person? Thats a pretty liberal view of things and thats coming from someone from Massachusetts.
    The basis is that you cannot change someone. Only they can change themselves, and if they don't want to the only thing you can do is ignore them. It's like cutting off a family member. You may see them at family events, but you choose to ignore them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JC335xi Click here to enlarge
    You see that he made a post but not the content.
    interesting that certainly helps, but there is still the ensuing banter created by the replying party.. but if EVERYONE ignored him it would work lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The basis is that you cannot change someone. Only they can change themselves, and if they don't want to the only thing you can do is ignore them. It's like cutting off a family member. You may see them at family events, but you choose to ignore them.
    lol but to many.. he isn't viewed as a friend, a co-worker, a family member, or a person you want to have met. i've certainly refused to attend an event just because i didn't want to deal with certain individuals..

by ourselves we can't do anything.. we need 911.. but 911 is getting bribed Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    you are always welcome back by the way.
    I'll be back during the last weekend of the month for 4 days. lol Then again for Christmas.

I'll beg to differ, on the forum everyone is entitled to theyre own opinion. When someone makes a legit subtle argument of difference, the said person cant handle himself and acts like a fool instead of just rationally talking about it. All this does is get everyone else riled up. The problem isnt the hundreds of people its the one person.
    Formerly 3000GT MR

Have a single turbo and/or tired of burning up O2 sensors? Ask me about the new ADV retro kits!

Click here to enlarge
    335i
    E92 2010
    Mods: VM 6466 top mount, VRSF IC, twin disk, and lots more!
    335i VFF900 E90 2009 RIP

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I'll be back during the last weekend of the month for 4 days. lol Then again for Christmas.

I'll beg to differ, on the forum everyone is entitled to theyre own opinion. When someone makes a legit subtle argument of difference, the said person cant handle himself and acts like a fool instead of just rationally talking about it. All this does is get everyone else riled up. The problem isnt the hundreds of people its the one person.
    i still want to hear your user end solution!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol i wonder who negged me Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If only there was a reality show for all this forum drama.

This forum puts an emphasis on self-expression and user moderation. The solution isn't to single anyone out.

Forums statistics are up across the board as is revenue from last year. That's a good trend.

I know not everyone agrees with certain posters but you also don't agree with certain people in real life, right? You can choose not to participate in a discussion.

Getting rid of people you may not like is not right. You have an ignore feature anyway, use it if you need to.

Additionally, what I may do is make it so people on your ignore list can't post in threads you create and also make it that after a certain number of neg reps in a certain span that person is automatically banned from the thread.

I prefer to tweak the community moderation to shift more power to the users rather than be Draconian.

With more freedom comes more potential to abuse that freedom. It's better than the other choices though.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    honestly i've been just fine staying away from bb
    Have you really? Have you?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast