Anyone ever use this? http://www.kennebell.net/accessories...oostaspark.htm
At last... an ignition system designed specifically for "coil" engines
So much energy it may have to be dialed back. Activates only at boost or wide open throttle where the engine really needs it!
Recommended for high cylinder pressure (turbocharged, supercharged, nitrous). The ignition system market has changed. The new domestic and import engines no longer use a distributor with one coil. Instead, there are multiple coils - one (1) for each cylinder. Some engines even have a coil mounted on the individual spark plugs. CD ignitions use the high voltage "short spark" principle whereas the BOOST-A-SPARK™ incorporates the preferred higher energy "long spark" (2500 microseconds vs. 200 for CD's. Kenne Bell, The Innovators, has done it again! The FIRST high energy non CD system designed specifically for the new 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 cylinder engines. And it's cockpit adjustable from 0-50% to handle any boost or rpm. You are in total control. The revolutionary adjustable Kenne Bell BOOST-A-SPARK™ merely taps in on one (1) wire and supplies all the energy your engine needs. All stock modern day engines have great ignition systems for start up, idle, part throttle, fuel economy etc. It's at WIDE OPEN THROTTLE where they're marginal. We activate our hot ignition only where it's really needed - at wide open throttle or in boost. In fact, it produces so much energy you may have to turn it down if the plug wires aren't in good shape. And it works equally well on ALL engines, not just the "coil" engines.
GM • Chrysler • Ford • Honda
Subaru • Mitsubishi • Mazda
Toyota • Nissan
Forget the rhetoric and magazine ads and let's tell it like it really is. Never buy an ignition system for your late model "coil" vehicle because you think it will make more HP, help start ups, increase throttle response or improve fuel economy. It will not. You add an ignition system to guarantee it wll fire at higher rpm or boost levels. The Cobra's ignition (see below) was not igniting all the fuel mixture at 8 psi above 2500 rpm. We activated the BOOST-A-SPARK™ at 3 psi and made 50HP.
"The Boost-A-Spark came through with flying colors, as the engine never missed a beat, even with 8 psi of boost and the plug gap set at .100."
Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords
• Adjustable from 0-50% (13.5 - 20 volts).
• Increases spark energy - ALL 12 VOLT IGNITION SYSTEMS. Highest voltage of any ignition system concept.
• New Kenne Bell "Long Spark" Technology increases AND regulates voltage. NOT a CD with an inherently "short spark."
• More energy than CD systems. Over 2 amps at the plug (10 times more than OEM and 4 times more than other aftermarket ignition systems).
• Eliminates engine misfire under boost or high load.
• Ideal for supercharged, turbocharged and nitrous applications.
• Will fire spark plugs with up to .100" gap and 30 psi boost. 2500 microseconds vs. 200 for CD's.
• Regulates ignition voltage within .1 volt, regardless of battery voltage.
• Allows wider plug gaps for MORE POWER. Other ignition systems must run closer plug gaps.
• Automatically adjusts spark energy to meet engine requirements i.e. rich, lean, supercharged, high compression etc.
•Two (2) models. Supercharged / Turbocharged or Normally Aspirated. Pressure or vacuum switch included.
• Attractive red anodized extruded aluminum weatherproof case.
• Developed on the Kenne Bell Dyno.
• Easy to install. Just connect to primary coil wire.