Close

Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,804
    Rep Points
    31,798.7
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No

    Race Videos: Stock C63 vs. P31 C63 and OE Tuning tuned C63 vs. P31 C63

    Here we have a great video comparison of a stock C63 and a stock P31 C63 running each other. Both cars are 100% stock on 91 pump gas. Later on in the video, the stock C63 runs a tune by OE Tuning which the outcome has both cars equal. This goes to show that a P31 car is as fast a standard C63 with tune making for an impressive factory package.

    Click here to enlarge


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Nicely done! I love Video's Click here to enlarge

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,804
    Rep Points
    31,798.7
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318



    Yes Reputation No
    This is extremely well done and something the community has been waiting on for some time.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,185
    Rep Points
    2,132.0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hey guys, we had some solid runs down there...Im the P31 car and when I ran with the OE tuned car we were exactly the same...we did a 3rd run but cameras werent rolling and we had both got perfect starts (exact same time) and it was EXACTLY even.

    Before the he swapped ecu's...I would pull pretty hard as you can see in the video. And in the 2nd run he actually got the jump on me and was probably a car ahead and I got back up and started pulling on him again. So the P31 is pretty impressive and the tune is very impressive to go from car lengths to dead even.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    282
    Rep Points
    245.6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Now, how about someone attempts to tune the P31 and see how that compares to the stock P31... Click here to enlarge
    2009.5 AW E90 335i ZMP - SOLD
    2013 E92 M3 6MT ZCP - Space Grey/Fox Red Click here to enlarge

    Want to Buy: 1977-89 Porsche 911 Turbo Coupe (930)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,804
    Rep Points
    31,798.7
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys, we had some solid runs down there...Im the P31 car and when I ran with the OE tuned car we were exactly the same...we did a 3rd run but cameras werent rolling and we had both got perfect starts (exact same time) and it was EXACTLY even.

    Before the he swapped ecu's...I would pull pretty hard as you can see in the video. And in the 2nd run he actually got the jump on me and was probably a car ahead and I got back up and started pulling on him again. So the P31 is pretty impressive and the tune is very impressive to go from car lengths to dead even.
    I'm looking forward to seeing how much room is left in the P31 tune.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,185
    Rep Points
    2,132.0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CookieCrisp Click here to enlarge
    Now, how about someone attempts to tune the P31 and see how that compares to the stock P31... Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm looking forward to seeing how much room is left in the P31 tune.
    We will find out soon! I believe someone tried thru kleeman and could on get a 4 hp.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    610
    Rep Points
    343.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Solid comparo vids!

    Sam, what was the 60-130 on the stock car? I ran a OE-tuned C63 when my car was NA with all the bolt on's, and we were very close. It's amazing what the C63 does with all the bolt ons, great platform if you want to stay NA and trap 125+MPH.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,804
    Rep Points
    31,798.7
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    Solid comparo vids!

    Sam, what was the 60-130 on the stock car? I ran a OE-tuned C63 when my car was NA with all the bolt on's, and we were very close. It's amazing what the C63 does with all the bolt ons, great platform if you want to stay NA and trap 125+MPH.
    Was a 60-130 taken from the stock car?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    610
    Rep Points
    343.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Was a 60-130 taken from the stock car?
    In the vid you can see that there's a vbox in the car, not sure if it was recording the runs.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,804
    Rep Points
    31,798.7
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    In the vid you can see that there's a vbox in the car, not sure if it was recording the runs.
    Yes I saw the Vbox but no mention of any 60-130's for the stock C63. Hope they did some...

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,185
    Rep Points
    2,132.0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    He did have the vbox on, but he never went for 60 to 130 runs...for comparison sake we left the cars in "s" so there was as even of a comparison as possible. To get best vbox times u need to be in "m" so the car doesnt shift right before 130. We also didnt pay attention to uphill because it was just to see me vs him.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,804
    Rep Points
    31,798.7
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    He did have the vbox on, but he never went for 60 to 130 runs...for comparison sake we left the cars in "s" so there was as even of a comparison as possible. To get best vbox times u need to be in "m" so the car doesnt shift right before 130. We also didnt pay attention to uphill because it was just to see me vs him.
    Any chance we can get some stock 60-130's for the base C63? Seems we still don't have a solid number for it.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,080
    Rep Points
    1,142.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Sorry, but can one of you explain what a P31 has exactly?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,185
    Rep Points
    2,132.0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Any chance we can get some stock 60-130's for the base C63? Seems we still don't have a solid number for it.
    I would love to know as well !!! Jeremy has the vbox but it was used on a few cars and Im not sure there is a way to know which runs are from what car. But I have been asking around trying to get some people to do some runs.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,804
    Rep Points
    31,798.7
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    I would love to know as well !!! Jeremy has the vbox but it was used on a few cars and Im not sure there is a way to know which runs are from what car. But I have been asking around trying to get some people to do some runs.
    Whose car was that anyway?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,185
    Rep Points
    2,132.0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Whose car was that anyway?
    I am going to send you a PM. Dont want to call out peoples names
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,185
    Rep Points
    2,132.0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    Sorry, but can one of you explain what a P31 has exactly?
    *Increase HP to 481 (they dyno around 420whp on a dynojet)
    *Light Weight AMG Forged Pistons
    *Light Weight Connecting Rods
    *Revised Crankshaft
    *New Engine Managment
    *AMG Compound Braking System
    *Red Brake Calipers
    *New CF Rear Trunk Spoiler
    * Top Speed of 174mph!
    * New Alacantera AMG Steering Wheel
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    470
    Rep Points
    487.9
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    well done guys great video.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    158
    Rep Points
    176.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    great video and info! It is nice to see this comparison testing being done. Hats off to DD GT3 RD and OE.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •