10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry about that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    awesome, at least now you're straight up being rude. (AND showing your lack of reading and comprehension).. ooh and implying i'm immature, good good.
    Rude? me? Honest maybe, rude, no.
    I PM'd LM about it.. you know what i got? "go and read the posts directed at me that i never asked for" - paraphrased.. so again, i'll say it, no, i cannot resolve this with LM, he seems to flatout refuse to give me any reason for anything, hence other actions need to be taken hence the posts in this thread?
    Your problem, man. I was just giving advice. I do feel for you though...
    you seem to be another person who doesn't get the rep system.. i'll even re-explain it here... if you don't like this post, feel free to neg rep it, that's what the rep system is for (also if a post is wilfully ignorant, trolling, potentially harmful, you know, anything negative)
    If I was to go around this entire forum neg repping every post I see and don't like I would be a very bust man and there would be a LOT of unhappy members around here.
    I basically would neg rep the $#@! out of every gun related thread around, and a lot of polical threads as well.
    I have the common sense to do non of such things.
    Maybe you should try constraining yourself as well...
    if you don't like this post, don't feel free to neg rep this post, my last post, the post before that, the post you see in a week that's helping someone make a product purchase/diagnose an issue.. that is NOT what the rep system is for.

BUT that is exactly what was/is happening.. and you don't have a problem with it being used in this manner?
    If people are targeting you that is exacly what will happen.
    Too much work searching for posts to disagree with. Much easier to pick the first post you come across. Not a system failure
    i'm here to make friends, share cool car stuff, laugh at horrible car stuff, and commiserate with broken car stuff but it seems like you and alpine aren't particularly, since you don't seem to enjoy reading posts properly and understanding them... i mean, judging by your above reply, you didn't seem to have read the post you quoted even.
    Really? Is that your perception of my responce?
    i didn't initially address the dispute publically, this was about the rep system and how it's being abused, regardless of who is doing it or who is effected by it.. i didn't initially state that a particular member was doing anything, just that random unwarranted negatives were happening, and that it wouldn't be long before i was effectively banned.

can you please explain why you have such a negative attitude towards me when i have never done anything untoward to you?.. so please, explain why you have a sudden dislike for me as well, and 'where it's coming from'
    I'm not negative towards you at all. I gave you constructive advice. But I'm not really interrested in your private problems. No offence.
    actually, since you'll probably get it wrong, it's coming from frustration at other peoples ignorance. i'd just like people to read and comprehend what i'm saying before typing out replies. simples.
    Now that responce would allow for a neg rep I think?
    But in your case I'm just not gonna bother.
    You just would misinterpret the 23 rep drop...
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    i have no problem with criticism, as long as it's constructive

but you were complaining about a single negative rep, and by the function of the system, i'm allowed to dislike that post and give it a -rep.. however, i won't go around negging any of your other posts unless they deserve it, in fact, i've seen posts i'd +rep if i wasn't maxed out for the day
    You don't get the concept at all! Both David and I started off really cool with you and you took it the wrong way....

Buddy you negged me on a post where I was being polite ,giving you advise and you are going to say it was deserving?? And you wonder why I'm being a dick now?

yes, rude, but not ignorant

i made quite a number of valid points about the rep system in it's current implementation, that regardless of how many people are effected by it, can be improved upon, without reducing functionality, improving it as a whole with no forseeable downsides

your response was (in essence) 'who cares, don't screw with it! it's fine in every other case' - am i incorrect? - hence, ignorance

and if the new changes turn out to have downsides? either revert to the previous most functional implementation, or continue experimenting until it works as well as possile
    Neither David or my response were rude. Straight up you are just a sensitive puss! Man up.

So the rep system needs to be adjusted because you feel everyone has it in for you?? Wtf? The rep system is not going to save you from the way YOU carry yourself around these forums.
    The problem is YOU not the rep system.

will YOU at least give me an explanation as to why ? haha
    Because you have asked for it in multiple posts?? And because I and other members have tried to be cool with you and you continue to act like a $#@!ing female.

no they haven't? like @Sered from memory was also getting negged out of nowhere last i saw... checked again, he's a fair bit lower than yesterday without even having made a post.

Well @Sered will get repetitive positives from me, Just because he hasn't been a whiner like you.
    You will continue to get negged Click here to enlarge

why do you keep mentioning 'hero'

the correct term is 'forum user'... if everyone were to ignore everyone else's indirect questions, 90% of people wouldn't get an answer and this forum would be a ghost town.

Forum user??? Well let me tell you, you are doing it wrong.

Members here know how to search for things. The info is there fir members to find but you want to be a spoon feeder.

Obviously you DO need to worry about yourself. You have managed to rub people the wrong way when all they were trying to do was give you advise.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

@alpinedevil335 - not sure if you got that - but that was my fault... I will balance it back out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    @alpinedevil335 - not sure if you got that - but that was my fault... I will balance it back out.
    I was about to respond to your PM.
    No worries!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    You don't get the concept at all! Both David and I started off really cool with you and you took it the wrong way....

Buddy you negged me on a post where I was being polite ,giving you advise and you are going to say it was deserving?? And you wonder why I'm being a dick now?

Neither David or my response were rude. Straight up you are just a sensitive puss! Man up.

So the rep system needs to be adjusted because you feel everyone has it in for you?? Wtf? The rep system is not going to save you from the way YOU carry yourself around these forums.

Because you have asked for it in multiple posts?? And because I and other members have tried to be cool with you and you continue to act like a $#@!ing female.

Well @Sered will get repetitive positives from me, Just because he hasn't been a whiner like you.

Members here know how to search for things. The info is there fir members to find but you want to be a spoon feeder.

Obviously you DO need to worry about yourself. You have managed to rub people the wrong way when all they were trying to do was give you advise.
    Way to preach it. This is whats wrong with the world....leave one forum cuse u dont like it, come to another and find out u dont like it either and complain until it gets changed to suit your ideas/wants. That my friend is what we call a liberal...hes not the problem...the system is lol.

I for one do not give two $#@!s about anything I say..I speak my mind freely..someone gets butthurt over it deal with it. Ive gotten neg repped before but most people know me here to be one of the most helpful people around.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    I have the common sense to do non of such things.
    Maybe you should try constraining yourself as well...

If people are targeting you that is exacly what will happen.
    Too much work searching for posts to disagree with. Much easier to pick the first post you come across. Not a system failure

Really? Is that your perception of my responce?

I'm not negative towards you at all. I gave you constructive advice. But I'm not really interrested in your private problems. No offence.

Now that responce would allow for a neg rep I think?
    But in your case I'm just not gonna bother.
    You just would misinterpret the 23 rep drop...
    i've probably given out 10 negative reps the whole time i've been here.

i haven't spoken a single bit about my 'private problems' hence my rather confused response. - and your 'constructive advice' was already addressed in prior posts.

i wouldn't misinterpret it, id think 'well he didn't agree with it'..

if you negged my posts in my build thread, then, well, yes i would.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    no you didn't, you 'started off' saying straight up that i was wrong and complaining about nothing... that i hadn't tried anything to fix it without making posts here (when i had)

that's not 'starting off really cool'

this is the problem, you seem to think *I* started this argument. when you really should just go back and read the first post i quoted of yours.

go back and read your post and my reply

it was advise putting my actions in a negative way, saying i'm wrong in what i'm saying - no offense in tended but go back and have a read.

again go back and have a read.

agian, go find a single post outside this thread you feel deserves a negative rep. ONE.. you won't find one. the way i 'carry myself' on these forums has nothing to do with what's happening.

there has been no attempt 'to be cool' again, go read your first posts to me in this thread... and anyone who disagrees with you or attempts to educate you is a female?

well... i guess that kinda make sense... strange to put a negative connotation on it though.

and thanks, i'm trying to improve this forum, you're resistant to change, i get punished because everything is obviously instigated by me and entirely my fault, and other members don't have any problems that need resolving, it's good to know.

this is excellent. just because i did the 'whining' instead of him, trying to improve the situation, i get punished. do you think he wouldn't have said anything if i hadn't? not likely.

uhhh in what way am i doing it wrong? one single example. noting that in this thread i was suggesting ways to improve this forum, also noting that you've read my above requests to find a single post of mine that would indicate that i'm a bad member.

ah so you believe if you search for something that is there, but don't find it (maybe wrong keywords), you don't deserve an answer from someone who can provide it in 5-10 seconds. that makes sense.

and for your final sentence, please see various above responses for why that's incorrect.

LET ME REITERATE WHY I STARTED POSTING HERE
    by saying

even sticky saw this as a problem that needed looking into

it's not just random unwarranted 'whining' on my behalf.

unless you're saying sticky is wrong too?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You guys are still going?

I always think the rep system can evolve and be improved.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

LOL, some of these will go on forever, but such is the nature of forums. Personally I come to the forums for a break from the real world as well as for information on my hobby, some of this kind of back and forth keeps it from being just a strictly business place so it's probably healthy distraction. Just keep the personal attacks out of it, like the jew vs arab $#@! from the other day and it's all good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    no you didn't, you 'started off' saying straight up that i was wrong and complaining about nothing... that i hadn't tried anything to fix it without making posts here (when i had)

that's not 'starting off really cool'

this is the problem, you seem to think *I* started this argument. when you really should just go back and read the first post i quoted of yours.

go back and read your post and my reply

it was advise putting my actions in a negative way, saying i'm wrong in what i'm saying - no offense in tended but go back and have a read.

again go back and have a read.

agian, go find a single post outside this thread you feel deserves a negative rep. ONE.. you won't find one. the way i 'carry myself' on these forums has nothing to do with what's happening.

there has been no attempt 'to be cool' again, go read your first posts to me in this thread... and anyone who disagrees with you or attempts to educate you is a female?

well... i guess that kinda make sense... strange to put a negative connotation on it though.

and thanks, i'm trying to improve this forum, you're resistant to change, i get punished because everything is obviously instigated by me and entirely my fault, and other members don't have any problems that need resolving, it's good to know.

this is excellent. just because i did the 'whining' instead of him, trying to improve the situation, i get punished. do you think he wouldn't have said anything if i hadn't? not likely.

uhhh in what way am i doing it wrong? one single example. noting that in this thread i was suggesting ways to improve this forum, also noting that you've read my above requests to find a single post of mine that would indicate that i'm a bad member.

ah so you believe if you search for something that is there, but don't find it (maybe wrong keywords), you don't deserve an answer from someone who can provide it in 5-10 seconds. that makes sense.

and for your final sentence, please see various above responses for why that's incorrect.

LET ME REITERATE WHY I STARTED POSTING HERE
    by saying

even sticky saw this as a problem that needed looking into

it's not just random unwarranted 'whining' on my behalf.

unless you're saying sticky is wrong too?
    You mean the posts that were positively repped by other members?
    Don't need to read anything again. IT WAS not rude in any way(not the first couple of posts)

The time and effort you have put into posting in this thread should have been used to bring up your rep by participating in other threads. All you have managed to do here is dig a deeper hole for yourself.

You just take things the wrong way guy. I hope you can find a way to not rub people the wrong way going forward. Good luck.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You mean the posts that were positively repped by other members?
    Don't need to read anything again. IT WAS not rude in any way(not the first couple of posts)

The time and effort you have put into posting in this thread should have been used to bring up your rep by participating in other threads. All you have managed to do here is dig a deeper hole for yourself.

You just take things the wrong way guy. I hope you can find a way to not rub people the wrong way going forward. Good luck.
    the way in which it was rude, was not reading my first posts on the matter clearly outlining where the issues were, that's all

I have been posting in other threads from time to time, i just don't tend to post without something useful to add haha

seems like we both take things the wrong way, same advice to you

good luck to you too Click here to enlarge
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Guys guys, leave the females out of this

/yawns/ but on a more serious note, this is still going??

all forums can improve from suggestions put forward by it's members

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    IMHO the rep system is good as it is.
    Tampering with the neg rep spread system to counter one excess is not worth the negative impact it has on the reputation system as a whole.

Let the parties involved resolve their dispute induvidually.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kirstie.tyson Click here to enlarge
    Guys guys, leave the females out of this
    As a rule of thumb we try to involve females to this site as much as possible Click here to enlarge
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    holy $#@!, these guys (and i use that term loosely) are still crying about it? thats half the issue, not knowing when to not try and get the last word, even when multiple people try and help..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tampering with the neg rep spread system to counter one excess is not worth the negative impact it has on the reputation system as a whole
    Agreed.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    holy $#@!, these guys (and i use that term loosely) are still crying about it? thats half the issue, not knowing when to not try and get the last word, even when multiple people try and help..
    This

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

You do realise you fall into this category right? You are keeping it going with your last post, after all.

if you're going to make inflammatory comments people will respond accordingly

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    You do realise you fall into this category right? You are keeping it going with your last post after aall if you're going to make inflammatory comments people will respond accordingly

and your post does not..?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tampering with the neg rep spread system to counter one excess is not worth the negative impact it has on the reputation system as a whole.
    That has yet to be seen

i'm sure some people thought lowered spread from 20 to 10 would have a negative impact, as well as numerous other changes over the last few year since it was first released.

All any change to this now should do, is change it from an individual being able to moderate as they see fit to 100% community based. As it should be.

And if it does turn out to be a hindrance? It could be reset to the way it was, anyway. Nothing is permanent.

Can't improve anything if you never try!

If you (or anyone else) can explain 'impact on the system as a whole' with any idea you have, i'd be really interested. So far all iI've heard is 'it'll be bad' with no reasoning.

Not trying to start an argument, but that's the whole problem in this thread, there's been no substance to this discussion coming from anyone else.

That's what this thread is for i believe, and if people are going to get punished for attempting to start reasonable, calm discussion and improve things... well better lock this thread.

Let the parties involved resolve their dispute induvidually.
    When that's attempted and doesn't work?

Sometimes not all parties will be receptive to resolution Click here to enlarge
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    maybe i labelled the wrong person the crybaby..?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Apparently haha

That's my thought, it just seems a number of others are afraid any changes will break it, and are permanent Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by amclint Click here to enlarge
    LOL, some of these will go on forever, but such is the nature of forums. Personally I come to the forums for a break from the real world as well as for information on my hobby, some of this kind of back and forth keeps it from being just a strictly business place so it's probably healthy distraction.
    Exactly, forums are srsbzns according to too many haha. Maybe not forever for this one because apparently a lot of people vehemently don't want the rep system touched *shrug*

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by amclint Click here to enlarge
    Just keep the personal attacks out of it, like the jew vs arab $#@! from the other day and it's all good.
    That's the hard part sometimes, sadly - i missed out on the jew vs arab thing though. Racism's not cool.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There is a dispute resolution section you guys know where a thread can be made so you guys can stop cluttering this...

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There is a dispute resolution section you guys know where a thread can be made so you guys can stop cluttering this...
    does it work?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    and your post does not..?
    Never said it didn't. I simply stated an observation
    youre being mighty hypocritical here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Never said it didn't. I simply stated an observation
    youre being mighty hypocritical here.
    i'm going to suggest you don't continue with this... no point, and it won't end/end well lol

and at this point you're both proving the same thing.
    boop

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast