Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: Kleemann W209 CLK500 Supercharger Install by DC Performance

              
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    101,373
    Rep Points
    24,401.6
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    245


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Kleemann W209 CLK500 Supercharger Install by DC Performance

    Kleemann makes a variety of supercharger setups for Mercedes vehicles. They use a roots blower for their kits which makes for a clean install which you can see as well as a car that is a fun to drive. Our friends at DC Performance did a supercharger install of a used kit on a W209 CLK500 and they did a great job documenting the install. No dynos yet although we intend to ask for them, Kleemann claims 455 horsepower and 433 pound-feed of torque.

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    79
    Rep Points
    98.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I just wonder when someone (or even Kleemann) will provide something similar for v6 m272

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    101,373
    Rep Points
    24,401.6
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    245


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bogdan_mb Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just wonder when someone (or even Kleemann) will provide something similar for v6 m272
    That is a newer motor so it will take time but it is a good candidate for an SC.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    79
    Rep Points
    98.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I don't find it quite as new since it's been on the market over 5 years now and also tehnically it's not that complicated (nissan 3.5 v6 has a lot of F/I options). Because not many people have in plan to upgrade this engine (if someone would've need more power in a E350 /S350 for example it would go with 500 v8) major companies don't want to spend some serious mony in reliability test and so. But if we take in consideration smaller cars like slk or c-class it would be quite interesting. Well until then I'll just have to wait.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    101,373
    Rep Points
    24,401.6
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    245


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bogdan_mb Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't find it quite as new since it's been on the market over 5 years now and also tehnically it's not that complicated (nissan 3.5 v6 has a lot of F/I options). Because not many people have in plan to upgrade this engine (if someone would've need more power in a E350 /S350 for example it would go with 500 v8) major companies don't want to spend some serious mony in reliability test and so. But if we take in consideration smaller cars like slk or c-class it would be quite interesting. Well until then I'll just have to wait.
    Exactly, you say it quite well.

    With the C and SLK class though there is clearly a market for it. I'm rather surprised we haven't seen anything and no one seems to have announced an SC either. Kleemann would be my first hope but... nothing.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6
    Rep Points
    16.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Ha, Ha! I googled Supercharged CLK500 and I found this article; I was like "Hey, that's my car!". I would like to report that the car is still running great and when I'm not on it (not many chances to open her up in LA), my MPG went up from 18.5MPG -> 24MPG.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    101,373
    Rep Points
    24,401.6
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    245


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 2MCHCAR Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ha, Ha! I googled Supercharged CLK500 and I found this article; I was like "Hey, that's my car!". I would like to report that the car is still running great and when I'm not on it (not many chances to open her up in LA), my MPG went up from 18.5MPG -> 24MPG.
    Awesome, welcome! How much power are you putting down?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,162
    Rep Points
    -606.0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Awesome, welcome! How much power are you putting down?
    thats something everyone been asking him since day 1 of the install still no numbers, i think he is pushing same as me at the wheels.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6
    Rep Points
    16.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Awesome, welcome! How much power are you putting down?
    Thanks Sticky, here are the numbers:
    Baseline: 257WHP 301WTQ
    Supercharged: 341WHP 356WTQ

    I have a few more engine mods to go, so I hope to reach the 400WHP figure some day (installed some BMC air filters just this weekend).

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    thats something everyone been asking him since day 1 of the install still no numbers, i think he is pushing same as me at the wheels.
    Ha, Ha! I do tend to build the suspense sometimes, but I do respond to certain requests when I get the time. On 2/20/2011 I posted the following dyno graph on MBW:

    Click here to enlarge

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    101,373
    Rep Points
    24,401.6
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    245


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 2MCHCAR Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks Sticky, here are the numbers:
    Baseline: 257WHP 301WTQ
    Supercharged: 341WHP 356WTQ

    I have a few more engine mods to go, so I hope to reach the 400WHP figure some day (installed some BMC air filters just this weekend).
    Not bad, gain of 100 whp almost. What boost is it at?

    I think you can probably get into the 400 whp range.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houses
    Posts
    891
    Rep Points
    386.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Did someone say METH?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6
    Rep Points
    16.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not bad, gain of 100 whp almost. What boost is it at?

    I think you can probably get into the 400 whp range.
    I plan on getting on the dyno again and see if it's consistent (after the ECU had a few months to adapt). I'm not sure of the boost level, but I'll email Kleemann and find out.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did someone say METH?
    Ha, Ha! Anything is on the table. There's headers, smaller SC pulley, cams, Custom Tune (OE Tuning of course; there located near buy) and P&P heads.
    BTW, your signature is FANTASTIC! LoL!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houses
    Posts
    891
    Rep Points
    386.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Thanks, man. I've never driven a car with OE Tuning, but I have driven MHP tuned car. Almost $#@! myself too. Just sayin. Have no experience with MB tuners other than that as I'm a BMW guy.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    101,373
    Rep Points
    24,401.6
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    245


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 2MCHCAR Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ha, Ha! Anything is on the table. There's headers, smaller SC pulley, cams, Custom Tune (OE Tuning of course; there located near buy) and P&P heads.
    Would be sweet to see what OE could do with it and how their tune would compare. You are just using the Kleemann base tune right?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6
    Rep Points
    16.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks, man. I've never driven a car with OE Tuning, but I have driven MHP tuned car. Almost $#@! myself too. Just sayin. Have no experience with MB tuners other than that as I'm a BMW guy.
    Actually, I'm going to contact MHP about their TCU tune (With all this extra torque my car short shifts like crazy); I would consider their ECU tune, but if they're not in LA I can't get a Custom Dyno Tune from them (OE is local).

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would be sweet to see what OE could do with it and how their tune would compare. You are just using the Kleemann base tune right?
    Yes, I do have the Kleemann base tune, but I'm not sure how much was left on the table. I wanted to do a hardware mod (Pulley, Shorty Header, Cam) so I can maximize my $$$, but maybe I should get a dyno tune then add hardware (to see the gains based on the hardware).

    Kleemann Supercharged CLK500

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    101,373
    Rep Points
    24,401.6
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    245


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 2MCHCAR Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, I do have the Kleemann base tune, but I'm not sure how much was left on the table. I wanted to do a hardware mod (Pulley, Shorty Header, Cam) so I can maximize my $$$, but maybe I should get a dyno tune then add hardware (to see the gains based on the hardware).
    Ideally, to see the gains each step of the way that would be great. If you want to do that, I think OE would work with you. You will want to retune for the hardware though once you do it, the pulley, headers, cams, etc.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6
    Rep Points
    16.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not bad, gain of 100 whp almost. What boost is it at?

    I think you can probably get into the 400 whp range.
    As a follow-up to your question, I inquired about the boost level and they informed me it was at 6lbs-6.5lbs, so it's a safe low boost kit. I really don't want to push too much boost, this motor is designed to be N/A and it doesn't have forged internals. I haven't seen anybody else really push the 5.0L M113, so I have no idea what its limits are.

    Kleemann Supercharged CLK500

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    101,373
    Rep Points
    24,401.6
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    245


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 2MCHCAR Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As a follow-up to your question, I inquired about the boost level and they informed me it was at 6lbs-6.5lbs, so it's a safe low boost kit. I really don't want to push too much boost, this motor is designed to be N/A and it doesn't have forged internals. I haven't seen anybody else really push the 5.0L M113, so I have no idea what its limits are.
    Without forged internals I think you are quite right to stay conservative.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6
    Rep Points
    16.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I have a Dyno video to share!Click here to enlarge


    Kleemann Supercharged CLK500

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    101,373
    Rep Points
    24,401.6
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    245


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 2MCHCAR Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a Dyno video to share!Click here to enlarge

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr8xR9bJpZM
    Embedded the video for you, nicely done!

    Looks like 356 whp? Can you post the graph please? Thanks.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,162
    Rep Points
    -606.0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    need 1/4 times

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    101,373
    Rep Points
    24,401.6
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    245


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    need 1/4 times
    Damn man, one step at a time, appreciate the install, dyno graphs, and tune first.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,162
    Rep Points
    -606.0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    he did his kit like 6 months ago plenty of time...

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    101,373
    Rep Points
    24,401.6
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    245


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he did his kit like 6 months ago plenty of time...
    You took some time to get out to the strip too Click here to enlarge

    Yes, he has had some time to get out there, hopefully he does.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    152
    Rep Points
    160.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Nice car Click here to enlarge

    Here is the installation instructions in more detail for the V6
    http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...pressor_V3.pdf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •